Sign in to follow this  
Firespray-32

Is Luke Gunner Actually That Good?

If the meta is Cianna/Vader, Cianna/Soonter, or Vader/Soonter, Luke will be a meta counter and will be reasonably priced at 30 points. If the meta is undercosted triple Rogue Squadron Ewings (R3/FCS) and Triple Defenders, Ezra on the turret and an extra popgun is probably a better choice.

6 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

I don't get this line of thinking that 'oh, a good player will always have arc anyway", as if they were playing against a brick that couldn't take any advantage of the fact that you CAN dodge a mobile arc while it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to dodge gunner Luke

The issue has NEVER been that turrets exist, it's always been a matter of their efficiency.  If a turret that always gets a shot is no longer points-efficient, it isn't a problem.  Why should I care that I can't dodge getting fired upon when it's crippling my opponent's ability to trade with my list?

As an example, Rey is not a scary ship outside of her firing arc.  She relies on her in-arc action-free mods on both offense and defense to make up her hefty point cost.  I'm not even a little bit concerned about a 1.0-equivalent 70-point PS9 Rey that doesn't get that extra die on offense and defense.  And I really don't understand why you are.