Y-Wing

Battlefield Expansion Ideas

With the upcoming release of Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion, could this be a way to add more unique miniatures to the game? FFG could add pilots and other non-combat units as objectives. Such as a prison break or rescue/capture the VIP. This would be a good backdoor way of adding more characters and even civilians to the game. Thought?

This topic has been touched in other threads but yes, thats what people are hoping for. They can only have "capture / hold different objects" kind of objectives for so long so Im sure we'll see more thematic stuff come out. It'd especially be great for adding species and creatures that dont really make sense as units... like Jawas, Tusken Raiders, Wampas, etc... or even a Rancor!

Perhaps VIP's could be in a package. Imperials having the messenger droid from EA's Battlefront 2 stuff (I've liked the design and idea since Tested had their costume build of it, and the concept reminds me of a few Legends droids that had a similar idea even if they were pretty much things that outclassed it) and go with R2-D2 with C-3PO for the Rebels.

Same sized base for each, same basic theme for them (Messenger Droid being Palpatine's messenger, and the droid duo from their mission in ANH and RotJ). Basically 3 minis on 2 bases, having a unit card (identical stats) for each side, a few possible upgrades for them (Cheap ones that could be added with either leftover points, or, essentially, placing a bounty token type thing on them.

A command card for each side as well that might be interesting for it, possibly just two of the same (different or the same art) (orders to VIP, if an enemy attacks the VIP, you may move one unit that can reach within guardian range of the VIP into guardian range with a single move action). Same with a new token type to represent them.

Perhaps some added rules that VIP characters

I can see a droid run Expansion. 

‘These aren’t the droids we’re looking for’

Expansion comes with 4-5 droid tokens.

Taken an incidental action to flip a droid token. 1/5 is the droid you’re looking for. Once found, action to claim it. it reduces your speed by 1.

Whoever has control of the droid at the end of round 6 wins.

1 hour ago, Kojib said:

I can see a droid run Expansion. 

‘These aren’t the droids we’re looking for’

Expansion comes with 4-5 droid tokens.

Taken an incidental action to flip a droid token. 1/5 is the droid you’re looking for. Once found, action to claim it. it reduces your speed by 1.

Whoever has control of the droid at the end of round 6 wins.

This, but including a new Force Power upgrade in the box:

Mind Trick

Discard this upgrade to remove a claimed objective token from an enemy Corps unit within range 2 of you.

Place the removed token on the board at range 2 of you in the unclaimed state.

11 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'd love to see that! Though, I'd prefer if Pilots were their own unit, but whatever gets them here so that I can do linked Legion/X-Wing/Armada play is all good. 

Ah, but you'll also need an Imperial Assault play, once the battle shifts inside of the compound - as is, the rules for moving around a facility and cover don't work all that well yet, but IA does a good job of moving troops around to different specific waypoints.

Then, all of that will be governed by the game of Rebellion you'll have overtop of the rest, determining where you'll be pitching battles and what planet & terrain or sector over which you will be fighting.

5 minutes ago, HelHound said:

This would be great! Maybe a capture the flag game, one token in the middle, you have to capture it and return it to an awaiting “ship” in your starting zone. 

I've glued down an old WOTC SWM Gonk droid to an extra FFG base for this specific purpose. :D

I did my own thing for Imperial Assault. I purchased several WotC Gonk Droids as well as R4 and R5 units for home made skirmishes. I created a 1 x 1 grid and drew droid paths on them at the end of each round the droids were moved 2 to 3 spaces along the path. Based loosely on EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2015 "Droid Run" game. I created custom cards for the droids as well.

6rq59t.jpg

I also did a custom skirmish using a Han Solo in Carbonite from WotC. I created a custom card for Han in Carbonite reducing the holders speed and also giving Han a few hit points.

24bqkxl.jpg

I will be fashioning  something similar for Legion

It could be interesting to have some that could be longer in game turns.

For example something like the Gree Hypergate warzone from SWTOR, where there are two objective areas and a safe zone in the center.

If you have control of one of the objective areas, you get a victory token at the end of the round, at the end of every second round, control resets and everything not in the safe zone either dies, or in Legion, I'd probably go with all of them taking an attack of a black dice. Control is established by being the only one there.

Ones like Alderaan or Novaar would also be interesting with each side having so many points, points are lost at the end of each round by how many of the zones are controlled by the enemy in increasing increments. 3 zones in total, point damage being 1->2->4, and you might have a base of 12 points...game ends at the end of the 6th round or when one side has zero points left. All of your forces gain an ability to spend an action towards taking control. Each zone has 5 control levels, 0 being the baseline, with two points towards either side (a action to reach the first, 2 to reach the second). You need to spend one action to set it to the first, and three (can be split between many units) to reach the second. With the first level of control, it reverts to neutral once you have no units within the zone, with the second, it remains in your control unless the opponent takes it over. You can only shift a neutral to your side if you either outnumber the opponent in the zone, or have exclusive control of it.

I originally created this for the WotC game tonwork on 4 maps put together.  But I think with some easy modifying it could be used in Legion.  Based on Black Hawk Down

ARC 170 down

Setup – 

Republic:  No Jedi, 100 Points + Chancellor Palpatine - starting point, center of maps

Separatist: 1 Unique, rest none unique total 200 points – starting point, in various buildings

Scenario Rules –

Republic – All Republic characters get advantageous cover (+8) All Republic troopers get bodyguard.

Night Fall - after round 5 visibility is limited to 8

Separatists – Round 5, 20points of non-unique reinforcements

Round 10- 2 Hail Fire Droids

Round 15 – 20 Points of non-unique reinforcements

Victory Objectives –

Republic - At least one Republic Soldier and Palpatine must make it to extraction zone by the end of round 20. Extraction ship shows up on round 20.

Separatist – Wipe out all Republic characters

Edited by azavander