CaptainJaguarShark

Take Action - 2.0 article

Well now I want a ship with multiple astromech slots!  Regen your shields till you run out of charges, then start repairing damage! :D

Was kinda joking there, but actually it could work on, say, a J-Type, pure support ship (no weapons).

Edited by mazz0

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Can I just do the first action of a linked action (to avoid performing a Red action), or must I perform the pair if I want the first one?

Good question.  I feel like I remember hearing that you have to do the whole thing but it may have been more in reference to whether you could fail the white action and still do the red one.

We want that rulebook FFG!

11 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Can I just do the first action of a linked action (to avoid performing a Red action), or must I perform the pair if I want the first one?

I would think you could end it after the first action. I’m going to have to go rewatch the play videos. Good question, I didn’t think of that until I read this 

14 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I believe I heard the second one is optional. Also, failing to complete the first action prevents you from performing the second one.  They mentioned this in regards to a ship that has to complete a barrel roll in order to be able to evade.

4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Not sure, but it's been spoiled.

Seems a bit more focused from the first edition versions:

R5s help the high-hull, clunky older fighters better (ARC and Y), while R2 Regen will help the speedier, fancier dogfighters (Ewing, Xwing).

Super interested in the BB Astros for Resistance, and potentially any other alternative new stuff for them (look out for free barrel rolls, peeps).

50 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I am fairly sure in one if the interviews or streamed games one of the developers said the second part of the chain is optional and you don't have to decide to do it until after you complete the first action. You must complete the first action to do the second however, so if you fail the first you can't do the second.

Edited by Icelom

25 minutes ago, Icelom said:

I am fairly sure in one if the interviews or streamed games one of the developers said the second part of the chain is optional and you don't have to decide to do it until after you complete the first action. You must complete the first action to do the second however, so if you fail the first you can't do the second.

This is correct.  Also, if you fail the second action, you do not get the stress.

10 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

I'm really digging this new design of having the named astromechs being identical to the generics, but with just a little bit of a twist.

Though now I really want to see if R3-A2 made the cut into 2.0, and how he turned out.

Hopefully his ability is different. Stress infliction, formation flying and coordinate crew seem to be Imperials identity now. 

In keeping with the lock theme, I hope he neutralizes a lock from enemy ships that lock him, depriving them of their ability to use their lock until his ship is destroyed. Maintain one enemy lock at a time. That would be cool. 

17 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

Hopefully his ability is different. Stress infliction, formation flying and coordinate crew seem to be Imperials identity now. 

In keeping with the lock theme, I hope he neutralizes a lock from enemy ships that lock him, depriving them of their ability to use their lock until his ship is destroyed. Maintain one enemy lock at a time. That would be cool. 

I do like the idea of the droids being 'improved generics' - R2-D2=R2+, R5-D8=R5+, etc. Will be interested to see R4-B11....

R3-A2 being R3+......more than two target locks seems a waste, but maybe some means of acquiring a lock for free? R5-K6's RNG target lock was pretty darn awful, but as a built-in freebie to a weapons engineer (and hence getting two locks on any successful trigger) maybe it becomes a bit more tempting.

Alternatively, you could give him something akin to R3-A2's old ability but take a page out of Hobbie's book - allowing him to apply stress specifically when spending a lock - that means you still get your stressbot, but largely means the two-stress-a-turn monstrosities go by the board.

Skippy The Jedi Droid is.....silly. But then, sometimes silly stuff is fun. I always wanted a Tag Greenly/Bink Otauna pair of pilots just for the heck of it.

After all, we've already put in a guy called "Deathfire McDibbs".

One I would actually quite like (especially as a charity event exclusive alt-art prize support or similar) is QT-KT.

Looking at action bars, it is almost a complete certainty that you can do the first half of a linked action without attempting the second.

I had them all jumbled in my head but the TIE Advanced only has focus as the first part of a linked action.  I can't imagine that you must follow through with the red action if you ever want to focus.

3 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

Looking at action bars, it is almost a complete certainty that you can do the first half of a linked action without attempting the second.

I had them all jumbled in my head but the TIE Advanced only has focus as the first part of a linked action.  I can't imagine that you must follow through with the red action if you ever want to focus.

Indeed, and if you couldn't do the first on its own, stress free, then they'd surely have made the whole pair red, not just the second part.

4 minutes ago, Crazy Old Wizard said:

Soo, the article says that R3 can aquire 2 target locks with one action, but the card just says "may maintain". Do you think that is an article mistake, or is that FAQ fodder at launch, for those who hadn't read it.

The second sentence on the card covers that - you can take another one when you perform a lock action.

swz01_a5_r3-astromech.png

5 minutes ago, Crazy Old Wizard said:

Soo, the article says that R3 can aquire 2 target locks with one action, but the card just says "may maintain". Do you think that is an article mistake, or is that FAQ fodder at launch, for those who hadn't read it.

I'm pretty sure that's covered in the second line of text on the card.

swz01_a5_r3-astromech.png

18 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

That's a card I have seen theoretically used. 

As opposed to 1E R3 Astros. 

Old R3 was sooo trash. Would be interesting what the designer of the card thought!

New R3 with baked in weapons engineer, who can acquire both locks simultaneously, saving you a turn, is definitely interesting. Question is the point cost, though. Also if there are going to be other benefits from having target locks other than rerolls on attack.

Old weapons engineer is interesting in Epic.

And for 100/6 I have used WE and M9G8 together both on Arc170 and the Sheathepede as support. Question is if WE and M9G8 still exist in 2.0?