Sign in to follow this  
Seastan

Roam Across Rhovanion

24 minutes ago, Seastan said:

Lets keep in mind how spoiled we've been with articles lately the next time an article drought occurs, shall we?

Hear, Hear! Funny that it was announced so shortly after being leaked, though. :P

Meneldor looking top-tier in a mono-tactics deck.

I see Meneldor in my Beorn, Theodred, Hirgon Eagle deck. He has Sneak Attack written all over it. Placing 2 and 2 progress and questing for 2 is a great deal. More so if you play him again from hand next round (or with Hirgon).

I am so excited about the player cards in this cycle. I am just a bit worried that Dale is getting almost too much. It may be beyond Outlands level by pack no. 2. But I like them more so far, they feel fresh with a new play-style. The unique warrior can be another great deal with King of Dale, potentially costing less than the attachment (like Raiment of War) you attach to him.

Excited to see Woodmen. Not sure if they can get so much support, but it is a clever idea. Another way to draw cards with Haldan. And you get this new Woodmen's Path, you add Ancient Mathom and Elf-stone and you are almost set. It has been a while since I played Mathom or Stone, time to brush up.

I would like to see Flight of the Eagles having the Eagle trait. They are a bit afraid of it, maybe. I am yet to try the encounter player cards. I think Flight to the Sea is much better than the ranger (also because it has a bonus shadow effect and no surge). Eagle of the North may be great, but its when revealed is likely to be wasted often, I feel.

Edited by Fingolfin Fate

Well, I also get the idea. But of course, I am not sure.

As for the Eagles are Coming, we only got a single new card to work with, though I feel Meneldor is worth three copies in a deck despite being unique, his ability is just so good.

New woodsman hero and location attachment look awesome.  1 progress token to explore a location, that’s pretty powerful right there.  

Eagle and the Leadership ally both look pretty strong, not likely going in the same deck though.

Haven't had more than 1 eagle card since Mirkwood cycle. Now we have 3 in one pack. Would make sense to revisit the earliest archetypes in the last cycle (to me)

I think meneldor should cost the same or more than descendent of Thorondor. Progression rare in tactics sphere.

People, we have no strong reason to think that this is the last cycle. Could be, for all I know, but none of the arguments posed here actually support that. A proper Rhovanion cycle with drakes, dragon-hoards and woodmen was long due to appear and should've appeared years ago. No reason to think this is the last cycle yet.

1 hour ago, TacticsLandroval said:

Haven't had more than 1 eagle card since Mirkwood cycle. Now we have 3 in one pack.

Also noteworthy I think is the fact that they are also creatures. And we all know who likes creatures...

1 hour ago, John Constantine said:

Eagle is unique, so his cost is ok.

Also, I can already hear all the cursing regarding those encounter eagles getting discarded as shadow effects.

That’ll be me!

Also - does Woodman's path breathe any new life into Lorien Guide (that is - guaranteed explore active location in 1 turn, regardless of questpoints or even succeeding while questing)? Or does the 3-cost still make it a less-than-ideal option?

I could see a use for it in 4-player games to counter location lock, especially if you have attachment recursion for Woodman's path.

Descendant is a bit costly like many early cards. But he is not unique, and can still be a great card, especially with Sneak, Gwaihir (or Sneaky Gwaihir), Hirgon. Meneldor is unique, and I had been asking for him, costing 3 actually, as we had been missing a 3-cost Eagle. However, the ability has surpassed what I had been hoping for. Suddenly Tactics got an amazing location control (actually they had Arod before, but this is a different league).