Jump to content
Jadotch

YT-2400 2.0 the new Jumpmaster?

Recommended Posts

So ... what we know of these new cards put the YT-2400 on the top tier, I would say even more so than the 1.0 version. (Yes everything is point dependent.)

The YT-2400 is my favorite ship in the Star Wars universe since Shadows of the Empire.

In 1.0 Dash & the Outrider was a power house, but had the donut weakness, and was usually the bottom of the top tier meta.

Now, with 2.0, with the old title blended with the card, the YT-2400 is pretty good without the pilot or the title.

This leads me to believe, if the 1.0 point system is anything near (ship+title +hlc) , that you pretty much can run duel Outriders.

This was never a problem in 1.0 because the title was unique. 

I am really concerned how FFG will tackle this. Make the wild space fringer over 100 points? Don’t give it slots that Dash and the unique pilots have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 major things

1) Lack of doubleaction economy, it has no linked actions whatsoever, has no boost, and roll is red. Its nowhere near as nimble as a result.

2) WE DONT KNOW THE COSTS!!!!!

Virtually every complaint or worry about 2.0 reveals so far can be completely shut down by having it priced a certain way. And we know nothing abotu costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

So what is your point then?

100 + points for a non unique pilot is just silly though. Especially raising the price for the non uniques, it does not make sense.

 

Edited by Jadotch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jadotch said:

100 + points for a non unique pilot is just silly though.

Not when it's this one.

Don't forget, Dash with JUST Outrider and HLC currently costs 48 points.  This is WAY better than Outrider/HLC if translated into 1e terms - i.e. porting across the '3 dice at range 1' element.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

It’s a 360 turret with Luke on board. 

Luke is unique, so only one member of a double outrider list can upgrade him. And it will be low PS and may not even have enough point to include Luke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess: Wild Space Fringer will be something like 85-90 points, and double YT-2400 will be viable but not amazing.  Double Falcon and Double Ghost have both seen some play, sometimes done quite well, but never too frequently, so it suggests stronger players more than strong lists to me.  With, say, the 2E equivalent of Recon Specialist, and potentially Expert Handling making the BR White, I think it'd be an OK list, but not an unbeatable one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hobojebus said:

Oh **** it now this is the third thread I need to ***** about turrets in.

Turrets are cancer!!!

360 turrets are a cancer on this fair city! They are the cancer and I am the…uh…what cures cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind, 1.0 Dash has a lot going for him. The first SuperDash was Kyle Katarn, PtL, Engine, so he could boost, barrel roll, and focus. Then there was Kanan, which equated to Dash being very tough to block, and much more often being able to use his double actions for double mods. Then you get the Rey + Lone Wolf variant, with passive offensive and defensive rerolls and a focus banked. 

2.0 Dash is comparatively much weaker. For one, his ability only applies while moving, which sounds to me like he will be much more restricted with repositioning. He also has a red barrel roll, and no linked actions; so his ability to arc dodge is going to be very dependent on what he dials in; and he can’t get triple action economy. And he’s also a mobile arc, not a turret. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The generics will be less crap than before, but not as good as you think. In 2015 I was considering running two Wild Space Fringers with HLC at Regionals. That’s pretty similar to the current 2400 statline...in 1e you only get four dice out the front, but you also always have the turret, so it’s fairly even. 4 dice, no blind spot. And they were trash. They were super inefficient; there’s a reason you never saw that build out. 

That’s at 37 points. If the new Fringer is priced around there (74 points), I see it as something that you could use if you’re good with them. You’d have to kite along the board edge and make liberal use of the side arc, but even then your damage will be low because of the Range 3 bonus. At 65 points, I could see them being pretty solidly competitive. Less than that would be worrying, but also unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

Keep in mind, 1.0 Dash has a lot going for him. The first SuperDash was Kyle Katarn, PtL, Engine, so he could boost, barrel roll, and focus. Then there was Kanan, which equated to Dash being very tough to block, and much more often being able to use his double actions for double mods. Then you get the Rey + Lone Wolf variant, with passive offensive and defensive rerolls and a focus banked. 

2.0 Dash is comparatively much weaker. For one, his ability only applies while moving, which sounds to me like he will be much more restricted with repositioning. He also has a red barrel roll, and no linked actions; so his ability to arc dodge is going to be very dependent on what he dials in; and he can’t get triple action economy. And he’s also a mobile arc, not a turret. 

 

Yeah, in 1.0 if Dash cannot use Lone Wolf and Rey, his effectiveness would drop to pathetic levels (seen that first hand).

I'm curious what crews and upgrades there will be, but without these super strong passive modifiers he'll be very weak compared to 1.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

The generics will be less crap than before, but not as good as you think. In 2015 I was considering running two Wild Space Fringers with HLC at Regionals. That’s pretty similar to the current 2400 statline...in 1e you only get four dice out the front, but you also always have the turret, so it’s fairly even. 4 dice, no blind spot. And they were trash. They were super inefficient; there’s a reason you never saw that build out. 

That’s at 37 points. If the new Fringer is priced around there (74 points), I see it as something that you could use if you’re good with them. You’d have to kite along the board edge and make liberal use of the side arc, but even then your damage will be low because of the Range 3 bonus. At 65 points, I could see them being pretty solidly competitive. Less than that would be worrying, but also unlikely. 

Your mistake was putting HLC on 2 of them.

Now 1 with HLC and 2 with Tractor Beam, that’s where the fun’s at. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...