Jump to content
Marinealver

R2-D2 might have a way to get infinite regen in 2nd eddition

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

R2d2 is charge, not force 

Doesn't come back without the little arrow icon next to the number (dengar has, r2d2 does not) 

Fate of energy in 2.0 is uncertain. Might just become charge and only huge ships could Regen em

I’m guessing the light purple color is code for “recurring” token.

30 minutes ago, General Kenobi's Chicken said:

I was freed weeks ago from this clustercuss.

if your “free” then go, shoo. Begone!

1 hour ago, tsondaboy said:

Dont worry, its not going to be long before we get a recharge upgrade in one of the future waves so that they get you buy again a ship you already have 3-4 from 1.0.

They have already said we will not need to repurchase old ships for upgrades or pilots and that there will be conversion kits for anything they add past wave 1

There will be entirely new ships however and yeah I imagine there will be some cool cards In There because that’s something we all want to be in there. 

So shoo! No one is trying to steal your lunch money, stop acting like jilted lovers and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, if energy is not stored directly on the card that uses it, any ship that can equip "elusive" and "R2-D2" has infinite Regen but linked to red maneuvers instead of green, get weapons disable token and limits your talent selection. I think I can live with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

By the way, if energy is not stored directly on the card that uses it, any ship that can equip "elusive" and "R2-D2" has infinite Regen but linked to red maneuvers instead of green, get weapons disable token and limits your talent selection. I think I can live with that.

Charges are most certainly stored on the specific cards that grant them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could always kidnap my dog and hold it for ransom. 

We have already seen that they added the wave 1 goodies in special bags into the conversion kits. They already have some kind of plan and means to exicute on the upgrade path. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder if the Epic energy mechanic will be replaced with Charges, and Epic ships' main ability will be to hold and generate charges the way they currently do energy, and distribute them among equipped upgrades the same way.

That would be a super elegant way of unifying the epic and standard game, and not needing epics to have a whole class of extra stuff just to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

I do wonder if the Epic energy mechanic will be replaced with Charges, and Epic ships' main ability will be to hold and generate charges the way they currently do energy, and distribute them among equipped upgrades the same way.

That would be a super elegant way of unifying the epic and standard game, and not needing epics to have a whole class of extra stuff just to play.

I did a thread in the epic forum that suggested just that (and a few other changes).  It would be a nice way to unify the mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not be surprised if they replaced Epic Energy with standard Charges per card and each ship is able to regenerate a number of charges per turn. 

So you move and are given four charges, to which you allocate to your teams, weapons, etc just like you used to. I also wouldn't be surprised if they removed Reinforce in favor of Brace and changed Coordinate to something like "Squadron Command" so they can be unique action. 

Brace could be spend a token to remove all damage but one from an attack, but only possible if you have shields. Squadron Command could be a range 0 - 2 action that enables a ship to activate i.e move and perform an action at the initiative step of the Epic ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

I would not be surprised if they replaced Epic Energy with standard Charges per card and each ship is able to regenerate a number of charges per turn. 

So you move and are given four charges, to which you allocate to your teams, weapons, etc just like you used to. I also wouldn't be surprised if they removed Reinforce in favor of Brace and changed Coordinate to something like "Squadron Command" so they can be unique action. 

Brace could be spend a token to remove all damage but one from an attack, but only possible if you have shields. Squadron Command could be a range 0 - 2 action that enables a ship to activate i.e move and perform an action at the initiative step of the Epic ship. 

To piggy back off of what you say I can also see a new Energy system using charges. Energy would be how much you gain and 2.0 huge ship dials will have energy cost with the standard drifting speed (straight  2 for CR-90 straight 1 for everything else) be 0. In 1.0 energy came from the dial to the card to the upgrades. I can see Charges coming from the engineering section card through the maneuver dial and then to the upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...