Boom Owl

HWK-290s Seem Good

latest?cb=20140916055634

71930.jpg

hbBsYVl.png

tiNpb1r.png

SMnfpzy.png

latest?cb=20071104103157

180 Degree Arc if you want it with 2 hard turns and a red stop? 

And you can Focus or Target Lock Rotate?

Boost to?

Probably a crew spot?

Oh and it can Jam? If you havent been Jammed before its super good in a game where action choices and green tokens matter. Jam is incredible.

This is gud.

Its a Hwk-290

And I Just said this is gud.

What year is it? 1997? 

X-Wing 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Boom Owl

23 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

He will be, I am sure of it.

18 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

I'm quite pleased with the changes to the HWK. Me and the Moldy Crow are gonna be good buddies in 2.0. Looking forward to seeing how Kyle works out, and my Scum HWKs look diabolical as usual.

when we first heard of the force mechanic I thought Kyle might get something like what we now know Palpatine's ability is. Not sure what they'll do with his ability. I feel like Roark's ability might change too.

18 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

when we first heard of the force mechanic I thought Kyle might get something like what we now know Palpatine's ability is. Not sure what they'll do with his ability. I feel like Roark's ability might change too.

I feel like they said somewhere Roark hands out Ini7

53 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

I'm keen to see the other pilots abilities and whether Kyle's is force related.

If Kyle ain’t got a force power then I have no idea what they are thinking on dishing out force powers, he should be atleast 2 points I recon...

Moldy Crow is a good upgrade.  A PW of 3 and that dial actually make the HWK a half-decent fighter.  

Question is that when you obtain your forward arc 3 attack, do you still keep the 2 dice turret attack?  Or does one replace the other?

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

38 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Yeah, with Palp in the picture, I'm not sure what a Force version of Kyle's ability is. And if Benthic Two-Tubes's ability in the U-Wing doesn't change in 2.0, Kyle's usual niche seems filled.

I'm actually not too sure Kyle will get Force abilities, due to Corran Horn and I believe Maarek Stele not having the Force from what we've seen. I'd like for Kyle to a Force themed ability, but I don't think we'll get one.

7 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

Moldy Crow is a good upgrade.  A PW of 3 and that dial actually make the HWK a half-decent fighter.  

Question is that when you obtain your forward arc 3 attack, do you still keep the 2 dice turret attack?  Or does one replace the other?

My interpretation of it is you add the 3 att primary arc to your chassis in addition to your 2 att mobile arc, like how the Lancer has both a Primary arc and a separate mobile arc on its card.

IMG_0981.JPG

9 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Yeah, with Palp in the picture, I'm not sure what a Force version of Kyle's ability is. And if Benthic Two-Tubes's ability in the U-Wing doesn't change in 2.0, Kyle's usual niche seems filled.

I'm actually not too sure Kyle will get Force abilities, due to Corran Horn and I believe Maarek Stele not having the Force from what we've seen. I'd like for Kyle to a Force themed ability, but I don't think we'll get one.

Yeah that's true.

At least we know that Jan is in the game which means Kyle has to be too, even if we have no idea what his ability will be.

Maybe something like "Spend a force token at Phase X to allow a friendly ship at range X to perform a focus action/receive a focus token."?

Edited by BVRCH

3 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

Yeah that's true.

At least we know that Jan is in the game which means Kyle has to be too, even if we have no idea what his ability will be.

Maybe something like "Spend a force token at Phase X to allow a friendly ship at range X to perform a focus action/receive a focus token."?

Possibly. I don’t think that would tread on Palp’s toes as his ability can be reactive and fuel other people’s force powers.

1 hour ago, SabineKey said:

My interpretation of it is you add the 3 att primary arc to your chassis in addition to your 2 att mobile arc, like how the Lancer has both a Primary arc and a separate mobile arc on its card.

IMG_0981.JPG

Good pick up.  Looking forward to getting the HWK back on the table!

4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

latest?cb=20140916055634

71930.jpg

hbBsYVl.png

tiNpb1r.png

SMnfpzy.png

latest?cb=20071104103157

180 Degree Arc if you want it with 2 hard turns and a red stop? 

And you can Focus or Target Lock Rotate?

Boost to?

Probably a crew spot?

Oh and it can Jam? If you havent been Jammed before its super good in a game where action choices and green tokens matter. Jam is incredible.

This is gud.

Its a Hwk-290

And I Just said this is gud.

What year is it? 1997? 

X-Wing 2.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This dude just wrote my new bible!

Seems there is a trend in that you need to have the ships in arc in order to be able to use your ability (Jan, Palob, Torkil, not Dace though) so maybe Kyle will have the same ability as before with possibly one of the following caveats:

1. At the start of the Engagement phase, you may choose 1 ship in your firing arc at range 0 - 2. If you do, you may assign one of your focus tokens to that ship. 

2. At the start of the Engagement phase, you may choose 1 ship within range 0 - 2 and spend 1 {force}. If you do, that ship may acquire a focus token.

Both work I think and both have a tactical and situational use. #1 means giving up one of your own focus tokens, which equipping the Moldy Crow and Perceptive Co-Pilot would remedy. #2 means giving up your one and only force token, which could have been spent on an equipped light side force ability such as sense or whatever else they have cooked up. 

Honestly, I would be happy with either.

What I want to see . . . is Roark. . Are Rebels going to have two means of attacking at Initiative 7 ??

4 hours ago, SabineKey said:

IMG_0981.JPG

Well yes, because the title doesn’t state anywhere that you lose your mobile arc...

2 hours ago, ForceM said:

Well, Corran Horn should also be force related, but he isn’t... so we can’t be sure!

If hes not a force user I wont really care.  Whatever is best for gameplay and balance is best. Force could be to good? Kyle as a force user could target lock, rotate, and modify a focus each turn if he can clear stress?