Sign in to follow this  
Chudley

Conversion Kits.

I have been reading these forums since the 2.0 announcement and have noticed the whole gambit of emotions about the upgrade. I’ve seen the worst, dumbest, and best in people. It’s been like watching people recovering from a major psychological blow. Now, if anybody can say to me that they think the conversion kit is not value for money after watching the unboxing; you really need to have a good hard look at yourself. I  am seriously pumped to get my copy of the Core Set and conversion kit. X-Wing is dead, long live X-Wing!!

1 hour ago, Chudley said:

Now, if anybody can say to me that they think the conversion kit is not value for money after watching the unboxing; you really need to have a good hard look at yourself. I  am seriously pumped to get my copy of the Core Set and conversion kit. X-Wing is dead, long live X-Wing!!

That is a bold statement to make. Almost thoughtless, but maybe the conversion kits fit your collection nicely, so you do not care about others.

I just got my first 1.0 models recently, and I only have 14 newly acquired ships, so the conversion kits might not be the best choice for me. Of the 14 models I have, six are from two 1.0 core sets - four tie-fighters and two x-wings. The other eight models are various Rebel and Empire ships from wave I to IV. Getting one conversion kit each of Rebel and Empire might be an overkill. However, the extra parts I get might be able to help someone that has a very large collection.

3 hours ago, Chudley said:

I have been reading these forums since the 2.0 announcement and have noticed the whole gambit of emotions about the upgrade. I’ve seen the worst, dumbest, and best in people. It’s been like watching people recovering from a major psychological blow. Now, if anybody can say to me that they think the conversion kit is not value for money after watching the unboxing; you really need to have a good hard look at yourself. I  am seriously pumped to get my copy of the Core Set and conversion kit. X-Wing is dead, long live X-Wing!!

Well, keep in mind some of the people here have been playing for 5 years. That's a lot of emotional investment, and as such there can be a corollary amount of grief. Also, these people have sunk a great deal of money into the game over that time, and some have very large collections. It could require a significant investment to be able to field them. It also doesn't look like there are any "conversion boosters", so someone with 6-7 TIEs would need 2 kits to play them. 

That being said, there are ways to deal with it. They could find friends whose numbers compliment theirs, and split the cost of additional kits, or get their overflows through online secondary providers (ebay, amazon, etc.). I personally have 5 defenders, and yes I have played games with them all (Epic). I also have more bombers than the kit provides for. So, I'll need to figure out what I'm doing to accommodate my supply beyond what the kit covers. However, I'm just excited that the game seems to be coming back to what it was when I first picked it up...... dis gunn' be fun.

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

It also doesn't look like there are any "conversion boosters", so someone with 6-7 TIEs would need 2 kits to play them. 

Actually, you should probably watch the video again. They did mention mini boosters, just not how the distribution or content  will work out. I believe it will only be a pilot upgrade kit. Not dials, but they didn’t show all the content. 

3 hours ago, Chudley said:

Actually, you should probably watch the video again. They did mention mini boosters, just not how the distribution or content  will work out. I believe it will only be a pilot upgrade kit. Not dials, but they didn’t show all the content. 

I didn't watch it, unboxings bug the heck out of me. I just looked at the grabs after.

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Well, keep in mind some of the people here have been playing for 5 years. That's a lot of emotional investment, and as such there can be a corollary amount of grief. Also, these people have sunk a great deal of money into the game over that time, and some have very large collections. It could require a significant investment to be able to field them. It also doesn't look like there are any "conversion boosters", so someone with 6-7 TIEs would need 2 kits to play them. 

That being said, there are ways to deal with it. They could find friends whose numbers compliment theirs, and split the cost of additional kits, or get their overflows through online secondary providers (ebay, amazon, etc.). I personally have 5 defenders, and yes I have played games with them all (Epic). I also have more bombers than the kit provides for. So, I'll need to figure out what I'm doing to accommodate my supply beyond what the kit covers. However, I'm just excited that the game seems to be coming back to what it was when I first picked it up...... dis gunn' be fun.

This kind of baffles me.

People like me with large collections needed 2x of each kit are getting quite the deal. I am paying about what I pay for 1x wave release to update the entire game to 2.0

The people I feel for are those with very very small collections (i am talking 10 ship collections) the kits are a lot rougher on them. I hope to be able to sell some of the extras from my second kits to those people.

6 minutes ago, Icelom said:

This kind of baffles me.

People like me with large collections needed 2x of each kit are getting quite the deal. I am paying about what I pay for 1x wave release to update the entire game to 2.0

The people I feel for are those with very very small collections (i am talking 10 ship collections) the kits are a lot rougher on them. I hope to be able to sell some of the extras from my second kits to those people.

Well congratulations, this means that you have the ability to not immediately get hurt about stuff. Thank you for existing.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Well congratulations, this means that you have the ability to not immediately get hurt about stuff. Thank you for existing.

You are welcome?

Not sure what you are upset about but I like being thanked for things so I will take it.

5 minutes ago, Icelom said:

You are welcome?

Not sure what you are upset about but I like being thanked for things so I will take it.

I'm not upset about anything. Why would you think I was? Did I come across as sarcastic? That happens sometimes...

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'm not upset about anything. Why would you think I was? Did I come across as sarcastic? That happens sometimes...

a little, text is not a good form of communication :)

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

This kind of baffles me.

Core set has 2 ties, Imp conversion comes with stuff for 4. Its super easy to get 6 ties. 

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

Thanks, dude. ?