Sign in to follow this  
Ravenhull

Are Energy Tokens locked to that card?

I would hope so.  Yeah, Force tokens on a single ship can be pooled, but it seems that doing so with Energy tokens would break things.  That would mean that somebody might take Cluster Missiles just for the 4 energy.

Comes across to me as a ‘common sense’ thing to restrict them to their host card, but we have seen how common that is among some players.

Yes. They are not "energy" tokens they are called  "charge" and represent the number of usage of a certain ability, weapon etc. 

Edited by Ubul

The thing I wanna know is why Dace Bonearm has three charges, then must spend three charges to trigger his effect whatsoever.

Unless they're rechargable somehow, what's the point of making it a multi-charge mechanic at all at that point?

Edited by Reiver

2 minutes ago, Reiver said:

The thing I wanna know is why Dace Bonearm has three charges, then must spend three charges to trigger his effect whatsoever.

Unless they're rechargable somehow, what's the point of making it a multi-charge mechanic at all at that point?

The upward triangle by the charges on Dace's pilot card would seem to indicate that he regains one per turn. 

10 minutes ago, Dunderwood said:

The upward triangle by the charges on Dace's pilot card would seem to indicate that he regains one per turn. 

... You know, I'd missed that. Thank you!

If they werent bound to the card there could be some pretty busted shenanigans with that.

Clusters has 4 tokens, the highest of any single card i believe. You could take that to beef the crap out of what is normally 1 charge if it was one big pool.

7 hours ago, Dunderwood said:

Spend X, receive one back a turn allows you to turn charge tokens into a 'cooldown timer' on an ability.

Any icon - Charge, Force, whatever, with a little triangle means it regenerates once per turn. We've not seen shields with that notation yet but it's not an unreasonable thing to see for a putative epic 2.0 ship, for example.

12 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Another point against charges being a communal pool is the pilot ability of the new Fang pilot, Joy Rekkoff, who spends torpedo charges to reduce enemy agi. With it specifying a Torp upgrade and not just a charge, it makes sense that charges are card bound.

Exactly. Being able to spend charge tokens for a use other than their default is the sort of thing that specific pilot and crew upgrades can be expected to do. Which is why it's not a default ability.