hemblecreations

HembleCreations - Painting, Converions and Scenery

1 hour ago, blakeh1 said:

Excellent work

Cool to see you working with the Legion stuff. I remember all the Bandai 1/12 ones you had on the RPF

Thanks heaps Buddy, yeah these figures are great for dio's as I've already done two and need to get them up on the RPF plus all the 1:12 stuff I have done as well.

Hi All,

It's been a while but finally got something to show.

I have been asked by a friend to do some shortrooper's for Star Wars Legion and some scenery using the Battle Kiwi's satellite and Imperial landing pad.

He gave me the SW Legion core set and three boxes of the SW Legion scout troopers to make them. He's not fussed if they aren't movie accurate so here is a Shoretrooper Sergeant I have been doing.

I still need to weather the armour a little more but other then that his done.

I used a scoutrooper head and removed the visor section and added plastic card to the sides and top. The top half of the legs are from a rebel soldier, the lower legs are from a stormtrooper as is the body and arms and the Karma is a dried out baby wipe painted black and glued on.

Ron

hK0n8NG.jpg

HLog6oW.jpg

XktoXDQ.jpg

Hi All,

It's been a while since I have done any SW Legion stuff due to surgery and doing commission's for people.

I want to make a few DS EPIV diorama's and some Tatooine diorama's and was wonder if there is anyone out there making normal Stormtroopers in walking, attention poses.

Also is there any Sandtrooper figures out there at all.

Cheers

Ron

Hi All,

I can't take the credit for painting the Death trooper white, I saw Herman Guerrero on the Bandai Star Wars FB paint his 1:12 Death trooper white a few years back and loved it so I did a 1:12 one as well. Once I had finished I needed a name for him so I called it a Ghost trooper and the name has stuck ever since.

Ghost Trooper 1:28mm

Recipe.

Troopers - are from Fantasy Flight Games SW Legion game and I built them straight out of the box and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

Base - is a base from the SW Legion Scout trooper speeder bike set and the cliff face back section is foam and the front is a rock mould from Woodland Scenics.

once the rock mould was secured I used spakfilla on both sides and blended it in with the mould. The sand is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla and applied and once dry the base was painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

3fx5O05.jpg

g3jlpz1.jpg

q3eQCCU.jpg

ZEMBRKZ.jpg

vQz4FT1.jpg

OdPBX2q.jpg

bJ8ywGc.jpg

rofoShH.jpg

xVtpBf9.jpg

ifirUfg.jpg

Posted (edited)
Hi All,
I had a spare Deathtrooper so I decided to make a small Scarif dio with it as I used the other three on a dio and just waiting for the water to dry.
Deathtrooper Squad Leader 28mm
Recipe.
Figure - is from FFG SW Legion Deathtrooper set and was built straight out of the box. I used Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks to paint and weather him and a gloss finish on the armour.
Base - is high density foam and the sand is a mix of sand and spakfilla and once dry was painted with Vallejo's Iraqui Sand. The bush clumps I picked up from my local gamimg shop and the grass tufts are from Army Painter.
The larger bushes are from Woodland Scenics is their light green foliage and the palm tree I got of ebay which I got 20 for $10 and the palm tree was painted using Vallejo Paints.

lCRCtKB.jpg
uztey3m.jpg
2eepexc.jpg
fZeJwes.jpg
YRC9kKR.jpg
3sikhp5.jpg
dL6CtBa.jpg
JF9fwUj.jpg
Edited by hemblecreations

Hi All,

Deathtroopers, Battle of Scarif 28mm.

Recipe.

Troopers - are from Fantasy Flight Games and are the last three from the 6 pack set. I swapped over the arms on the trooper in the water and the trooper kneeling and they were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks and I used a gloss finish on the armour.

Base - is foam board and the sand is a mix of fine sand and spakfilla and once dry it was painted using Vallejo's Vallejo's Iraqui Sand.

The larger bushes are from Woodland Scenics which is their light green foliage and the palm tree I got of ebay which I got 20 for $10 and the palm tree was painted using Vallejo Paints. The bush clumps I picked up from my local gaming shop and the grass tufts are from Army Painter.

The water is done using Woodland Scenics Realistic Water with two small drops of Vallejo's Light Blue added and mixed and then poured and left for 24hrs to dry.

dg0moEY.jpg

SCPF06w.jpg

Qz0eTOR.jpg

lEq9kNE.jpg

hV7px7Z.jpg

iP26uBP.jpg

hLMIFXn.jpg

AqnMYX4.jpg

v8XsGyO.jpg

UsQBG5F.jpg

Hi All,

New 28mm SW dio started and this will be called "Survivors of Endor"

As per the pics so far it will depict two Scout troopers on Endor years after the battle. They have set up camp in an old knocked out AT-ST.

They won't have a lot of power so the power they do have is used on the short range comms relay hoping that a Imperial vessel will pick up the signal. I have also got them using spears as their blasters have been depleted of power.

The figures are from FFG SW Legion Scout trooper box set and I have replaced the helmets and arms with body parts from Airfix 1:48 RAAF ground crew and the AT-ST is the old AMT kit and the tree's are from the local bushland.

cj3Z7xR.jpg

cf2FrTO.jpg

ZkUAxg1.jpg

1ksL9hR.jpg

Hi All,

More work done to the Survivors of Endor dio today.

I added branches using Woodland Scenics tree armatures and cut them down to the length I wanted. I then drilled holes in the branch and secured the armatures with superglue.

I then painted the armatures with a Vallejo's Blue Grey Pale paint and once dry gave them a wash with Vallejo's Medium Brown.

When the wash was dry I then used Woodland Scenics Fine leaf foliage (Olive Green) and pulled apart a few pieces and then glued them to the Armatures.

The ground work has been done by blending dry leaves, thin twigs, lichen moss, fine sand and static grass in a blender and then applying it to the base using PVA glue.

Next will be applying several layers of Vallejo's Chocolate brown to the ground work to give it a forest/rich mulched soil look to it.

1fiHcZI.jpg

Uvo0tPr.jpg

a5IuR4u.jpg

wymAqT0.jpg

0eLzpj5.jpg

maRV69X.jpg

ZaQcanx.jpg

Hi All,

More work done to the Survivors of Endor dio last night.

I added the Vallejo Chocolate Brown washes to the ground work and then added the foliage using bush clumps from my local gaming shop, grass tufts from Army Painter, vines from MIG/Ammo and tall thin plants using cut paper which were painted and then Olive Green Fine leaf foliage from Woodland Scenics.

The simple spiked barricade was done using the thin branches that were left over from the Woodland Scenics Fine leaf foliage which were sharpened by using a model knife.  The rust and worn look on the AT-ST was done using pastel chalks, Vallejo's rust and corrosion pigments and a led pencil.

HZDgAIP.jpg

McNLne6.jpg

EwIzgLY.jpg

9KgcjMM.jpg

B7ApkdS.jpg

Pz8jyeS.jpg

1LHVIiC.jpg

Fxpdj77.jpg

c20wgST.jpg

Posted (edited)

That diorama is shaping up beautifully.

Unfortunately your original posts at the start of the thread have all the image links broken.

Edited by aniron

8 hours ago, aniron said:

That diorama is shaping up beautifully.

Unfortunately your original posts at the start of the thread have all the image links broken.

Cheers mate and thanks for letting me know about the older pics I'll fix them up today.

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

Survivors of Endor - 1:48 scale

Recipe.

Scout Troopers - are from SW Legion and I used arms and heads from Airfix's 1:48 scale RAF ground crew set and the spears are from some 28mm spearmen I have had in the parts box for some years.

The hair and beards were done using putty and I painted and weathered them using Vallejo Paints and Pastel chalks.

Base - is high density foam and the AT-ST is an old AMT kit, the tree trunks I picked up from the local bushland and the branches/leaves are from Woodland Scenics Fine Foliage range is the Olive Green set.

The ground work has been done by blending dry leaves, thin twigs, lichen moss, fine sand and static grass in a blender and then applying it to the base using PVA glue.

I added the Vallejo Chocolate Brown washes to the ground work and then added the foliage using bush clumps from my local gaming shop, grass tufts from Army Painter, vines from MIG/Ammo and tall thin plants using cut paper which were painted and then Olive Green Fine leaf foliage from Woodland Scenics.

The simple spiked barricade was done using the thin branches that were left over from the Woodland Scenics Fine leaf foliage set which were sharpened by using a model knife. The rust and worn look on the AT-ST was done using pastel chalks, Vallejo's rust and corrosion pigments and a led pencil.

The tarps are done using tissue paper and the rocks holding the tarps down and the rocks for the fire place is kitty litter which has been painted and weathered.

The boxes are from SW Legion and the two smaller containers are from the 1:48 Airfix RAF Ground crew set and the small comms array is a mix of parts from the parts box.

C4xAnmR.jpg

qFsppwi.jpg

LzTYFPm.jpg

vaBKu0R.jpg

kBVLGhI.jpg

gKuheq1.jpg

pxQ0ydt.jpg

N1qK7cx.jpg

EyrSu7L.jpg

2eRR96s.jpg

5gvYzSe.jpg

gJOUcwO.jpg