Gun4hire

Im stuck between 2 Imperial lists. Any opinions on which one is more competitive/effective?

797/800
Darth Vader [200]
Force Reflexes [15]
Saber Throw [10]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

AT-ST [195]
DW-3 Concussion Grenade Launcher [15]

74-Z Speeder Bikes [90

Or

792/800
General Veers [80]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

AT-ST [195]
AT-ST Mortar Launcher [10]

AT-ST [195]
AT-ST Mortar Launcher [10]

Im looking for a competitve rounded tournament list. Each list has pros and cons and i would like to get some different opinions and discuss about the two lists.

VADER
PROS: Vader is a powerhouse and can hold an objective very well. Is a solid counter to other lightsaber heroes. Mows through troopers and ground vehicles. Good durabilty if played smart. A big presence on the table. Also no supression and makes troopers in range fearless is great.

CONS: Main weakness is hes super slow. Can get focused down if played incorrectly. Not very supportive or synergistic with his army. Can spend the whole game just walking and throwing lightsaber a couple times in the whole game.

STORMTROOPERS
PROS: ive found DLT is the way to go. DLT 2 red dice is similiar chance to hit to 4 white dice. So The DLT give the stormtroopers range 4 advantage plus impact is great. Grenades have been lackluster. I find they either dont get used at all or by the time you get in range 1 you take casualties and your only throwing a couple black dice anyway. I think either you use them as fire support and let Vader or an AT-ST attack an objective or get them into melee range where there using black dice and have red defense dice and cant be fired at.

CONS: kinda expensive unit. Not taking the extra trooper hurts sometimes where when u take some losses the unit doesnt feel useless so fast. Also there are times grenades are amazing but i always felt dissapointed when activating stormtroopers without the DLT.

SPEEDER BIKE
PROS: can mive very fast and outflank units. Throws AT-ST dice at full unit strength. Impact two and having natural cover 1 is great. Can work as a great disstraction sometimes and draw cover. They are a serious threat until they are wounded. Compulsary, fire, move again into cover or out of fire arc is the proper way to play them.

CONS: if you fly them incorrectly or overly aggressive they will not last long. If you compulsary, aim and fire in the open they will get brought down quickly. After losing one biker the unit does lose alot of effectiveness. Also they can fly out of commander range fast and then focused down before you can draw there token randomly.

AT-ST
PROS:great main attack canon. Range 4 and impact 3. Arsenal 2 is great. Very durable with 11 armor. If your not attacking arsenal two every time is wasting a big resource. Ive found grenade launcher with blast is amazing, its great at clearing out objective points. And when playing with out mortars i can tell a difference and miss them. 2 AT-ST with mortars become very good. You can punish troopers caught in range and panic them very easily.

CONS: lightsaber weilders with take one down very quickly. If you dont move and shoot you find they kinda get left behind and get out of position. Can get focused quickly down if out of postion. Can be out maneuvered with out Trooper support to guard its rear flank.

VEERS
PROS: very synergistic and supportive. Reducing suppression on rally and passing out aim tokens are great to DLTs and AT-STs. His maximum firepower pip card is amazing combined with dual mortars on the first turn. He surges to crits so he can damage vehicles sometimes. 

CONS: his 5 health goes quick if hes focused on. He doesnt have the same presence as vader and is not a very good combat unit in himself. Usually sits back and doesnt contribute anything but two aim tokens. I dont get excited activating veers like i do Vader. Kinda feels like a waste of points when hes just hiding or running away from the fight.
Edited by Gun4hire

For me, the Double AT-ST list.

Works really well if you can keep your Stormtroopers safe. Intimidating from the second you set up. Double AT-ST, if played right, can control 55%+ of the board easily, which is normally enough to control objectives. Veers can normally be kept safe. I'd consider MAYBE running it with 2 Snow / 2 Storm (with Flame and DLT respectively, as opposed to 4 DLT) but that's a preference thing. I ran this list in a tournament and although I didn't do great I think its super fun. I have also seen others be very successful with it, so I think my poor placement had more to do with my lack of skill than with issues with the list.

Vader and AT-ST, IMO, just don't synergize well. Bikes work better when you have 2 or 3 of them. AT-ST works better with Veers. So the first list is, in my opinion, a bunch of things smushed together but none of them in an optimal setup. 

Thank you both for your response. I have favored the Veers with double AT-ST over the Vader list. I also agree with the only games ive lost have been to me deploying poorly and not playing the objective effectively. The biggest problem with the list i find is against lightsaber weilders. Luke can close in quickly and hack my troopers while the AT-STs are distracted or Vader can just move in and hack the AT-STs up. And the veers list has no big threats with out the AT-STs.