Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, player3333902 said:

So Elias, how do you plan for the two of us to escape?

Akua asked

We've got 2 options

Run

OR

fight then run: we don't know what we're up against because I'm not a master of foreseeing the future.  But even assuming the odds aren't too overwhelming and that we could defeat those outside, what do we have to gain vs. lose by fighting? 

We can gain intel like how they found us and who they were looking for if we question them but if any of them survive the opposition next time will be calibrated to our capabilities, and make no mistake there will be a next time. 

If we run without fighting they'll try to hunt us down but the next time the encounter us they still might not know the extent of our capabilities and be unprepared to deal with us and unless they get a good look at our faces we may still be able to blend into a crowd.

So I'd recommend running without fighting and without revealing we have lightsabers or force powers if possible.  You're call though.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

Aftre being cramped in the sub for some time avalon bolts out before the waves settle and begins to run around the opening

Woooo freedom!

“Avalon!” Korath calls, “Get back here! It’s too dangerous! I need you to stay behind us, be quiet and be careful.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stormbourne said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

“Avalon! Get back here and be quiet!”

 

Leadership (w/Influence): 1eP+2eA+4eF+1eD+3eC 2 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Despair, 5 Light Side, 1 Dark Side


p-s.pnga-a.pnga-a-a.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls.pngf-ls-ls.pngd-th.pngc-f.pngc-f-th.pngc-d.png LSPs spent to add successes. Despair can be spent on however @Rabobankrider deems fit.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

To their left was shallow looking rocky short, and beyond that a large fissure in the cave wall. 

"No time to waste you two. If you have a weapon get it out, I doubt these mercs want to share the treasure." Ro'ka says as she exits the sub and readies her Blaster Cannon, its visual display illumiated the way for her. She would enter the fissure looking back and waving the others to follow as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

"No time to waste you two. If you have a weapon get it out, I doubt these mercs want to share the treasure." Ro'ka says as she exits the sub and readies her Blaster Cannon, its visual display illumiated the way for her. She would enter the fissure looking back and waving the others to follow as well. 

“If we can avoid combat, that would be preferable. I have a few tricks up my sleeve just in case, so let’s not be the aggressors, but be ready and follow my lead.”

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

“If we can avoid combat, that would be preferable. I have a few tricks up my sleeve just in case, so let’s not be the aggressors, but be ready and follow my lead.”

Ro'ka looks back from inside the fissure, "Your lead?" Then chuckles to herself before continuing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

Ro'ka looks back from inside the fissure, "Your lead?" Then chuckles to herself before continuing. 

Korath walks up next to Ro’Ka, “Look at it this way. If all goes as I plan, the enemy will defeat themselves. There is an ancient technique that a Jedi can use; by envisioning a desired outcome he can cause his foes to either lose their will to fight or even turn against one another.”

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Korath walks up next to Ro’Ka, “Look at it this way. If all goes as I plan, the enemy will defeat themselves. There is an ancient technique that a Jedi can use; by envisioning a desired outcome he can cause his foes to either lose their will to fight or even turn against one another.”

"Stop planning and protect Avalon. Now silence yourself, give away our position and you will be on the recieving end of this." Ro'Ka spins the Blaster Cannon's barrels as if it were about to fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

"Stop planning and protect Avalon. Now silence yourself, give away our position and you will be on the recieving end of this." Ro'Ka spins the Blaster Cannon's barrels as if it were about to fire. 

“Don’t let your bloodlust cloud your judgement. Protecting You, Avalon, and this temple is precisely my goal. We need to work together on this, and given that we are likely to be severely outnumbered, means we can’t simply go in guns blazing. We need to either convince our foes to leave peacefully or, failing that, make them defeat themselves. If you go in all gung-ho, you’re more likely to get yourself killed. We’ll stand a much better chance if we work together and trust each other.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

We've got 2 options

Run

OR

fight then run: we don't know what we're up against because I'm not a master of foreseeing the future.  But even assuming the odds aren't too overwhelming and that we could defeat those outside, what do we have to gain vs. lose by fighting? 

We can gain intel like how they found us and who they were looking for if we question them but if any of them survive the opposition next time will be calibrated to our capabilities, and make no mistake there will be a next time. 

If we run without fighting they'll try to hunt us down but the next time the encounter us they still might not know the extent of our capabilities and be unprepared to deal with us and unless they get a good look at our faces we may still be able to blend into a crowd.

So I'd recommend running without fighting and without revealing we have lightsabers or force powers if possible.  You're call though.

 

 

 

Running it is then. Did you manage to find a route to escape? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

“Don’t let your bloodlust cloud your judgement. Protecting You, Avalon, and this temple is precisely my goal. We need to work together on this, and given that we are likely to be severely outnumbered, means we can’t simply go in guns blazing. We need to either convince our foes to leave peacefully or, failing that, make them defeat themselves. If you go in all gung-ho, you’re more likely to get yourself killed. We’ll stand a much better chance if we work together and trust each other.”

"Keep your preaching for the kid. What part of silence did you not understand?" Ro'Ka presses a finger to the bottom of her mask where her mouth was as she finished whispering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, player3333902 said:

Running it is then. Did you manage to find a route to escape? 

Path of least Resistance, I scouted the area earlier so it should help us a little if they chase us.  Would I be correct to assume that you know how to use the force to help you run faster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CathyKitten said:

"Keep your preaching for the kid. What part of silence did you not understand?" Ro'Ka presses a finger to the bottom of her mask where her mouth was as she finished whispering. 

“Ro’Ka,” Korath says quietly, but firmly. “I am going to make this clear. I am not your servant, your chauffeur, nor your lackey. I am a Jedi Master, and have survived many battles against the forces of Darkness. If you want to survive this and succeed at your objective, you would do well to heed my advice. We are but two individuals and are facing a force whose numbers are unknown, but likely greatly outnumbers us, and that cannon of yours is likely to breach the walls of this temple, flooding it and killing us all. Keeping your secrets and running in half-cocked will only get you and the rest of us killed. So if you know something about who we’re facing, now is the time to tell us. We need to have a solid strategy before we go any further. Now, I am going to try and get a sense of how many forces we’re up against, but I’ll need to get closer to them to do so. Avalon, when I tell you, I want you to find cover and stay hidden and out of trouble. Is that clear? Ro’Ka, if you have any actual plan, aside from just going in guns blazing, I’m all ears. If we can combine our plans, so much the better. So what’s it going to be?”

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 6:01 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Deep below the waves of Manaan, the suggestion from Jonas would receive a scoffing laugh. 'I don't doubt you could do that jedi, but if I had crystals for lightsabers, I wouldn't be wasting time hunting jedi, I'd just sell them off'. There would be a pause, punctuated by soft hum of the computer near by. 'That makes me think though. What can you do for us in this here temple? Must be something worth sparing your life for. I'd rather you told me know than wait for my men to dig it out and probably break it'. 

Jonas: "Naturally, my Nikto friend. If the computer systems are still working, I do know the passwords for those.  I'll log you in any everything as soon as I can see.  Carbonite blindness is a real bit of poodoo, you know what I'm sayin'?  Open some doors, if nothing else.  My liquor cabinet is around here somewhere.  Between you and me, most of that ain't fit to drink no more, but the rubes always pay through the nose for an old enough vintage, no matter how undrinkable.  Some folk have too much money and not enough sense.  You dig me?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

“Ro’Ka,” Korath says quietly, but firmly. “I am going to make this clear. I am not your servant, your chauffeur, nor your lackey. I am a Jedi Master, and have survived many battles against the forces of Darkness. If you want to survive this and succeed at your objective, you would do well to heed my advice. We are but two individuals and are facing a force whose numbers are unknown, but likely greatly outnumbers us, and that cannon of yours is likely to breach the walls of this temple, flooding it and killing us all. Keeping your secrets and running in half-cocked will only get you and the rest of us killed. So if you know something about who we’re facing, now is the time to tell us. We need to have a solid strategy before we go any further. Now, I am going to try and get a sense of how many forces we’re up against, but I’ll need to get closer to them to do so. Avalon, when I tell you, I want you to find cover and stay hidden and out of trouble. Is that clear? Ro’Ka, if you have any actual plan, aside from just going in guns blazing, I’m all ears. If we can combine our plans, so much the better. So what’s it going to be?”

Avalon sits vack against a wall grin splitting his face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so long ago...

Windward Lounge, Republic Training Facility, Gorse, Inner Rim

"Attention!" Lieutenent Jax belted as Captian Korse strolled into the Windward Lounge. The other four young lieutenents scrambled to their feet before Korse could say, "At ease."

Captain Korse surveyed the room.  Jax was, of course, the first to notice Korse.  Few things passed by that the young man from Coruscant didn't notice.  Voss from Uquine, the youngest of the five, was in the usual state of sartorial disarray.  The kid didn't know how to wear a uniform correctly.  Not like it matters now, thought Korse grimly.  Korse's gaze shifted to Wriss and Thom, second  cousins from Halcyon.  They were born scouts, if such a thing existed.  He was hoping they would listen to what he had to say.  And then finally Venn the latest in the long line of Venns from Carida.  Polite, respectful, and efficient.  The perfect officer for a galaxy at peace.

Too bad this was a galaxy at war.

Korse began, "It is my displeasure to report that salary payments from the Republic have stopped.   To be honest, they lasted longer than I would have thought after the destruction of Hosnian Prime. We still have not received any orders as to how or where to deploy in defense of the Republic.   As such, I am discharging all of you from your commitments to the Republic.  I will warn you, all official records of Republic troop numbers and locations have gone dark, which means that if you leave Gorse, you will be in a technical state of desertion.  But I will give a written letter of discharge, should it matter to you.

I will be leaving tomorrow and taking the weapons from the training facility with me.   Rumors have it that a Republic General is building up an army on Mandalore to fight the First Order. You may come with me if you wish.  If not, may the Force be with you.  You will each be issued light armor and a pistol before I leave."

Captain Korse turned around and left the room before the lieutenants could respond, a single tear leaving his left eye.  The five trainees looked around the room nervously.

"Well, we all suspected this day was coming, and force help us it finally has," began Lieutenant Arvel Venn. "I've certainly given thought to my plans and the Captain's announcement doesn't change anything.  What about you?"

Jax smiled.  "Me?  Back home to Coruscant.  They say there's a crime boss there who has promised to personally assassinate any member of the First Order who dares set foot on the Old Republic's capital.  He might be talking out his exhaust port, but I gotta admire the sentiment.  What about you, Wriss?"

Wriss looked somewhat conflicted.  "Well, Thom and I have been talking a lot about this.  I was initially for finding the Resistance, but if the Republic flag still flies, then I want to stand behind it.  I'm for leaving with Korse.  Thom?"  Her cousin nodded back, "Until my last breath.  Voss?"

Voss slowly swept the room with his gaze.  "Well that's three would-be heroes.  And then there's me.  I'm going back home to Uquine.  The Republic, as much as I love it, is done.  My first allegience is to Uquine, my home, and I will stand by her."  Voss paused and added, "And what about you Venn?  I'm sure you'll land on your feet.  Your family always does."

Arvel Venn nodded.  "My father fought for the Empire.  But my ancestors before them fought for the Old Republic for more generations than some of your homeworlds have been settled.  I took my oath to fight for the Republic and I will.  One of my grandfather's cousins served as the personal guard of Senator Bail Organa, the father of General Leia Organa of the resistance.  I can only hope that General Organa will find me worthy to join in the Resistance and punish the First Order.  And yet..."

Arvel paused here and looked out the window of the lounge.

"And yet, my dreams haunt me.  Like there is some other path ahead of me.  I can't explain it, I just feel that I need to stay on Gorse a little longer.  I can't explain it."

Jax nodded slowly.  "You've got to follow your path, man.  It has been a good run."  

"Indeed it has, " responded Arvel Venn.

Arvel nodded and raised his glass, "To Alderaan!  Never again.  Never forget.  To the New Republic!"

They all joined in the response, "Our government!  Our future!"

A week later, the training facility was empty save for Arvel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Stormbourne said:

Avalon sits vack against a wall grin splitting his face

Avalon and Korath see the glow of Ro'ka's Blaster Cannon display silently fad into the darkness. It appears she was serious about moving forward quietly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CathyKitten said:

Avalon and Korath see the glow of Ro'ka's Blaster Cannon display silently fad into the darkness. It appears she was serious about moving forward quietly. 

Dashing up to ro'ka avalon asks

is it time to be awesome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CathyKitten said:

Avalon and Korath see the glow of Ro'ka's Blaster Cannon display silently fad into the darkness. It appears she was serious about moving forward quietly. 

 

16 hours ago, Stormbourne said:

Dashing up to ro'ka avalon asks

is it time to be awesome?

"They're going to get us all killed."

Korath closes his eyes and opens himself up to the Force, extending his consciousness out, Seeking his quarry. 

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shingles would crunch underneath the feet of the three venturing into the fissure. What little light there was from the lights of the submersible is soon lost as they move into the large crack in the wall. It looks like it was naturally formed, at least initially. The further they move into the inky blackness the more the walls feel like it has been carved with machinery. After a few moments they would be able to see light at the end, artificial light. They would also be able voices somewhere at the end of the tunnel.  

In the centre of the structure, the gang leader would snap at someone near by Jonas. 'Oi! Leave the computer now, the jedi has the codes'. The voice of the leader would return to the jedi. 'You've been in that block for at least fifty years jedi, you're going to be blind for a day or so at least. Tell us the codes'. This new may come as a surprise to Jonas. He had planned to remain in carbonite for a long time, until the brotherhood was needed, but fifty years? So much had passed, an entire generation of people will have come and gone without his knowing. Who had even won the war? Was it still going? So many questions, and these pirates did not seem like the most reliable source of information. They were the only one he had for now though. 

His comment regarding the alcohol would be met with silence for a moment before there is a coarse laugh and a slap on the back in response. 'In another life, you could have been a good crew member jedi'.

It was at this point there would be a beeping noise that would resemble a com link. 'What is it?' the leader would grunt. 

'Yeah, boss? I don't think we're alone down here' Jonas would hear a nervous voice say. 

'What? There was only one life form that we scanned for'.

'Well we just heard howling down in the lower levels we're searching. Sounded like some kind of animal'.

'Alright, check it out, keep the coms open'. This would be followed with the sound of a pistol being drawn from a holster and the cold of the metal being pressed against the back of Jonas's skull. There was a tutting noise before the leader speaks. 'Just when I thought we could be friends. What little monster do you have in this place?'

 

On Tatooine the two Weequay thugs would suddenly raise their rifles and aim them at the courier before them. 'Yeah, about your payment and all that. There isn't any, not from us anyway. We aren't Black Sun' one would near as he nods tot he crate. 'Now hand it over'.

The Black Sun contact was actually arriving at this moment. Jar had been sent to meet with the contact delivering the crate. His superiors hadn't told him what was in the crate, in fact they had been keeping the Jawa at arms reach for a long time. It didn't feel like he was particularly appreciated in his current job. He would round the corner to the hanger just as the Weequay raise their blasters. They hadn't spotted him, giving him a chance to react. 

 

On Korriban, the path ahead was lit with dim torches that lit when she reached them, and extinguished when she past them. The walls were carved with pictures of great battles and ancient sith warriors. One figure in particular seems to recur on multiple pictures. She would eventually reach a steep ramp that leads to a mighty double door made of red stone. Carved above the door was the words 'Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Perhaps it was a clue to pass the door? At the moment there did not seem to be anything else around other than the carvings.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Shingles would crunch underneath the feet of the three venturing into the fissure. What little light there was from the lights of the submersible is soon lost as they move into the large crack in the wall. It looks like it was naturally formed, at least initially. The further they move into the inky blackness the more the walls feel like it has been carved with machinery. After a few moments they would be able to see light at the end, artificial light. They would also be able voices somewhere at the end of the tunnel.  

In the centre of the structure, the gang leader would snap at someone near by Jonas. 'Oi! Leave the computer now, the jedi has the codes'. The voice of the leader would return to the jedi. 'You've been in that block for at least fifty years jedi, you're going to be blind for a day or so at least. Tell us the codes'. This new may come as a surprise to Jonas. He had planned to remain in carbonite for a long time, until the brotherhood was needed, but fifty years? So much had passed, an entire generation of people will have come and gone without his knowing. Who had even won the war? Was it still going? So many questions, and these pirates did not seem like the most reliable source of information. They were the only one he had for now though. 

His comment regarding the alcohol would be met with silence for a moment before there is a coarse laugh and a slap on the back in response. 'In another life, you could have been a good crew member jedi'.

It was at this point there would be a beeping noise that would resemble a com link. 'What is it?' the leader would grunt. 

'Yeah, boss? I don't think we're alone down here' Jonas would hear a nervous voice say. 

'What? There was only one life form that we scanned for'.

'Well we just heard howling down in the lower levels we're searching. Sounded like some kind of animal'.

'Alright, check it out, keep the coms open'. This would be followed with the sound of a pistol being drawn from a holster and the cold of the metal being pressed against the back of Jonas's skull. There was a tutting noise before the leader speaks. 'Just when I thought we could be friends. What little monster do you have in this place?'

Whispering

i feel like its time to be awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AWESOME!!!!

Avalon sprint forwards

When in range a all too familiar buzz rings in the air as avalon activates a lightsaber

Lightsaber whacking: 2eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a-a.pnga-a.pngp-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

14 dmg and a crit

Crit hit: 1d100 33

koraths lightsaber give +1 A and +10 crit

The other two to sunder if possible 

Oh and may i assume that i had enough time before hand to dedicate to sense?

Edited by Stormbourne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid has more in him than I thought.

Ro'Ka was smiling as much as her mask would let her. She would HAVE to help Avalon. Luckily she just topped off her Cannon's reserves. 

"Over here you dumb Niktos!" Ro'ka would shout from as she emmerged from the fissure. 

Blaster cannon: 7eF+5eP+2eA+1eC+1eD 6 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 6 Dark Side
f-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngp--.pngp-tr.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a.pnga-s-s.pnga-s.pngc--.pngd-th.png

(12+6 damage. flipping dark sides to make it 10 advantages, that will autofire another 5 times. Ill take two strain to use Rain of Death and Prepare manevuers. Want to use triumph to bounce bolts off of Avalons lightsaber to hit others, just for cool no actual bonus needed.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...