The pirate captain would stagger back, spinning his staff in one hand as he uses the other to rub his jaw, causing it to make a cracking noise. 'Maybe not though, right jedi?' With that he would leap back into the fray. The captain spins the electrostaff with a newfound fury. His tactics have changed completely. Instead of the precise attacks from before, he is using his strength and momentum to keep the weapon in a state of permanent movement. Blocking his attacks are almost impossible as he uses both ends of the weapon with equally. He drives the jedi master across the width of the corridor till his back is pressed against the wall. Trapped between the wall and whirling weapon, Korath didn't have a lot of space to manoeuvre or to respond.    

As the duel continues the pirate crew mates would continue in their attack of Avalon. Though they are a little more cautious now that the boy is wielding a blaster, but they continue to try to kick and beat him to an untimely death. But the boys speed and agile movements means that they simply can't land a blow on him though. In fact the crew gets so tangled as they lunge and dive for him they are left vulnerable to his next action. 

Kark would let out a squawk of indignation as he holds his hands int he air. He had no intention of being accused of anything this day. As the Drall approaches the building as well he would desperately try to position himself between the pair and the door. 'Nothing needs fixing! Nothing needs doing! Please, please don't go in there!' He would glance behind him at the room of blinking lights as he tries to reach for the button to slide the door shut. 'That's the computers used to reive and interpret the towers information. We only finished calibrating it yesterday, and it's very sensitive. If those controls are changed, I'll have to srat all over again, and on my own it will take me days to fix'.

Drez'n would be able to sense an incredible anxiety from the young Verpine. If it wasn't obvious from his movements and actions, Drez'n could sense his nervousness, verging on paranoia, his protectiveness of his work, but also his natural inquisitiveness. This being was defiantly one of the points in the force he sensed. The other was stood before the Verpine, this human newcomer. 

Pirate Captain Combat Check: 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eC 1 success, 9 advantage

p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngc-th.pngc-f.pngFlipping a destiny point to upgrade the check, does 9 base damage to Korath, uses advantage to activate linked, increase base damage to 18, spends the rest of the advantage to damage Korath's lightsaber. Boost dice added by accident, removal reduces advantage by two but does not change results.

Pirate Crew 2 Combat Check: 2eA+2eC 0 successes, 1 threat, 1 Despair
a-s.pnga--.pngc-d.pngc-th.pngDoes 0 damage to Avalon, threat adds 1 strain to the pirate crew, despair upgrades Avalon's next check.

Pirate Crew 3 still holding off from combat.

Edited by Rabobankrider

12 hours ago, player3333902 said:

Well then... looks like we might not be able to sneak around as easily as we thought... having a speeder draws attention. We should walk.

Akua told Elias as she surveyed the scene.

I'd recommend that we meet up with your friends and my brother, before we  get to much closer, give me a moment, I'll try to see what else I can discern from the force.

(Trying to get an idea about where the shuttle is)

Seek for shuttle/ride of planet: 4eF 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds.png

(Trying to figure out how close Matthis Karr is to the shuttle.)

Seek for Matthis Karr: 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png

(Trying to get a more specific answer on where we can find fuel for the arc-170)

Seek for fuel (specifically): 4eF 3 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

(Seek for arc-170 specifically)

Seek for arc-170 (specifically): 4eF 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.png

(Glimpse into the immediate future for helpful hints about how to proceed)

Foresee: 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png

On 9/8/2018 at 9:05 AM, Rabobankrider said:

The pirate captain would stagger back, spinning his staff in one hand as he uses the other to rub his jaw, causing it to make a cracking noise. 'Maybe not though, right jedi?' With that he would leap back into the fray. The captain spins the electrostaff with a newfound fury. His tactics have changed completely. Instead of the precise attacks from before, he is using his strength and momentum to keep the weapon in a state of permanent movement. Blocking his attacks are almost impossible as he uses both ends of the weapon with equally. He drives the jedi master across the width of the corridor till his back is pressed against the wall. Suddenly he would lunge forwards, slamming the point of the staff into the lighsaber and the jedi's hand. Yellow sparks would course through the saber and the staff, and there would be the smell of burning in the air. 'Still think you can win?' the captain would grunt between his attacks.   

As the duel continues the pirate crew mates would continue in their attack of Avalon. Though they are a little more cautious now that the boy is wielding a blaster, but they continue to try to kick and beat him to an untimely death. But the boys speed and agile movements means that they simply can't land a blow on him though. In fact the crew gets so tangled as they lunge and dive for him they are left vulnerable to his next action. 

Kark would let out a squawk of indignation as he holds his hands int he air. He had no intention of being accused of anything this day. As the Drall approaches the building as well he would desperately try to position himself between the pair and the door. 'Nothing needs fixing! Nothing needs doing! Please, please don't go in there!' He would glance behind him at the room of blinking lights as he tries to reach for the button to slide the door shut. 'That's the computers used to reive and interpret the towers information. We only finished calibrating it yesterday, and it's very sensitive. If those controls are changed, I'll have to srat all over again, and on my own it will take me days to fix'.

Drez'n would be able to sense an incredible anxiety from the young Verpine. If it wasn't obvious from his movements and actions, Drez'n could sense his nervousness, verging on paranoia, his protectiveness of his work, but also his natural inquisitiveness. This being was defiantly one of the points in the force he sensed. The other was stood before the Verpine, this human newcomer. 

Hide contents

Pirate Captain Combat Check: 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eC 1 success, 9 advantage

p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngc-th.pngc-f.pngFlipping a destiny point to upgrade the check, does 9 base damage to Korath, uses advantage to activate linked, increase base damage to 18, spends the rest of the advantage to damage Korath's lightsaber. Boost dice added by accident, removal reduces advantage by two but does not change results.

Pirate Crew 2 Combat Check: 2eA+2eC 0 successes, 1 threat, 1 Despair
a-s.pnga--.pngc-d.pngc-th.pngDoes 0 damage to Avalon, threat adds 1 strain to the pirate crew, despair upgrades Avalon's next check.

Pirate Crew 3 still holding off from combat.

again pulling back to short range with a few flips avalon calls out "how does it feel to lose to a kid" before loosing a few more blaster bolts

flipped destiny to upgrade

more pew: 2eP+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngd-th.png

also i thought lightsabers had cortossis

Some of the pirates would make a grab for their pistols as the small boy dives out from amongst them. Twisting to face him through the grime and dust a erratic plasma bolts pierce the air, smashing into the walls and disappearing down the corridor. Some of them would hit Avalon though, knocking him off of his feet and into the dust. 

Pirate Crew 1 Combat Check: 3eP+1eA+2eC 1 success, 3 advantage

p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngc-f.pngc-f-th.pngDoes 8 base damae to Avalon, advantage spent to make Avalon fall prone.

Korath parries his opponent’s blows, again and again, allowing only a slight graze to hit his arm. Following through, he makes a series of feints and strikes, barely missing his target. Pulling back into a Defensive position, he catches his breath and prepares to defend himself. 

Wrapped in the things Force Binds the tiniest spark of panic was squashed in Arissa's mind. She had been in worse and there were greater weapons than Lightsabers and even the Force. 

"Who am I to kill you? You don't feel the connection? I am him, I am of his blood. His ancestors were weak and mixed our linage with the Twi'lek slaves. Thousands of years the power has been passed down, squandered, ignored, wasted. Till I was born. And through me our dynasty will be reborn! Do you think any scum tomb looter would have the power to kill his guardians? Even now your Binds are nothing to me, I have killed you once and can do again. But I have nothing to prove. You are the servant, I am the Master as my bloodline decrees. I would not harm you further, release the bonds and leave this living world you need not guard a dead Lord, for I. I am now your Lord.     

The robed figure would stare at Arissa from beneath its hood for what felt like an age. Eventually she felt the power that had held her in place relinquish her. 'If what you say is true, then I, I cannot dispute what you say'. The robed figure would move to one side so it no longer blocked the exit of the room. 'Make no mistake though. You, are not my master, you are not the lord of this place. I serve he who resides here still. If you his heir or not, he will decide your fate'.

@player3333902 

"The arc-170 is up ahead before the smoke and off to the left... that way"  he pointed

"Matthis Karr is between us and the smoke,... that way" he pointed towards the smoke,

"The shuttle is in the midst of the smoke, we'll probably have to fight to get it, and there are likely innocents we have to avoid hurting in the process.

I recommend we take the speeder bike in a wide arc keeping our distance from the smoke and matthis and approach it from the side of it opposite the smoke so that we have less chance of being spotted.

Well fine! Have it your way then! However, don't know if he'll respect your wishes! 

He points at the overly enthusiastic verpine. 

When you get that under control lets get breakfast I'm buying!

What's up with that guy... Hmmm...

(Sense: 4eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png that's for mr. Meth head bug! I'll spend both light side to tell his thoughts.)

Edited by TheShard

Kark would sigh as he goes to slide the door to the console room shut. Perhaps now he could calm down a little. The whole falling off of  a building and then nearly having all his hard work messed with was very stressful indeed. 

'The inn should be open now I think if you want to head across' he would say as he tries to calm himself down with a few deep breaths. As they make their way across to the mound that Kark had gestured to, he would respond to the question about the other Verpine. 

'They went home, or onto another project. I stayed back though to, er, see the sights'. Despite his words, Drez'n would see something else in Karks mind. He saw why the young Verpine wanted to stay on the planet. He wanted to research whatever ancient structures that the planet held. It seemed that Kark had quite the interest in the past of the jedi. 

"aw, nerver mind bug mate. Oo'll gone get sowt tae eat like fluffys gone own aboot. Then yeh can tell us aw aboot the interesting stuff roond here, aye?" 

She thumps him on the shoulder hard but playfully, and starts walking to were the inn was pointed out at.

Arissa smiles as the thing refuses to bend. Defiant. Foolish. Watching it still she walked to the next part of the tomb, only once she thought the thing was out of ear shot did she let out her frustration in a grunt. Partly at herself for being caught, mostly at it for not dying when it should have died. She liked it when she made things die. It wasn't as fun when they don't die. She wished this place was alive so she could kill it. Cause it would be fun to kill it. But its also fun to be powerful. And that's why she was here. So on to power.

"Power leads to victory after all" she laughed to herself. 

The captain would leap back from the combat, glancing around as he panted slightly. 'Come on sir! Bring him down!' This would be followed with various other cheers as the pirates gather around the combat. The boy seemed to have escaped, the blind jedi with him. No one wanted to hunt a jedi without their leader it seems. 

The captain would take a breath as he carefully circles his target. With a shout he suddenly leaps fowards with another flurry of attacks. Suddenly he ducks low, swinging the staff like a bat at Korath's ankles. The staff makes impact and the jedi master huts the floor with a thud, knocking the wind out of him. This would seem to get some definite approval from his crew. He would stand over the jedi, raising the staff high, ready to cave Korath's chest in with the point. 

Just as this happens however, there is a low rumble that causes the entire building to shake, dust falling from the ceiling. 'What was that?' one of the crew would ask as a low rumble of concern passes through the ranks.

On Tatooine, the Weequay would glance down at the body of his fallen friend, and would not waste any time at all. He would turn tail and make a dash for the hanger exit. He has no intention of being killed here. Unless the Chiss of Jawa make a move against him, he will continue running and not look back, leaving the pair alone, maybe a little rattled by unharmed. 

Kark would wince slightly as he rubs his shoulder from the slap, but would hurry after the pair to enter the inn. It is a quiet, but cost looking affair. Low ceilings and small round tables surrounded by chairs. There was a bar with a tired looking Drall set behind it. Other than a couple of other early riser patrons gathered around their own table, the inn was deserted. 

Exla'ure and Chemdat would come to with a dull ringing in their ears and the feeling of an intense heat around them. As the blobs of colour in front of their eyes come to form pictures, they would find themselves in the ARC-170, but it was not in the air. It had been buried into the ground, surrounded by twisted wreckage, shattered glass and flames. Teetoe was nowhere to be see, but there were memories of what happened. The warning fuel light, Teetoe shouting to them, the ship suddenly losing altitude as it begins to bank to one side. They must have crashed, but they were alive. 

Elias and Akua would see a second plume of smoke begin to rise in the direction that Elias had said the ship was. This could only be an ill omen as to what happened to the others. 

Arissa would find herself in a dark tunnel, no carvings, no paintings or pillars. It almost looked like it was naturally formed. Eventually she would see the light at the end of the tunnel. A small room with what looked like a never ending ceiling where pale light streamed down.  Set in the centre of the room was a large plane sarcophagus. Behind it was an equally plane throne, both made out of dark grey granite. 

'I must say, I was certain you would die on you path here. And I would be told you are my heir?' The room is filled with humoured laughter that echoes around from every direction. The voice was different to the guardians. It was smooth, silky almost. As the laughter finishes there is a rush of air as a transparent purple figure materialises upon the throne. A sith pureblood, dressed in the garbs of war with an ornate sword propped up against his leg. 'Do you know who I am? Truly am?'

Pirate Captain Combat Check: 4eP+1eA+1eB+2eC 5 successes, 3 advantage

p-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngb-s.pngc--.pngc-f-th.pngFlips dp to upgrade attack, used manoeuvre to aim, does 13 base damage to Korath, spends advantage to knock him prone. 

Pirate Crews are unable to act this turn. 

Weequay robber moves to medium range of Werit and short range of Jar.

"May I first applaud your choice of guard. They are ....  unparalleled in both physical and mental prowess. " 

Arissa gave a fully sarcastic smile. 

"As for your question, No. I have not a single clue who you are. And I don't care. One. Tiny. Bit. You are nothing. You were nothing in life. You are nothing now. You will be nothing after I leave. But I do know of the power that even nothing wielded back in your time. I will take that power. I will make it my own. And it will be the foundation of my own glorious galaxy spanning empire. Now, submit. I have wasted enough time on your games." 

The ancient sith sat upon his throne would chuckle at Arissa's words. 'I need no one to protect me little thief. Even in death I am capable to guarding that which I consider valuable. The creatures you face were, tests. I must admit however you dispatched them with greater ease than I expected. But what makes you think you will ever leave this place?' Again the phantasm's laugh would ring out, echoing about the tall room, and as it does Arissa feels the ground shake for a moment beneath her feet. 

The sith slowly stands, taking up his sword as he does. 'How do you plan to bend me to your will when you cannot harm me? Your blade is strong, but you are weak in the force and so cannot touch me. I do commend your ambition however little thief, it is rare to see such desire for power'. The sith steps down from his throne and moves slowly towards her. His steps make no noise, and does not even disturb the dust. He stops just beyond the reach of her lightsaber if she were to draw against him. 

He bares his teeth in a savage smile as two bursts of flame flash into existence on either side of the throne behind him. As the fire dies as quickly as it appeared, Arrissa would see two of the charred being she had thought earlier. 'If you truly know of my power, you know that it cannot be simply taken, but I may be willing to give it to you. Though I am still strong, I am trapped in the grave of the sith, here on this rock'. There would be disgust in his tone at is situation. 'I have watched the affairs of the galaxy from afar, seen the sith fall time and again until finally they come close to total victory. Only to be snuffed out by a prophecy all believed to be false. Now the champions of the darkside are more of a shadow of their former glory than ever. I child, unfit to wield such power nor rule this galaxy sits at the head of an empire he does not deserve'.

At this the two creatures by the throne step forwards to flank their creator as he continues to speak. 'You want power little thief? To rule the galaxy? Then you will have it. I will pass on my knowledge, my power, my secrets of the force that let me rule from the shadows for four hundred years. I will give you the tools that only the true sith can wield. I will give you an army that will sweep across the known galaxy like a forest fire. But in return you will bow to me, and act as my vassal in your crusade for power. Only when the sith are truly reforged, and the pretenders and the light are cast down will you have my absolute power, and only then will you will supreme. 

As he speaks one of creatures would take a knee and hold up it's as if in offering. A small puff of flame appears in its palms, and a small red pyramid appears, floating a few inches above the burnt flesh. It is unmistakable, a sith holcoron. The power that resonates outwards from it it what had drawn Arissa to this tomb in the first place, it must be, the feeling was unmistakable. 

The other hold its hand to its chest, and the silvery blade that she had battled against early would form. It stands motionless in some form of salute as the sith king glances at both of his servants. 'The body and soul of the sith. The knowledge to destroy your nemeses, and the power to do the act. These are the tools that the true sith of old used to dominate the force and the galaxy. If you pledge allegiance to me you will have both, and you will have your freedom when the galaxy belongs to the darkside. What say you?' The power he was offering was surely tempting, but at what cost? How would an ancient spirit like this react to refusal if that is what she chose?  

On Manaan there would be a number of shout of rage, confusion and surprise form the crew as what looks like one other own goes to strike the captain. 'Traitor! What are you doing?'

'Have you lost your mind?'

'Kill him! Kill the traitor!'

As he hits the captain from behind the burly nikto would spin around to face the new attack, throwing his arm out as he does. He catches Avalon squarely between the eyes with the metal handle of the staff, staggering him with the blow. 'What do you think you are doing?' he would snap, but some of the crew is already taking just into their own hands as they fire on the would be traitor. A few of the shots catch the young boy from behind, a few narrowly missing vital organs as he is trapped between two enemies. 

Just then however there is another deep rumble as the who place shakes and shudders. A few pirates glance around nervously as if expecting the walls to crumble then and there. 'What was that?'

This whole place is coming down, captain! We need to leave!'

'I knew this place was too old to survive down here!'

The captain seems town as the crew begin to murmur amongst themselves. The party that came to free Jonas must also make a quick decision. Risk staying and fighting, or trying to flee in case the ancient temple is brought down.

Pirate Crew 1 Combat Check: 3eP+2eC 1 success

p-s-s.pngp-s.pngp-a.pngc-th.pngc-f-f.png Does 8 base damage to Avalon

3 disadvantage from captains check spent to move him to the bottom of the initiative slots.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:08 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Exla'ure and Chemdat would come to with a dull ringing in their ears and the feeling of an intense heat around them. As the blobs of colour in front of their eyes come to form pictures, they would find themselves in the ARC-170, but it was not in the air. It had been buried into the ground, surrounded by twisted wreckage, shattered glass and flames. Teetoe was nowhere to be see, but there were memories of what happened. The warning fuel light, Teetoe shouting to them, the ship suddenly losing altitude as it begins to bank to one side. They must have crashed, but they were alive. 

Elias and Akua would see a second plume of smoke begin to rise in the direction that Elias had said the ship was. This could only be an ill omen as to what happened to the others. 

Chemdat coughed in the smoke "we gotta get out of here" he said over the intercom that was still crackling, "Teetoe, Excal... you ok."  

Chemdat quickly rummaged in the compartments around hill and under the seat  for a survival kit or anything else useful that wasn't nailed down, and made sure he still had all the gear he came with.  As the flames got closer and the turret canopy wouldn't open he started to panick and his anger boiled "this is not how I'm going to die!" and slammed his fist on the flickering control panel.  Small explosion flung the canopy up and away slightly before the gunners chair he was in rocketed upward.  Chemdat grabbed onto the unlatched seatbelt with fear for his life.  A hundred meters up the jets shut off and the seat deployed a great big wind sail (parachute) which allowed a fairly slow descent back to the ground.   Chemdat got up and started walking towards the fighter to see if the others needed help as he quickly slung his pack on his back looked around for the others and any immediate threats.

Arissa could feel the power flowing through the air from the relics. She needed this. This power wasn't going to be what she used to conquer this so called emperor, but it was a stepping stone to more. 

"Oh great Lord. I Arissa of Koriban pledge myself to your service till the end." 

Taking one knee in an over dramatic flourish she bowed her head, one side of her lips curled into a sinister smirk. They both knew neither were being truthful. It was who ever could use the other that would come out on top of this little game. 

As she bows her head the sith spirit steps forward, looming over her as his guards remain motionless. 'Then be marked as my servant and crusader'. With that the sith extends his thumb and presses it against the Twi'lek's forehead. As he does Arissa would feel an intense pain on her forehead. There is the smell of burning and as he steps back Arissa would find herself branded with the mark of the ancient sith, lake many formidable figures of history before her. As soon as it appears the mark begins to fade into nothingness. 

When Arissa clambers to her feet one of the creature steps forward and offers her the holocron. 'This holocron was formed by a sith inquisitor who was a master of the shadows. None will find this holocron if you do not wish it' the sith would say as he makes his way back to his throne.

'Now, to the task at hand. The armies and power I promise you will help you take this galaxy, but it is not enough on its own. You must find followers, servants, acolytes of your own'. The sith would take his seat once again before continuing. 'There is a relic of the past, a jedi who is gathering force sensitives for his own gain. Some are set in their ways beyond your reach, but there are others. Young, inexperienced, corruptible. They can be twisted to your cause. Go to Tatooine. There you will begin to gather followers'. 

excal'ur lingers in the burning ship flame licking at his clothes he turns on the radio "akua, windrunner, we are located here, the three of us are alive for now, i'll see what i can do to keep us that way, we'll start towards the city but if you can pick us up that would be helpful"

Drez'n allows the two to distract themselves in conversation as he slips out of the booth and flags down the proprietor for a caff refill.

A parents love twists cries to life, of needs, it's from there's, fits, and they appear when others wpuld shrink away and hold tgere ears...

Kriff'n old for this force, ebb and flow, and undertow these two need a wave or two to knock some sense into them!

He sits and sips waiting for an opening.

Why are you two here? You i know its the job we left... Is that a tempirary assignment? And you... Didnt catch your reason... Strange to see non-Drall here...

The captain would topple to the floor with a thud as the building continues to shake around him. There would be a shout of 'captain!' from one of the crewmen as they rush to drag him away from the jedi.

'Let's get out before the building comes down on our heads!' Another would shout as the battered pirates begin to disappear back down the corridor they had emerged from. The falling dust from the ceiling would quickly hide them from view as they go. In the distance there is the sound of smashing and tumbling masonry. Something was very wrong indeed. 

The grey speckled barman would watch the group from the counter having served Drez'n, and here and there a few early risers (or long nighters) would begin to make their way into the tavern. Most would move to the bar for orders before taking residence at their own tables. 

'Oh well all assignments are temporary I suppose, but yeah, this one was temporary, along with the others. I already said that didn't I. I do these jobs to get out of the construction yards back home, it's a chance to see more of the galaxy you know? Of course you know. I want to be a historian, see all the old stuff there is out there'.

Pirate Crews 1 to 3 move to medium range