Marauder1983

Cross game campaign

Hello Armada community!

I am working with some of the local players here in Colorado Springs to build a cross game campaign with a thematic focus. We are using Armada, X-Wing, and Legion. I was hoping that I could get some feed back on the rough draft I am working on. 

Thank you for your insights. 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3YzPuGFkb-Ub1dZU0xmVGNweFBmcXlidlEwUFoydFVZWUZV/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

let me know if the link does not work. 

Actually, this isn't half bad.  I might use some material here as the basis for my own mixed game campaign.  I'll be using Armada, Xwing, Imperial Assault, and Force and Destiny RPG.  Everything is based around the RPG, but all the major space battles and land engagements will be covered.  I may even add in Legion at some point when I finish my Xwing and Imperial Assault collections.

I particularly like the tables for disabled vs destroyed and events.

Edited by Woobyluv

Task force makeup -

2x Mc80 Liberties

1x Mc80 Star Cruiser

Star Cruiser is a Liberty retrofit. You mean they get 2 Battle Cruisers and a Star Cruiser? Or do they get a MC80 Home One Class in there somewhere?

The mc 80 Star cruise is supposed to be the home one.  I just don’t want them to think that home one was in their fleet. 

But it I see what you meAn. Good catch. Thank you. 

I will I’ll change it to 

2 x Star cruisers

1 x command cruiser

Edited by Marauder1983

2 minutes ago, Marauder1983 said:

The mc 80 Star cruise is supposed to be the home one.  I just don’t want them to think that home one was in their fleet. 

But it I see what you meAn. Good catch. Thank you. 

Yeah, be better to say:

2x MC80 Battle/Star Cruiser

1x MC80 Assault/Command Cruiser

... at least until such time as one of them gets a Chimaera treatment and you have to list 4 variants ?

I am going to dictate the type of ship and the specific type for a few reasons. 

1. With the Victory class SD the type 2 didn’t come in till late in the galactic civil war and it was in limited numbers. Same with the imperial 2

2.  I couldn’t see the rebellion farming out assault cruisers to an outer rim nebula so it made sense to use star cruisers. 

3. I am a control freak and I like telling people what they can and can’t have. Insert evil laugh here. 

We are actually half-way through playing a campaign we've dubbed "The Most Epic Star Wars Battle".

+Firstly choose sides, Rebels or Imperials. You are that faction for the rest of the most epic campaign.

+The first round it's a game off Rebellion, normal rules except whatever heroes/hero rings (C3PO/R2/K2SO) you finish the game with win or lose is the ONLY unique characters you have for the rest of the campaign (otherwise generics only). Captured rebel characters are considered defeated. So you end up choosing characters like Fel and Wedge as they are important later in the space battles.

Next is a game of Armada but using only the ships in Rebellion (including the expansion) showcasing the final planetary battle above the Rebel base.

Rebels get Mon Cal Cruiser, Nebulons, CR90s, Transports and X/Y-wings. And any officers/Commander that you had left at the end of Rebellion. Optional Falcon if you have Han/Chewie/Lando.

Empire gets ISDs, Interdictors, Gozantis, TIE Fighters only. And any officers/Commander that you had left at the end of Rebellion. Optional Slave One if you have Boba. TIE Interceptor if you have Fel. TIE Advanced if you have Vader.

+Next is a 200 point epic game of X-wing again using only ships and pilots/unique crew from Rebellion heroes pool that you finished with. You can field multiple epic ships and there is no limit on amount of a same type of fighter you can bring. This represents the final dogfight in the space battle above the Rebel base.

Rebels get U/Y/X-Wings, CR90 and Rebel transport. Optional Falcon if you have Han/Chewie/Lando.

Empire gets TIE Fighters/Strikers and the Gozanti. Optional Slave One if you have Boba,  TIE Interceptor if you have Fel. TIE Advanced if you have Vader.

+Finally it's a standard 200 point game of of Star Wars Miniatures (the old WOTC one), you could swap in Legion or Imperial Assault but WOTC miniatures actually has a character/piece for every single Rebellion board game hero where the FFG games currently do not. Again the rule of only using what's in Rebellion and surviving heroes applies here. 

Rebels get Snowspeedeers (including Luke and Wedge), Rebel Captain, Rebel Heavy Trooper, Rebel Vanguard, Elite Rebel Trooper and Rebel Trooper as well as any of the versions of the remaining unique characters.

Imperials get AT-STs (any type), any Stormtrooper variation, and any of the versions of the remaining unique characters

At the end it's the most overall victories wins, if there is a tie then the final ground battle's victory decides who wins. 

It's a lot of fun as has quite a different squad-building feel to it, also makes protecting your heroes each game much more important as that is what carries over between each game.

Edited by GILLIES291