Jump to content
Boom Owl

Tie Strikers Seem Good

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Timathius said:

Yea the double reposition and bombs seem really strong. If there is an initiative 5/6 striker, thing is going to be a beast ESPECIALLY if it’s duchess and she keeps her current ability.

Right. Im very curious to see if they bump Sabaccs initiative like they did Guri!

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

It might be bad against LRS E-Wings, Vader, and any force using missile/ordinance ship that keeps a lock. Double modified attack dice are not gone. 

But im still feeling positive.

Two Words: COUNT DOWN

I'd be amazed if Glitterstim didn't survive in some form, too.

But still, even if the odd 4-dice missile is something we have to contend with:

1) You still have pretty good odds of either making one evade from 2 focused green dice, or one red dice coming up tilt, which makes a single 4-dice attack survivable

2) Without Harpoons, you're not losing such huge chunks of your squad to splash damage.

3) Whilst they may have nuked the lightweight fridge, it did previously cost points. That means the TIE/sk now doesn't spend those points, meaning we have more points to spend on....something else. Mines, maybe? If you can afford to mass-equip a swarm of them with proximity mines, your opponent could be looking at some very unpleasant choices.

59 minutes ago, Timathius said:

Yea the double reposition and bombs seem really strong. If there is an initiative 5/6 striker, thing is going to be a beast ESPECIALLY if it’s duchess and she keeps her current ability.

swz07_a1_cardfan.png

Duchess is indeed Initiative 5 and her ability is even better because stress no longer turns off your ailerons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

afford to mass-equip a swarm of them with proximity mines, your opponent could be looking at some very unpleasant choices.

Im actually kinda hoping that there will be an option to remove the Bomb upgrade and gain some other improvement in return. 

i.e. if you dont want to run bombs at all on the Striker you get a linked action of some kind. something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jo Jo said:

An Astromech? The FO has gone soft. The Empire didn't need an Astromech helping its pilots. 

Yeah, but have you seen the movies?  Those First Order clowns need all the help they can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I'd be amazed if Glitterstim didn't survive in some form, too.

But still, even if the odd 4-dice missile is something we have to contend with:

1) You still have pretty good odds of either making one evade from 2 focused green dice, or one red dice coming up tilt, which makes a single 4-dice attack survivable

2) Without Harpoons, you're not losing such huge chunks of your squad to splash damage.

3) Whilst they may have nuked the lightweight fridge, it did previously cost points. That means the TIE/sk now doesn't spend those points, meaning we have more points to spend on....something else. Mines, maybe? If you can afford to mass-equip a swarm of them with proximity mines, your opponent could be looking at some very unpleasant choices.

swz07_a1_cardfan.png

Duchess is indeed Initiative 5 and her ability is even better because stress no longer turns off your ailerons!

I wonder if TIEMk2 will still exist.  That on new Duchess will be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Yeah, but have you seen the movies?  Those First Order clowns need all the help they can get.

True. But the correct upgrade to choose for a TIE fighter is "another TIE fighter." :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I wonder if TIEMk2 will still exist.  That on new Duchess will be awesome.

A "Reduce The Difficulty Of A Maneuver" astromech (R4, I think?) still exists, so Twin Ion Engines MkII is definitely possible.

At the same time, the Twin Ion Engines card was largely introduced to give the TIE Defender some green banks, and it now has blue speed 1 banks as standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Lifelong loyal Scummy Villain self-employed entrepreneur: STILL want to run 5 (+!?) TIE Strikers.

They kept all the fun stuff that made me consider infidelity in 1.0! Also la bomba!?

power rangers rita repulsa gif

Yas! I am all about these zippy little bangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hobojebus said:

Down to two green with no lightning fromage upgrade to compensate makes me a little hesitant to call them good.

 

That's pretty much where I am. They're going to have to be cheeeeeeeeap for me to get excited about them. I'm not sure Adaptive Ailerons hilarity is enough to make up for being a third less durable than an X-Wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Im actually kinda hoping that there will be an option to remove the Bomb upgrade and gain some other improvement in return. 

i.e. if you dont want to run bombs at all on the Striker you get a linked action of some kind. something like that. 

It would be cool if they added Lightweight frame back in which took away all munitions and secondary weapon slots from your ship to gain either the current bonus of 2 + 1 OR as you said some linked action fun that likely deals with repositioning actions.

 

I'm also on the Striker hype train. I'm putting Countdown in every list I play leading up to 2E and probably a Reaper too. The first type of list I will try to put together will probably be Admiral Sloane in a Reaper + 3-4 Strikers. I think Sloane might be the sleeper hit with allowing a swarm to dish out stress and get huge benefits from it with rerolls on ANY stressed ship all without needing to stay in formation. Just stay in Sloane giant bubble of range 0-3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Striker was awesome in 1.0 and it got flatout buffed in 2.0.

Unless they made it expensive enough to no longer be a viable list-filler, you'll see it alot in 2.0. Once we got Sabaac i rarely DIDNT use the guy lol

also that FO interceptor is definitely striker-esk. Wouldnt be surprised if it gets the pre-move stuff too.

Edited by Vineheart01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

That's pretty much where I am. They're going to have to be cheeeeeeeeap for me to get excited about them. I'm not sure Adaptive Ailerons hilarity is enough to make up for being a third less durable than an X-Wing.

Well, it should be.

  • The Striker pilot we've seen is the Planetary Sentinel, who's Initiative 1 - the equivalent of the Imperial Trainee.
  • The Imperial Trainee is 17 points
  • We may no longer get lightweight frame, but we're no longer paying 2 points a ship for it, either.
  • In the new 200 point world, a 17 point ship should be 34 points if it was just doubled.
  • Supposedly, the difference in price between aces (especially force-capable aces) and generics is much more marked. If it is, and this represents a cost discount, there only needs to be a one point reduction - 1/2 a point in 1.0 terms - to allow us to field a swarm of 6 strikers. Fragile or not, that's a terrifying amount of firepower in a world where heavily modified 4-dice attacks are much rarer.

A pack of strikers with Rae Sloane gives you not just a sort of global rebel captive effect but also gives the strikers the attack rerolls they normally can't get. I don't know how much she'll cost but she should be every bit as priceless for a swarm as palpatine is for aces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RStan said:

It would be cool if they added Lightweight frame back in which took away all munitions and secondary weapon slots from your ship to gain either the current bonus of 2 + 1 OR as you said some linked action fun that likely deals with repositioning actions.

I'm also on the Striker hype train. I'm putting Countdown in every list I play leading up to 2E and probably a Reaper too. The first type of list I will try to put together will probably be Admiral Sloane in a Reaper + 3-4 Strikers. I think Sloane might be the sleeper hit with allowing a swarm to dish out stress and get huge benefits from it with rerolls on ANY stressed ship all without needing to stay in formation. Just stay in Sloane giant bubble of range 0-3. 

7UUVVQf.png

j0yEewI.png

Im thinking a reaper with these two could be decent. 

Wondering how far back that "if the ship" sentence goes. i.e. if I Barrel Roll with a striker that turn before the coordinate took place can my striker rotate 90 and take a focus from the coordinate? Probably not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boom Owl I don't really see investing into Ciena Ree unless the ships has both boost and barrel roll. I've been looking at Grand Inquisitor + Ciena Ree in Lambda in an aces type squad with Soontir and a Defender. Strikers naturally don't want to be stressed too which happens after that 90 degree turn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RStan said:

@Boom Owl I don't really see investing into Ciena Ree unless the ships has both boost and barrel roll. I've been looking at Grand Inquisitor + Ciena Ree in Lambda in an aces type squad with Soontir and a Defender. Strikers naturally don't want to be stressed too which happens after that 90 degree turn. 

True and the 1 bank 1 hard turn is basically a move and 90 degree rotation anyway?

Maybe there will be a 3rd crew that helps shed stress....gonna have to look at the Deci maybe. 

Really want to know if Yorr is back as is. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

True and the 1 bank 1 hard turn is basically a 90 degree rotation anyway?

Maybe there will be a 3rd crew that helps shed stress....gonna have to look at the Deci maybe. 

Really want to know if Yorr is back as is. 

I thought it was said that the Deci got knocked down to 2 crew. Can't recall where/when it was said so maybe wrong. Either way, if Yorr still exists with Ciena Ree....ho boy, be ready for Defenders that can turn around from potentially 3 different directions and still get their action. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

True. But the correct upgrade to choose for a TIE fighter is "another TIE fighter." :ph34r:

So, the FO TIE Striker will introduce a TIE slot?  Interesting design choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boom Owl said:

This.

People are scared of Luke Gunner and Dash/Han...just wait until they run up against a Defender with a token stack...

Defenders are terrifying in 2.0 even before they start rotating.

Triple Defenders CANNOT be a thing that exists. Double defenders sound scary enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest thing holding me back from TIE striker hype is that the conversion kit comes with only 3 dials. I bet I could trade or buy one off of somebody that buys two conversion kits, but I think I'm more likely to trade one of my 4 TIE striker models away for a Starwing or TIE aggressor, since I don't have either of those ships yet. This brings me down to a 3-ship flight group of TIE strikers, rather than a swarm, but I think it will be fun to find other craft that go well with them, instead of going all in on one ship type. The devs mentioned that Imperial ships are dialed in to specific roles, and I'm thinking that diversity within a squad will be really important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

The biggest thing holding me back from TIE striker hype is that the conversion kit comes with only 3 dials. I bet I could trade or buy one off of somebody that buys two conversion kits, but I think I'm more likely to trade one of my 4 TIE striker models away for a Starwing or TIE aggressor, since I don't have either of those ships yet. This brings me down to a 3-ship flight group of TIE strikers, rather than a swarm, but I think it will be fun to find other craft that go well with them, instead of going all in on one ship type. The devs mentioned that Imperial ships are dialed in to specific roles, and I'm thinking that diversity within a squad will be really important.

Im fully expecting to buy a conversion kit and then just buy a new Striker pack at some point. 

Content to run 1-3 Strikers + things until a new single pack gets released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

This.

People are scared of Luke Gunner and Dash/Han...just wait until they run up against a Defender with a token stack...

Defenders are terrifying in 2.0 even before they start rotating.

eh, good flying can counter defenders. blocking can counter defenders. bombs can counter defenders.

can't say the same for Luke Gunner

 

there's also Reaper jam that can really help out

 

 

Edited by ficklegreendice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RStan said:

Triple Defenders CANNOT be a thing that exists. Double defenders sound scary enough. 

There's even fluff on the card that says they're expensive so I'm betting the base model starts at 67/200.

2 Defenders w/support ship and/or a blocker(s) (like, say, a couple of low PS Strikers) could be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...