Commander Kaine

What IS "Rebel Bias"?

14 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

No, it should not. Regen has always been part of the Rebel's identity. You literally just made a point about Imperial faction identity, why can't Rebels have theirs? I think that a fast arc-dodger already exists in every faction, and that swarms are the new Imperial faction identity. Not all factions should share the same mechanics in the same capacity. Could the imperials get a crew for regen, or a pilot for the Punisher? Sure! But it should not be completely equal to what the Rebels have, and the Rebels should not ever be able to swarm as well as the Imperials can. Arc-Dodgers are now a feature of all 3 factions, with the A-Wing, TIE/In, and Fang Fighter all capable of arc-dodging.

Because... rebels can field just as many ships as imperials. They shouldn't be able to. Or sth... Did you actually read what I wrote? I suggested 2 solutions. One of them was taking away stuff from rebels, the other was giving stuff to imperials. I don't care which happens. One of it should. 

One thing I like about 2.0 is that the imperials seem to be getting a much stronger faction identity through ship specific abilities

For example, the TIE advance seems a shittier X-wing right?

But, what if it's cheaper than the X (it should be)? Then we get a ship that's actually better (more efficient) than the X if played well (i.e you get your ATC working) and a worse ship if not played well (you do not get your ATC working). That's a stark difference from just the all around good x-wing, because you have a ship that scales directly with how well you are able to leverage your special ability.

And that's just the most basic example. For more concrete stuff, you'd have to get to incredibly cool stuff like Ailerons or Stygium Array or Full Throttle .

The rebels cannot do these things "well enough", unless you'd be willing to cede that evade tokens are shield regen done "well enough". After all, they're both still just canceling damage.

also A-wing v TIE interceptor, the A can arc-dodge but it's not as good (can't boost into a roll) and it is a vastly inferior combat arc-dodger because it's only 2 dice. It's a **** good blocker, though.

Edited by ficklegreendice

5 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

One thing I like about 2.0 is that the imperials seem to be getting a much stronger faction identity through ship specific abilities

For example, the TIE advance seems a shittier X-wing right?

But, what if it's cheaper than the X (it should be)? Then we get a ship that's actually better (more efficient) than the X if played well (i.e you get your ATC working) and a worse ship if not played well (you do not get your ATC working). That's a stark difference from just the all around good x-wing, because you have a ship that scales directly with how well you are able to leverage your special ability.

And that's just the most basic example. For more concrete stuff, you'd have to get to incredibly cool stuff like Ailerons or Stygium Array or Full Throttle .

The rebels cannot do these things "well enough", unless you'd be willing to cede that evade tokens are shield regen done "well enough". After all, they're both still just canceling damage.

We'll see. A lot depends on the slots and available upgrades. I wonder if the selection of systems get better, because as of now, i'd take an astroslot every time over a system slot. 

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

also A-wing v TIE interceptor, the A can arc-dodge but it's not as good (can't boost into a roll) and it is a vastly inferior combat arc-dodger because it's only 2 dice. It's a **** good blocker, though.

I'm not expecting R2-D2 or Miranda levels of regen. I'd be fine with something worse.

Miranda and R2-D2 are pretty pale shadows these days, one is 3 shields per game and you're not attacking that round (since you're not a Gunboat and can laugh off a disarm token or two with the right setup), and the other is only ever 1 shield at a time, and you have to waste a primary attack to do it (because >1 die). So be careful what you wish for. 

You're right though, the upgrade space is such an unknown right now. 

41 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Rebel bias is having 3 initiative 6 ships, while the others have 2.

Sounds... Great

We haven't seen all the Imperial and Scum cards yet. 

There's an outside chance we get an I6 Vult Skerris on the Defender. 

But yeah, if we get the full Imperial kit and they're still an I6 short, I will begrudgingly agree with you. 

Just now, GuacCousteau said:

We haven't seen all the Imperial and Scum cards yet. 

There's an outside chance we get an I6 Vult Skerris on the Defender. 

But yeah, if we get the full Imperial kit and they're still an I6 short, I will begrudgingly agree with you. 

What are the chances of a random, almost no-name pilot (who was owned by an I5 pilot in his only appearance)  becoming I6? Especially when TBC was downgraded.

That's pretty much a proof of nobody new becoming I6. I'm not saying it is definitely impossible, but the chances are very very low. What I am saying, it is more reasonable to believe that FFG will give rebels 3 I6 pilots, than to create new ones for each faction, based on their past actions, and the removal of an I6 pilot from the scum faction.

I would love it if you were right. Trust me. An I6 defender pilot with THAT chassis, is pretty much everything I want. But you won't be. Because FFG is clearly biased. Anyone still holding to the notion that is not true, need not look further.

35 minutes ago, WickedGrey said:

Crap balance happens. TIE swarms, whisper, palp, quickdraw, x7 defenders... Yep, only Rebel bias here.  /rolleyes

While crap balance does happen to all factions let's say equally, corrective actions do not. 

IMO FFG has been way more conservative in nerfing problem cards of Rebels than they have been in nerfing the other 2 factions. 

34 minutes ago, WickedGrey said:

I say this as basically an Imperial-only player ('cept those sweet Starvipers), but this thread is an

imperial-bottles-full-res.png

SaltIntake.png

site_1344_0004-750-0-20151104120642.jpg

Crap balance happens. TIE swarms, whisper, palp, quickdraw, x7 defenders... Yep, only Rebel bias here.  /rolleyes

Not every successful list is a problem. 

Plus, you know. Any arc locked ship offers loads more counterplay than the worse turret in the game, so they are not even on the same level. 

Already posted this in the rebel kit reveal, but idk Rebels seem incredibly dull atm.

At least two gunner upgrades (Bistan and Hotshot) seem needlessly hamstrung to being turret only, neither the K nor the ARC got anything special, and imo none of the crew really stand out like Vader or the Inquisitor do.

Gotta say I'm thoroughly unimpressed and a little disappointed by the Rebel leaks. Imperial bias!

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Already posted this in the rebel kit reveal, but idk Rebels seem incredibly dull atm.

At least two gunner upgrades (Bistan and Hotshot) seem needlessly hamstrung to being turret only, neither the K nor the ARC got anything special, and imo none of the crew really stand out like Vader or the Inquisitor do.

Gotta say I'm thoroughly unimpressed and a little disappointed by the Rebel leaks. Imperial bias!

On the other hand, if you like flying the freighters, Rebels look quite exciting. The YT-1300 is the only large ship with boost, all unique pilits look fun (and different) to fly, the YT-2400 looks solid as well and the Ghost also promises an interesting playstyle with the docked shuttles. 

Personally, I'm really hyped about Rebels, as I really look forward to putting both Dash and Leebo on the table (the YT-2400 is one of my favorite Star Wars ships thanks to the Saga Edition RPG) as well as the new Luke. 

So rebels are the freighter faction?

Freighter bias!

...oh wait, that just about covers every star wars protagonist

On a more serious note, we could've done better in Rebels than just turrets. Really curious why they felt the need to limit certain upgrades that don't involve double tapping the same target (like Han would be OP on anything if he didn't have his turret and "that you haven't fired from" restriction)

So vet turret gunner, Ezra, and Han I completely understand (and agree). Bistan and Hotshot, I ain't got a clue 

By contrast, Vader crew works out of any type of firing arc 

Edited by ficklegreendice

5 hours ago, Rat of Vengence said:

Not at all, and I'm not even trying to stop you voicing it. It's not like you're PGS or anything. But I do wonder why you play if you find it so unbalanced against your preferred factions.

Image result for star wars but why gif

Life not being fair, doesn't make me wanna go kill myself. 

The game not being balanced, doesn't make me wanna stop. I just wish it was different.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:16 AM, beardxofxdeath said:

Rebel bias is: All the contents of the conversion kit for rebels spoiled. And the glorious empire and the notorious scum get the shaft again.

Isn't Imperials getting shafted what star wars is about?
7cxk.gif

I say this firmly tongue-in-cheek as an avid Imperial player.

2 hours ago, Tvboy said:

So what happened to Rebel Bias? 

Yeah they're in a really tough spot right now. It's pretty much the X-Wings carrying the faction now, with some help from the HWK and U-Wings. Time will tell for the Y-Wings, but everything else (especially the flying fortresses and faction-locked crew options) are stupid overcosted and not particularly strong for what you're paying. Just seems kind of meh.