18 minutes ago, Archlyte said:

Please make a Podcast for this game and/or if possible an official YouTube Campaign Game series so that the public can get the sim right and see the glory of this setting. 

As someone looking into starting a podcast about the L5R RPG, L5R Lore, and the rich world of this game...

What would you like to see?

2 minutes ago, sndwurks said:

As someone looking into starting a podcast about the L5R RPG, L5R Lore, and the rich world of this game...

What would you like to see?

• I think you could do segments on culture as the General Culture is super important.
    • Some ideas: celestial order, court life/politics (lots of sub-topics), caste system, courtesy, honor, society/settlement structure. 
  • A character build that describes a certain school and its mindset. Possible Allies and Enemies.
  • In the order 66 Podcast I loved the segments on the "D20 Mindset" because as an L5R player from back in the d10 pool days that was something we often encountered, and a friendly way to deal with it which also fits Rokugan would be great.
  • I would also like to see discussion on the brilliant system they came up with for using rings with checks by way of description.
  • The Dice System is worth some discussion I think.
  • Clan Culture and History are also good segments. 

1 minute ago, GM Hooly said:

So The Dice Pool Podcast aregoing to do a few stand alone episodes as well. We plan on 3 which will cover:

1) The overall setting

2) The mechanics including the dice 

3) Character Generation

Character Generation is a good one for sure. We had some players new to the setting using beta rues and they were overwhelmed.

from what i understand the shadow-of-the-cabal-podcast will be starting a new campaign with the new rules once they are out. they do a great job for a live play and are well worth listening to. it would be great to see someone come out with a full fledged podcast with rules and the what. lets hope for the best

Hey friends, my podcast just recently covered the beginner box, we called the episodes “the Topaz championship” parts one and two. We got some of the best response from that as we have any game so we’ve decided to take it for campaign, and are even thinking about doing some rules discussions as additional/bonus content. 

The podcast is “Well That Didn’t Work” And you can find us basically anywhere that you can find a Podcast. We would love for you to give us a listen and even a review on iTunes, you can also watch via YouTube through the same name. The YouTube is a little less polished, intentionally so, because we want the podcast to be as close to radio quality as we can get (we are still learning) but we want the YouTube to be raw feed  so that we can practice live feeds by making as few cuts as possible once we finish recording. 

Edited by GMPercy

On 5/24/2018 at 10:17 AM, SavagePanda said:

Shadow of the cabal is a good L5R podcast. they did a play test of the new rules and had a discussion on them. they also plan on using the new rules when they come out. either way they are a good listen. i highly recomend.

The last province podcast covers lore

On 5/24/2018 at 1:16 AM, GM Hooly said:

Hi All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of any L5R RPG Podcasts which use or discuss the new rules?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Hooly, we are going to start posting our rules discussions early next year, following a similar presentation style to Order 66. We are starting by discussing the social/narrative attributes in the game, so it should be a pretty solid talk! Keep a look out on the Well That Didn't Work channel :)

Well That Didn’t Work? Really? I’m no marketing guru but if you are an L5R Podcast, you could have at least called it, “Well That Didn’t Wok” - although that sounds like a cooking show...

Edit: Oh so now that I’ve found you on iTunes, you play a bit of everything. Got it!

Which network are you on? If none, let’s chat!

Edited by GM Hooly

On 12/14/2018 at 2:23 AM, GM Hooly said:

Well That Didn’t Work? Really? I’m no marketing guru but if you are an L5R Podcast, you could have at least called it, “Well That Didn’t Wok” - although that sounds like a cooking show...

Edit: Oh so now that I’ve found you on iTunes, you play a bit of everything. Got it!

We aren't on any networks yet (sorry I just saw this post for some reason, a month late!), but we would for sure love to chat with you!

Also, as an update, our first L5R story using the full rules went live today as the first of 4 "Episode 0s" that will feature 1-on-1 sessions between me (the GM) and each character involved in the actual story which will begin releasing in February. Hope you all give us a listen!

On 12/14/2018 at 2:23 AM, GM Hooly said:

Hey again Hooly, i tried to shoot you a message but it said you were unable to receive them on here. Is there a good way for me to contact you? or will your people just call my people? ;)

Since I last posted, we have published two more origin stories. Ive started a thread where I’m posting with each new show, so follow there if you want to make sure to not miss anything! 

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/288825-new-podcast-for-our-fellow-rokugani/

Edited by GMPercy