Npmartian

Cards you thought were good

1 hour ago, Jo Jo said:

When I first started playing I thought Opportunist was good. I mean its not a horrible ability, getting an extra dice is always a good thing. However, its way too situation and expensive for what it does. There are just way better options for EPTs. Not to mention that there really isn't a good platform for it. 

I love it on Starvipers. I typically always get the bonus.

Edited by Superstrength79

2 hours ago, Npmartian said:

When you started playing X-Wing, was there any card that you thought was really, really good until you played more and realized that it was actually pretty bad? For me, it was Zeb Orellios, specifically as crew on the Ghost. It seemed great! I could bump, and then throw a R1 Primary+R1 Dorsal Turret! Then I realized that 1. 0 agility does not like taking R1 shots back and 2. I couldn't actually run the cheaper shuttle, so Zeb essentially cost 3 points instead of 1 because Ezra in the shuttle was 2 points more expensive than Zeb in the shuttle. Anyone else have experiences like this?

it's even worse because "when you activate during the Combat Phase":

latest?cb=20151204225843

is not the same as the end of the Combat Phase:

latest?cb=20150802044025

Edited by skotothalamos

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I kept wanting to make Wired work.  It's offensive and defensive dice modification without actions.  That's a lot.  However, just no.  It's too hard to generate the stress.

Jan Ors likes it

I kept wanting to make Wired work.  It's offensive and defensive dice modification without actions.  That's a lot.  However, just no.  It's too hard to generate the stress.

We do 33 point, single ship furballs in Atlanta occasionally, and Horton slam, r2-d6, wired and tlt is a monster. 

Hard turn once, and then stick to your banks. Reroll everything. 

We do 33 point, single ship furballs in Atlanta occasionally, and Horton slam, r2-d6, wired and tlt is a monster. 

3 hours ago, Firespray-32 said:

Advanced Proton Torpedoes, the king of new player traps.

Truth, it's good on...... Major Rhymer and that's it haha. Well maybe Nera as a costly range 1 deterrent 

50 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

50 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

51 minutes ago, nikk whyte said:

I LOVE WIRED HORTON!!

2 hours ago, nikk whyte said:

anyone who gets stressed for something else, makes wired an option.   opportunity cost hurts it more than anything else.    But Horton likes it, Jan Ors is decent, I personally like Ibtisam + hera with wired.  the last is still too expensive, but that doesn't have anything to do with wired vs named b-wings in general

5 hours ago, MrMaggles said:

Swarm leader... still gonna try till it works lol

Swarm Leader Vessery is awesome! I think that card, played right, is very good. 

I really thought Sat Salvo would be better than it was, know its a "newer" card. But Meh.

50 minutes ago, lj1983 said:

I personally like Ibtisam + hera with wired.

I tried this, but with Linked Batteries and collision detector just in case. it was SO FUN! But it wasn't good enough to warrant dropping 32 points on, so I only used it once. Maybe I should try it again....

3 hours ago, piznit said:

Neta Daniels.  "Holy crap, you mean I can fly anywhere and shoot a torpedo!!!"  How can I lose!

I actually had the opposite experience: "What, you can shoot in any direction but only twice per game? That's awful! I'll just fly a turret ship, thanks very much!"

Once a friend told me how much he likes flying Nera, and guidance chips+EM got printed, I took her for a spin and she's easily one of my favourite rebel pilots. I've flown her with Jan Ors (trick shot+TLT) for a crippling 5-dice proton torp, and currently I'm running her as a wingman for Ahsoka and Poe, where she does the hard work of killing stuff while Poe dances around dodging shots.

3 minutes ago, MyPalValen said:

A fully loaded Redline and Deathrain when they first came out.  It seemed to make sense until about 15 minutes after the game started

Oh boy... The painful memories. 

4 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

Truth, it's good on...... Major Rhymer and that's it haha. Well maybe Nera as a costly range 1 deterrent 

Ah, you see, your mistake was picking Rhymer, aka the pilot paying the highest premium for PS and ability. Pretty much no card is worth it on Rhymer. 

8 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I actually found that it worked really well on Glaive Squadron Defenders. Toss them in with TIE/D and some Ion Cannons, or just naked with it. It was cheap but effective.

Edit: Should clarify that for a long while that pilot who gets to strip off focus/evade/TLs was really popular around me, then Old Teroch was the same thing. So the no-token mods were actually really helpful. Also those guys who either steal or copy your tokens were popular, and Wired saw play for the same reason.

Edited by That One Guy

15 minutes ago, HammerGibbens said:

Juke on anything but Omega Leader.

I ran some jank with Debris Gambit Youngster and a pair of generic SFs to get 4 Juked shots per round, but the generics + youngster leave a weird points gap that I couldn't really find a good filler for

They are awesome on snap Juke awings. Alas awings got power crept out the last two waves. But they were very effective for a time. 

16 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

They are awesome on snap Juke awings. Alas awings got power crept out the last two waves. But they were very effective for a time. 

ah that's true. I only ever play imperial but yeah if I were to ever play 1.0 rebels for some reason, it'd be those fast boys.