3 hours ago, TheShard said:

The Drall moves meticulously over the library examining each book. 

"It isn't everyday you see a collection like this. It's not even flimsiplast... I have a few of these I've squirreled away, but nothing this extensive."

“Thanks,” Korath replies. “There’s further information stored in these databanks, and,” he adds, holding up an amber cube framed in brass. “There’s also my master’s Holocron.”

18 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

“Thanks,” Korath replies. “There’s further information stored in these databanks, and,” he adds, holding up an amber cube framed in brass. “There’s also my master’s Holocron.”

Jonas adds, "I don't have nothin' quite so nice.  Back in the day, I had a bar so well stocked, I could mix drinks from over forty different star systems."

1 hour ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Jonas adds, "I don't have nothin' quite so nice.  Back in the day, I had a bar so well stocked, I could mix drinks from over forty different star systems."

“Yeah,” Korath says glibly. “I don’t think a wet bar would be appropriate on an Academy ship with a bunch of kids onboard.”

The interior of the fabric store is a sad looking affair. It is almost entirely empty, with more empty boxes cluttering the way than actual stock. Like most of the other businesses, they seem to have suffered the backlash of the planets loss of populace. Hopefully it won't be permanent, but for now, it is doing lasting damage all over. A middle aged woman with bright orange hair tied messily in a bun rest on the counter while a huge dowutin can be seen shifting boxes around in the back of the room. The woman looks up, surprise on her face at the sight of customers. "Oh, can I help you?" She enquires. 

On 2/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tramp Graphics said:

“I don’t think a wet bar would be appropriate on an Academy ship with a bunch of kids onboard.”

Jonas looks at Korath somewhat incredulously, "If we don't teach 'em how to mix a fine gin and tonic, then who will?"

On 2/27/2019 at 6:33 PM, Rabobankrider said:

The interior of the fabric store is a sad looking affair. It is almost entirely empty, with more empty boxes cluttering the way than actual stock. Like most of the other businesses, they seem to have suffered the backlash of the planets loss of populace. Hopefully it won't be permanent, but for now, it is doing lasting damage all over. A middle aged woman with bright orange hair tied messily in a bun rest on the counter while a huge dowutin can be seen shifting boxes around in the back of the room. The woman looks up, surprise on her face at the sight of customers. "Oh, can I help you?" She enquires. 

Elias:  I do hope so ma'am.   My current attire while highly functional for survival on backwater planet like my homeworld doesn't exactly blend in in civilized environments.    I'm  looking to buy or make a set of apparel that doesn't seem out of place on most civilized worlds, so maybe you could help me with a pattern and material/color selection.  I'm also looking for something a bit special... I seem to be a magnet for aggression, and last time I was offworld I learned about inserts that could provide some added protection to blunt agression.  I don't know if that would be something you carried or if not that you could point me towards someone who does.

Negotiation: 2eA+4eF 1 success, 1 advantage, 3 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a-s.pnga-a.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png (what's the difficulty?)

The lady raises an eyebrow as she listens to Elias for a moment. "Well, I can sell you some fabric we have left in stock if you want, or we do have some clothing in from this season if you want to have a look". She gestures to a few racks near the wall that held several variances of robes, jackets and trousers. "If you're looking to blend in, these would do the trick, especially in the core and mid-rim. I'm letting them go for 30 credits, what with business being a bit quiet these days. As for armour insterts-", she is interrupted by the dowutin who stoops down so his head is in view.

"We don't deal with them! Only people looking to hide armour in their get up are troublemakers, so you can sling your hook on that one!" With that he would stomp off to carry on with his work. 

The woman glances back at Elias, giving him a shrug and slight smile. "Well, you heard him. I'd recommend off world for that kind of stuff love, most businesses here have closed up, what with the new empire and everything. I'm sure some traders out there will have something for you".

After Drez'n finished with his own research, and everyone was briefed on what he and Korath learned, Korath concludes with a full briefing of what to expect on Gorse. 

After the briefing concluded, and everyone got a good night's sleep, Korath heads to the cockpit to prepare to exit hyperspace at their destination. Pulling the levers back, he drops the Jedi Star out of hyperspace in a comfortable orbit around Gorse. Bringin up the comms, he signals the planet, "Jedi Star to Gorse flight control, requesting permission to land." 

"Permission granted to land at docking bay 45," the controller says. 

"Roger that," Korath replies. "Jedi Star out." 

"Buckle in, everybody," Korath calls to the others on board. "We're coming in for a landing." 

With everyone buckled in, Korath brings the Jedi Star down through the atmosphere, circling the spaceport to make the proper landing approach, before bringing her in to the proper docking bay and touching down. 

On 3/13/2019 at 5:38 PM, Rabobankrider said:

The lady raises an eyebrow as she listens to Elias for a moment. "Well, I can sell you some fabric we have left in stock if you want, or we do have some clothing in from this season if you want to have a look". She gestures to a few racks near the wall that held several variances of robes, jackets and trousers. "If you're looking to blend in, these would do the trick, especially in the core and mid-rim. I'm letting them go for 30 credits, what with business being a bit quiet these days. As for armour insterts-", she is interrupted by the dowutin who stoops down so his head is in view.

"We don't deal with them! Only people looking to hide armour in their get up are troublemakers, so you can sling your hook on that one!" With that he would stomp off to carry on with his work. 

The woman glances back at Elias, giving him a shrug and slight smile. "Well, you heard him. I'd recommend off world for that kind of stuff love, most businesses here have closed up, what with the new empire and everything. I'm sure some traders out there will have something for you".

Elias: that seems to be what I'm looking for, thank you.

Elias hands over 30 credits.

Elias: trouble tends to find me rather than the other way around, you wouldn't happen to have the name of one of these traders would you?

Posted (edited)

Getting up from the pilot's seat, Korath exits the cockpit and descends the ladder to the lower level and lowers the main landing ramp. "Master Jonas," Korath says. "You've got the lead on this trip."

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Jonas says, "Roger that, Korath."  He wanders off  the Jedi Star and finds the nearest terminal, searching for a funeral home which can provide a proper burial for his friend.

The woman shakes her head in response to Elias's question. "Sorry love, I never really had need to get involved with such folk. I'd guess you'd probably know more of those types than me, being an off-worlder and all". 

Meanwhile Reesh had seemingly found his target, though it had taken longer than he would have liked. His eyes must be getting old, along with the rest of him. He had heard of a findsman who had replaced many limbs and organs with cybernetcis to stay on top of the game, but Reesh had never considered it for long. He felt it would rob him of what the mists had provided. He may be a hunter, but he was a pious one. Still, there was this Arvel, out on the street of all places. It seemed more and more likely that this would be a dead end, but hunting meant following what leads you had. With a shrug Reesh stomps down the street towards the military man. Stopping behind him he would reach up to tap him on the shoulder. "Arvel Ven?" he would ask in his tiny voice via the translator. Arvel would find himself faced with a  strange squat insectoid, not a common sight on Gorse by any means. "You are Arvel Ven, yes?" he would ask again. 

Reesh Looking for Arvel: 3eP+2eD 2 successes, 1 threat

p-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngd-th-th.pngd-f.png Disadvantage adds time taken to locate Arvel

On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Rabobankrider said:

"Arvel Ven?" he would ask in his tiny voice via the translator. Arvel would find himself faced with a  strange squat insectoid, not a common sight on Gorse by any means. "You are Arvel Ven, yes?" he would ask again. 

Arvel looks at the insectoid and responds, "That I am.  You seem to have me at a disadvantage.  You are, whom exactly?"

Jonas finds a funeral home via the terminal and makes sure they're open.  He shouts to Korath, "We've got to head to the market district, brother.  You got a repulsor sled on your ship?  We should do this dignified like."

18 hours ago, Jonas Shaaf said:

Jonas finds a funeral home via the terminal and makes sure they're open.  He shouts to Korath, "We've got to head to the market district, brother.  You got a repulsor sled on your ship?  We should do this dignified like."

"No," Korath replies. "But we could probably rent a speeder. Also, might I suggest we try to contact any next of kin he has?" 

"Yes, Reesh Zarru" the gand would say, tipping his head slightly. "Reesh would like to talk to you" he would state in a low voice, nodding his head towards the other side of the road, near one of the many abandoned buildings. "Reesh thinks that you may be able to help Reesh find a friend".

The funeral home was near by to the market sector. It was admittedly an odd place to set up a business such as this, but it was one of the few left in the city. It was a sombre looking affair, but the building was well maintained at least. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Rabobankrider said:

The woman shakes her head in response to Elias's question. "Sorry love, I never really had need to get involved with such folk. I'd guess you'd probably know more of those types than me, being an off-worlder and all". 

Elias.  Thank you kindly ma'am, it was a pleasure to meet and do business with you.

Elias tucks the new set of clothing in his backpack and emerges from the clothing shop to see Arvel talking to the gand bounty hunter he had seen in his vision earlier.  The gand is gesturing in the direction of a seemingly abandoned warehouse. Somewhat alarmed he [activates  sense defense and] walks over to join the conversation.

Hello sir gand, whatever you have to say to my friend Arvel here, you can say in front of me.  And to put all the cards on the table, Arvel, this is the gand bounty hunter who went looking for you at the new republic base earlier today.  Elias shifts his cloak slightly, briefly letting the gand and no one else get a glimpse of the lightsaber hanging from his belt.  I have 2 questions for you mister gand, first is what is your name sir, and second Would I be wrong to guess that you're a findsman?

Edited by EliasWindrider

Reesh's compound eyes would flick across to have the newcomer. He did not recognise him, but he seemed to know a lot about him. This unsurprisingly set him on edge, and his grip on the staff he walked with tightened. "Reesh was not talking to you stranger, and what Reesh is is none of your business. Perhaps you should let him decie who he talks to" he would finish, nodding in Arvel's direction. 

On 3/29/2019 at 6:50 PM, Rabobankrider said:

"Reesh was not talking to you stranger, and what Reesh is is none of your business. Perhaps you should let him decie who he talks to" he would finish, nodding in Arvel's direction

Avel smiles at Elias and then looks at the Gand, "Yeah, he does that a lot.  But I'm not about to wander off into an abandoned building with someone I've just met.  You're not my type anyway.  So who is your friend I can help you find?"

Jonas loads his deceased comrade on the repulsor sled and stats the long walk to the funeral parlor.   Jonas looks up to see the sombre exterior of the building and thinks to himself,   Good.  Death ain't good ****.  Glad to see that these people dig that. Jonas says, "C'mon Korath, let's head in."

Posted (edited)

Aris was almost back to her ship, The Astral Wren, when she saw 2 humans in cloaks pushing a repulsor sled with a long dead body on it... curious she followed them to a somber looking funeral home.  They hadn't kill the dead guy recently and it was unlikely that they had recovered the remains of a long dead victim only to give them a proper burial, decades later, so who were they.  Curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by EliasWindrider