CaptainJaguarShark

Take Action - 2.0 article

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/21/take-action-1/

Has a few spoilers.

Reload is one charge on one card, specifically mentions being able to reload bombs or torps but that might just because that's what y-wings have.

R3 astromech lets you lock two objects, get an extra lock when you take the lock action.

R5-D8 is rebel only, has 3 charges, lets you use an action and a charge to repair facedown damage card or just an action to repair Ship faceup damage cards.

Old Terroch in the Fang Fighter, Initiative 5, is the same but states all "green tokens" so also discards calculate and reinforce.

Edited by Ixidor

8 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/21/take-action-1/

Has a few spoilers.

Reload is one charge on one card, specifically mentions being able to reload bombs or torps but that might just because that's what y-wings have.

R3 astromech lets you lock two objects, get an extra lock when you take the lock action.

R5-D8 is rebel only, has 3 charges, lets you use an action and a charge to repair faceup damage card or just an action for facedown damage cards.

Old Terroch in the Fang Fighter, Initiative 5, is the same but states all "green tokens" so also discards calculate.

Calculate and Reinforce.

Just now, Rakaydos said:

R5D8 is to R5 astro as R2D2 is to R2 Astro. Exactly the same, but unique, Rebel Only with an extra charge.

My bad, I specifically mean R5-D8 from the article we're talking about and in reference to the single other post in this thread

28 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Calculate and Reinforce.

How do we get to just those? Wouldn’t an evade also be a green token? So focus, evade, reinforce, and calculate?

Unless they changed the color of evade tokens... 

1 minute ago, ScummyRebel said:

How do we get to just those? Wouldn’t an evade also be a green token? So focus, evade, reinforce, and calculate? 

Unless they changed the color of evade tokens... 

No, green tokens are evade, focus, calculate, and reinforce. They were correcting my statement, which included the word "also."

Edited by Ixidor

7 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

The real question is: where’s the mistake in the article? ?

"For example, a Y-wing equipped with bombs or torpedoes can take the reload action to recover one charge on that secondary weapon." (emphasis mine)

Now it's entirely possible that "secondary weapon" is a defined term in 2.0 that includes bombs somehow, but it seems unlikely.

For EPTs like Expert Handling, have they said if you can take them if you only have access to the action through your linked action bar? For example, the TIE Aggressor has a red Evade action, but only when linked to a barrel-roll. Would you be able to take EPTs that require that evade?

1 minute ago, PhantomFO said:

For EPTs like Expert Handling, have they said if you can take them if you only have access to the action through your linked action bar? For example, the TIE Aggressor has a red Evade action, but only when linked to a barrel-roll. Would you be able to take EPTs that require that evade?

I don't think they've said but even if it is allowed as a prerequisite, the linked action would still be red.
For cases like what the TIE aggressor has, it would be nice to be able to add it that way but the nature of linked actions makes me think they are a separate concept.

That also makes me think the possibility of an upgrade which has a specific linked action as an upgrade requirement could exist. That could be interesting but the same linked action probably isn't common enough.