Jump to content
Boom Owl

Tie Strikers Seem Good

Recommended Posts

Pre-Movement Boost that doesn't spend an action. 

Built in Barrel Roll

3 Attack Dice

Bomb Upgrade

Focus or Evade Token

1 k Turn

1 hard turns are universally incredible in a game that involves arcs

1 hard turns with a pre-movement boost are even more useful

Bombs restricted to the correct phase

More ships with arcs on the table

2 Green Dice but more ships with single action modified Red/Green dice on the table

jpq7toK.png

I am thinking 1 ace with a bunch of strikers or 2 aces with one named striker ( Sabaccc or Countdown ) sounds pretty **** cool...and is basically what I have been running in 1.0 anyway :) 

Or just as many Strikers as possible with a medium or big base support ship. 

I have been proxying a bunch of generic strikers against some of the spoiled stuff and have to say they seem incredible! 

Maybe first order will get one to?

tie_sfi___schematic_by_ravendeviant-dagt

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Yessir, other than the current forum boogieman the future seems promising for the humble strikers

 ...but I'm all in on phantoms ?

Yep Decloak + Intel Agent or Force Sense or really any crew....seems fantastic. 

Also Small base arcs can rotate 90 degrees now??!!!??!!

What if my Tie Striker could 1 hard turn focus and rotate 90 degrees.....

Let them fight! 

q45SzzH.gif

Also what the **** forums....stop complaining and get pumped for some of these cool looking 2.0 ships...

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Pre-Movement Boost that doesn't spend an action. 

Built in Barrel Roll

3 Attack Dice

Bomb Upgrade

Focus or Evade Token

1 k Turn

1 hard turns are universally incredible in a game that involves arcs

1 hard turns with a pre-movement boost are even more useful

Bombs restricted to the correct phase

More ships with arcs on the table

2 Green Dice but more ships with single action modified Red/Green dice on the table

jpq7toK.png

I am thinking 1 ace with a bunch of strikers or 2 aces with one named striker ( Sabaccc or Countdown ) sounds pretty **** cool...and is basically what I have been running in 1.0 anyway :) 

Or just as many Strikers as possible with a medium or big base support ship. 

I have been proxying a bunch of generic strikers against some of the spoiled stuff and have to say they seem incredible! 

Maybe first order will get one to?

tie_sfi___schematic_by_ravendeviant-dagt

Sounds like they'll be priced around 40 points :P

 

3 in a squad with upgrades!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, piznit said:

Sounds like they'll be priced around 40 points :P

3 in a squad with upgrades!

Sounds great! 

Vader/Soontir + Striker

Vader/Inquisitor + Striker

Soontir/Inquisitor + Striker

Defender + Striker + Striker 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Lamda/Reaper

Striker + Striker + Gunboat + Gunboat???!!!!???!!!

I dont care how expensive they are.

This is gonna be gud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Sounds great! 

Vader/Soontir + Striker

Vader/Inquisitor + Striker

Soontir/Inquisitor + Striker

Defender + Striker + Striker 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Lamda/Reaper

Striker + Striker + Gunboat + Gunboat???!!!!???!!!

I dont care how expensive they are.

This is gonna be gud. 

 

Instant Squad! Just Add Striker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ronu said:

I would personally love 2 Phantoms and 2-3 strikers together. Then watch your opponent have a fit guessing where to go

I'm gonna have to toy with this squad.

Edited by Nyxen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is the best. I heartily endorse TIE striker love. It's going to be odd having only 2 defense in 2.0, but I can't wait to see how they do in the new environment. Even Gunner Luke won't be able to stand against that kind of consistent firepower - they always get their arcs on target! Oh, and blocking the YT, then dropping a bomb in front of it - pure awesomeness, and a relatively trivial feat for a striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parakitor said:

I can't wait to see how they do in the new environment.

You dont have to wait! Proxy 3 vs Dash/Luke Gunner in self practice. He doesnt do that much damage without Lone Wolf/Rey/PTL...but he does take damage :)

Strikers are gonna be legitimately competitive in 2.0, calling it right now. 

And im not even a test player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

your opponent?

throw in echo and even you won't know where you're going

This pretty much describes every game I've played with the striker swarm.

The worst game I ever had was a 4 way furball.

  • Duchess - Adaptive Ailerons, Adrenaline Rush, Engine Upgrade
  • Sabine Wren - Sabine's Masterpiece, Push The Limit, Kanan Jarrus, Cloaking Device, Engine Upgrade
  • Constable Zuvio - Trick Shot, Cad Bane, Bomblet Generator, Pattern Analyser, Spacetug Tractor Array

......And one very stressed X-wing pilot trying to figure out what the heck the board was going to look like by the time he got to move his ship.

 

7 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Geez that TIE/FO-st looks really badass.

It does. I question the likelihood though - on the grounds that we've had three major engagements with TIE/fo in atmosphere in the new trilogy (Takodana, Starkiller, Krait); clearly they're fine down low, and if they had an atmosphere-based garrison ship you'd have thought you'd have seen it at Starkiller Base.

7 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Can't crab shuffle with ailerons, can ya!? 

Well - ailerons bank one way and hard turn back sort of gives you a sideslip, but nothing compared to decloak and then barrel roll the same way, which works out at a speed 4 sideslip.

7 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

What if my Tie Striker could 1 hard turn focus and rotate 90 degrees.....

Let them fight!

Admiral Sloane or Ciena Ree both look like very good crew.

  • Sloane is at her best with an expendable swarm at her back; where you'll trade an academy pilot gleefully to stress an enemy ace and hand all your wingmen rerolls to hit. Depends how many generics you can fit alongside her in a lambda
  • Ciena Ree by comparison wants aces because she can only boost one ship per turn. The bonus turn is good but doesn't she stress the ship, so wants ships which can recover from stress. Probably best with the striker aces - Duchess, especially, since the stress doesn't turn off your ailerons.
7 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Sounds great! 

Vader/Soontir + Striker

Vader/Inquisitor + Striker

Soontir/Inquisitor + Striker

Defender + Striker + Striker 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Lamda/Reaper

Striker + Striker + Gunboat + Gunboat???!!!!???!!!

I dont care how expensive they are.

This is gonna be gud. 

Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker, hopefully.

Maybe even Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker + Striker

Or Striker, Eggs, Spam, Striker, Chips and Spam.

...Sorry, drifting off into a different sketch there....

6 hours ago, Parakitor said:

This thread is the best. I heartily endorse TIE striker love. It's going to be odd having only 2 defense in 2.0, but I can't wait to see how they do in the new environment. Even Gunner Luke won't be able to stand against that kind of consistent firepower - they always get their arcs on target! Oh, and blocking the YT, then dropping a bomb in front of it - pure awesomeness, and a relatively trivial feat for a striker.

Boosting large ships is one of the things I love about the striker - with action-free repositioning, in 1.0 they were one of the only bloody things which could keep up with Dash, or Rear Admiral Chiraneau without giving up their green tokens.

Now with Autothrusters, generic Interceptors can manage the same feat. But whilst Strikers lose out on some things, they still win on 1 bank/3 bank, as I don't believe the interceptor has blue 3 banks, and that's the move you tend to need to follow a fleeting turret ship.

The bombs - we'll wait to see what value we get - which will depend on points costs and what bombs you can actually fit in the cost allowed.

6 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

You dont have to wait! Proxy 3 vs Dash/Luke Gunner in self practice. He doesnt do that much damage without Lone Wolf/Rey/PTL...but he does take damage :)

Strikers are gonna be legitimately competitive in 2.0, calling it right now. 

And im not even a test player.

Or, play them now, in 1.0. Luke essentially gives you a 1.0 turret. Whether he's cheap enough to be broken or expensive enough to be a crutch for people who can't adapt, the point is that his rules are essentially what turrets are right now - action-free dice mods, 360' arcs of fire. So if you can get used to facing them now, and discover that whilst turreted large ships are scary to face, 5 x 3 attack dice can gut them very quickly and you have less trouble keeping a bead on them than something unwieldy like a generic X-wing.

6 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Aren’t all bombs dropped in the device phase in 2.0?

So far as we know.

4 hours ago, Commander Kaine said:

My striker force is expanding daily. I got 2 since 2.0 news came. 

I'm really hoping 3 strikers and a reaper is a viable list.

A striker swarm with an officer  on a Reaper is just going to look glorious. It depends if the 2.0 reaper has co-ordinate whether Ciena's an option, though.

 

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Quite some autocorrect you got there.

2 green is not going to be anywhere near as bad as it once was.

It might be bad against LRS E-Wings, Vader, and any force using missile/ordinance ship that keeps a lock. Double modified attack dice are not gone. 

But im still feeling positive.

Two Words: COUNT DOWN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...