Autosketch

Creating B-Wing art: "Enemy ships in Sector 47!"

here's the process I use to get to linework. I smudge over some rough shapes of darkness to get a feeling for where I might want forms, then I start working in lines. A lot of this is just redrawing bits of cool looking things off references. This stage things change a lot and get shuffled around.

lIuBEvu.jpg

I must say this is fantastic stuff. I saw your Interceptor art thread and I think it’s awesome. You should try doing this for FFG, assuming you aren’t already. If you’re interested I can connect you with them. Just let me know.

3 hours ago, citruscannon said:

here's the process I use to get to linework. I smudge over some rough shapes of darkness to get a feeling for where I might want forms, then I start working in lines. A lot of this is just redrawing bits of cool looking things off references. This stage things change a lot and get shuffled around.

lIuBEvu.jpg

I just gave you your 2,000th “like” for this post. You’re welcome. 

giphy.gif

Your interceptor art was just amazing. I cannot wait to see how this turns out! I may need to get this one printed professionally when it is finished!

Btw, which pilot do you anticipate using this art for?

Edited by GLEXOR

7 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

I just gave you your 2,000th “like” for this post. You’re welcome. 

giphy.gif

Palpatine singing:

"What can I say, except 'you're welcome', for the TIEs that fly through space
What can I say, except 'you're welcome', for an Empire made of just the human race!"

7 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Your last piece is my new desktop background.  Awesome work.  I like the moisture cavitation being created by the Interceptor in the background.  Attention to detail :)

Looking forward to seeing how this one develops :)

"Target of Opportunity" became my FB cover image yesterday.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Palpatine singing:

"What can I say, except 'you're welcome', for the TIEs that fly through space
What can I say, except 'you're welcome', for an Empire made of just the human race!"

I see your Palpatine and raise you Luke Skywalker (this is actually pretty dang funny):

lines are just about there. I have to decide on cast shadows. I think I've got rim lighting from the explosion behind, but then other than that there's a soft blue glow from the right from endor. I'll drop this in as greyscale shadows next, throw in a few lines for the ships, then start putting in base colours.

MjOR3GK.jpg