Sign in to follow this  
hitpointhero

How do i transport my mat?

So im a relatively new player and im going to my first tournament in a couple weeks. And i was wondering how should i transport my mat? The cardboard box it came in has long since been broken so i cant carry it in that. Help would be much appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, Velvetelvis said:

The cardboard shipping tubes at the office supply store as mentioned.

I reinforced mine with a layer of black duct tape as it was finally falling apart after like 2 years.

1 hour ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

You can get poster mailing tubes from any office supply store for about $5

Cool ill go check those out thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

There are telescoping document tubes with a strap. I found one for around ten bucks at the craft store in the painting/drawing supplies section. Here's a tricked out one on Amazon.

I use one kind of like that, though mine doesn't have a handle, which is unfortunate since the shoulder strap broke immediately.

1 minute ago, Gilarius said:

Archery quiver.

In the UK, at least, it's the identical thing to an art tube but at half the price. Don't really understand the reason for the price difference but it's real.

I think archery supplies are subsidized there as part of a long-forgotten set of laws meant to ensure the population would be able to resist a French invasion.

4 hours ago, hitpointhero said:

So im a relatively new player and im going to my first tournament in a couple weeks. And i was wondering how should i transport my mat? The cardboard box it came in has long since been broken so i cant carry it in that. Help would be much appreciated. 

If you still have the broken box you can use duct tape and tape it up.  Or packing tape - I have personal experience in the matter and can attest that packing tape is really good at taping up cardboard boxes.

2 hours ago, digitalbusker said:

I think archery supplies are subsidized there as part of a long-forgotten set of laws meant to ensure the population would be able to resist a French invasion.

They're not forgotten. Bows and arrows are still more than enough to ensure a swift military victory over the French.