LTD

Hunt for the Rebel Base (a forum game)

Four Senators have voted for Bespin.

The fleet has been dispatched to investigate.

{some time passes}

Fleet Command Reports: The Rebel Base has been located in the Bespin system. A short battle has erupted, with Imperial forces easily defeating the terrorist scum. The Rebel Base has been destroyed, and Galactic Civil War has been averted.

All Imperial Players have won, with GhostofNobodyinParticular becoming the "Major Winner" as his smuggling interests on Endor were not discovered.

Visovics and Podracer have both lost the game.

Thanks for playing this test of a game - I am happy for feedback on what players thought went well, and what could be improved.

I liked it, but it needs more impetous for everybody to engage regularly.   Some very big gaps inbetween posts there.

Try to give everybody a vested interest in defending Their corner of the galaxy, I like Gnips flavour thats really cool. Good Job Nip I knew you were up to something 😃

Theres lots of Scope for Growth, And It was a very good alternative to the mafia and I look forwards to playing again.  

I agree with Pod. It's a nice format, but with most people being planetless it makes them only able to vote randomly, and somewhat divorced from proceedings, as they have no stake in anything. Giving various players different incentives like you gave me ought to go a long way towards making players more active and interested.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:36 PM, PodRacer said:

Anyone else getting the feeling that Gnip works for the rebels?

Why was this the only post questioning someones motivation? 

@LTD

Firstly, how were players supposed to discover the others roles?

Secondly, what was my role meant to do anyway...

(For the record, it was a member of the Intelligence Directorate.)

Thanks for the game @LTD!!

Yeh agree with the rest

there’s not much to go on for the planets to make any difference, and so it’s basically a pick and try while the rebels have to watch and hope that planet is not picked, because arguing against it would defnitely look suspicious

it lacks a bit of an incentive to discuss

but other than that liked the game :D 

P.S.: by the way, congrats rebels on the technical win by round 1 with the guess, so we got the power to move to another planet at the cost of 3 extra rounds to win

Thanks folks.

The Rebel base was on Ryloth, which was picked round 1 - so the base moved to Bespin, while giving the Imperials an extra turn to find the new location.

The Intelligence Directorate thing was just to give two Imperial players the certainty of who another Imperial definitely was.

I will post what I sent each player, just for information.

VISOVICS

You are a part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor. The Rebel Base is on BESPIN.

You win the game if the Rebel Base is not found after six systems have been investigated.

#2           CALDIAS

You are a loyal Imperial Citizen.

You win the game if the Rebel Base is discovered before seven systems have been investigated.

#3           GhostofNobodyinParticular

You are a loyal Imperial Citizen, with interests on the side.

You win the game if the Rebel Base is discovered before seven systems have been investigated.

You also have smuggling interests in the ENDOR system. You know that the Rebel Base is not in this system.

As long as that system is not investigated by the Imperial Fleet, AND the Empire discover the Rebel Base, you will be the Major Winner.

Should ENDOR be investigated, you will become a Rebel Sympathiser, and win if the Rebel Base is not discovered after six systems have been investigated.

Indy_Com          

You are a loyal imperial citizen, and a member of the Intelligence Directorate.

You know that The Jabbawookie is also a member of the Intelligence Directorate and can be trusted completely.

Your role as Intelligence Directorate agents is highly confidential. If your identity is revealed, you will lose the game.

The Jabbawookie

You are a loyal imperial citizen, and a member of the Intelligence Directorate.

You know that Indy_Com is also a member of the Intelligence Directorate and can be trusted completely.

Your role as Intelligence Directorate agents is highly confidential. If your identity is revealed, you will lose the game.

PodRacer

You are a Rebel Sympathiser. You do not know the location of the Rebel Base, but you do know that VISOVICS is a part of the Rebel Alliance.

You win the game if the Rebel Base is not found after six systems have been investigated.

CaribbeanNinja

You are a Loyal Imperial Citizen, with a grudge to bear.

If the Imperial Fleet investigates ENDOR they will thwart your hated enemy’s plans. You know that the Rebel Base is not in ENDOR.

If the Imperial Fleet investigates ENDOR and the Empire discovers the Rebel Base, you will be a MAJOR WINNER.

Thanks for playing.

I dug it, I liked that it wasn't the usual high-pressure mafia thing.  This one was a nice pallet cleanser, and I agree with above that some sort of ticking clock and tie to the planets might benefit.  Still had a lot of fun, thanks for running it.