Sign in to follow this  
Scum4Life

Droid Pilot only upgrades.

This is something we could have akin to how force users get force upgrades in addition to / instead of talents.

We have about 10 force using pilots. VADER, LUKE, GENERIC INQUISTORS, GRAND INQUISITORS, ASSAJ, maybe KYLE KATARN, KANAN, AHSOKA, EZRA

Let me know I'd if missed any.

But we also have four IG-88's, AP-5, 4-LOM, GURI, maybe DALAN OBEROS (CYBORB, in Kimogila)

I've probably missed some too.

So could we get upgrades based on Calculate action. As there are almost as many pilots?

If so what might they be. Probably not gain two calculate as that the ig advanced droid brain, but perhaps you may perform a calculate action if target locking a ship in your bullseye?

You may remove one stress and skip the perform action step.

You may spend a calculate to acquire a target lock on ship in arc at range 2-3?

As calculate is a nerfed focus, and they've mentioned it as a design space I hope we do get a droid only upgrade.

And by not having it as a talent it can be used by low ps pilots like AP-5 or maybe K2-SO if he is released.

Bullseye Targeting Computer: When attacking, if the defender is in your bullseye arc, you may spend Calculate tokens as if they were Focus tokens (or maybe as if they were two Calculate tokens?).

Maneuvering Sub-processor: At the end of the engagement phase, you may spend 1 Calculate token to perform a Boost or Barrel roll if that action is on your action bar.

Calculated Spread: When attacking, if two or more enemy ships are within your firing arc and are within range 1 of each other ship, you may spend a Calculate token to attack each of the ships. Roll one less attack die than normal for each ship attacked. (Wording is messy, probably too complicated.)

Recycling Re-processor: At the start of the engagement phase, you may spend a Calculate token and receive a stress token to take either an Evade or Lock action.

So many good ideas here.

I like the the idea of spending calculate tokens at the end of the engagement phase to take an action.

Thematically it's like they have spent the movement and engagement phase calculating how perform the action. If it's cheap it should cost a stress if it's priced higher perhaps not.

I also liked overlooked processor, that seems like a fun mechanic to manage while flying, something you can recharge if you get out of combat.

Calculated assault is what I was expecting the calculate action to be, based on 1E calculate EPT, and new Talent working in bullseye arcs.

So that's a good one that should be cheap.

Targeting protocols seems fair too, it's like equipping 1e Weapon Guidance. It would make calculate strong but not if you rolled focus and blank.

What about

Evasive Calculations

You may spend a calculate token as an evade token if the attacker is in your bullseye arc.

There really are loads of things the designers could do here.

I loved seeing all the ideas too.

3 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

You would think that something overclocked would assign a stress.  

What about, when this card has zero charges receive one stress? So you can overclock once stress free but do it twice and your stressed. Or onverclock once and then "underclock" by spending a calculate token at the end of the engagement phase to get the charge back.

It looks like the imperial conversion kit has a calculate token.

I can't think of any droid pilots in the Empire so I imagine that will be a droid crew that provides a calculate action.

1 minute ago, NoZone said:

It looks like the imperial conversion kit has a calculate token.

I can't think of any droid pilots in the Empire so I imagine that will be a droid crew that provides a calculate action.

I can see a crew that provides a free red calculate action, or a calculate token in certain circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Incard said:

Mouse Droid, TIE Defender Pilot. 

What about Tie Droids?

I know we can't 'convert' them but maybe that could be a thing

Or have a crew allowing a ship to performance free calculate that can pass it to any ship in range 0-2 at the start of the engagement phase.

Lets call it "Tactical Droid" I know we are trying to get away from token stacking but, calculate isn't so bad an can't be kept. This is like a weaker, range restricted, time restricted Palpatine.

And still in keeping with helping aces or even Swarms (perhaps the best placed ship gets given the calculate action)

I love this idea on any of the great shuttles the Empire has so many of.

6 minutes ago, Incard said:

Yes, I think maybe a Security Droid crew is possible, like K-2SO's non-liberated brothers and sisters. 

K2 Security Droid

At the start of engagement phase if you are not stressed you may place a calculate token on ship at range 0-2

A cyborg character like Cylo or Karbin could show up as crew I suppose.

Seventh Sister's droids, Assassin Droids, or Imperial Probe Droids could also work as upgrade.