Sign in to follow this  
thespaceinvader

PSA: so they nerfed your favourite ship

9 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

I don't know if HLCs will be nearly as viable anymore with the Bullseye only.  Even running Ion cannons seems hit or miss, as you need a minimum of two hits to get through to get even the limited form of Ion control 2.0 is offering. 

7 minutes ago, Brianish said:

On the other hand, HLCs are now WAY more dangerous to ye olde large and (eventually) huge ships. As they should be. 

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking.  It's not an every time thing, but with large ships you'll know the general area, and can force a boost out of bullseye.

7 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

My favorite ship was buffed to no end, with only minor nerfs (YT-2400.)

Dash is now the equivalent of ps8, no more donut hole (he gets to roll 'only' 3 dice at range one,) and his pilot ability and dial are unchanged. And he can actually land crits now!

Yeah, the PWT is no longer omnidirectional and the BR is a red maneuver, but I feel like these are fair trade-offs. With gunner Luke and maybe Expert Handling, he'll still be a real monster.

Then you find out it costs 182 points to kit out your buffed ship, can't fit anything else with it and decide to take an 18 point bid.  I doubt it's that much but without knowing the cost, it's really hard to say one way or the other 

15 minutes ago, Rodafowa said:

Unless I missed it, there’s no mention of a V1 title equivalent for the TIE Advanced Prototype. Which is fine, assuming a fairly serious cost reduction, though I did quite like the quirk of Target Lock and Evade being tied together. 

I really wish The TAP had a TL > Red Evade linked action.  It's just so iconic to the character of the ship in 1E that I wish it'd been kept in some way.   I think the new version looks great, but still.  So far, there isn't really a single 2E thing which irks me on a power-level, but a few on thematic levels.

New yt2400 is fine

People are ridiculously underestimating how much worse a non-360 not-brainless turret is than its 1.0 counterpart especially considering it doesn't get full mods

...unless it gets luke gunner. Whoever designed that needs to be strapped down, clock work orange style , and made to watch prequels on loop until they can communicate only through memes 

3 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

What makes you think the YT-2400 has a gunner slot??

And what makes you think that even if it does, FFG won't take it away?

Based on the fact that the 2400 is a descendant of the 1300, which has 2 crew and 1 gunner slot, and it has massive, swiveling guns?

And I don't understand your second question. If there's a question of balance, I'm fairly certain FFG will attempt to balance something with points before doing something as drastic as cutting slots.

14 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

New yt2400 is fine

People are ridiculously underestimating how much worse a non-360 not-brainless turret is than its 1.0 counterpart especially considering it doesn't get full mods

...unless it gets luke gunner. Whoever designed that needs to be strapped down, clock work orange style , and made to watch prequels on loop until they can communicate only through memes 

The fact that PTL and likely Lone Wolf does not exist is a huge loss to Dash.  By everything they've shown us, he gets one action a turn.  Lone Wolf Dash was not hard to kill when he was out of Rey stack and Glitterstim, and this one will be even easier. 

4 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

The fact that PTL and likely Lone Wolf does not exist is a huge loss to Dash.  By everything they've shown us, he gets one action a turn.  Lone Wolf Dash was not hard to kill when he was out of Rey stack and Glitterstim, and this one will be even easier. 

Dash can't even get predator

Bullseye only, baby!

33 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

Based on the fact that the 2400 is a descendant of the 1300, which has 2 crew and 1 gunner slot, and it has massive, swiveling guns?

Ah, so you don't actually know then.  You're just guessing.  Did you also take into account that the 1st Edition YT-2400 had less crew slots than the YT-1300 when you made that assumption?

7 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

33 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Dash can't even get predator

Bullseye only, baby!

I think this is why they felt ok giving it the 4 dice attack. No action stack, and easier to land hits might keep it in line. 

1 hour ago, DarkArk said:

Given that HLC is bullseye only now, for some godforsaken reason, yeah my HLC Rhos aren't going to be a thing in 2.0. I've played enough Kimogila to know that you can't rely on lining that up for your main damage.

Honestly, overall, I wasn't that impressed with what I saw yesterday. Too many bad cards and pilots, which in a game where you can adjust points on the fly there really is no excuse for. Everything should be at least usable and decent.

You're right, most things are worse than the best stuff in 1.0. 

This is the new power level of X-wing. 

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Ah, so you don't actually know then.  You're just guessing.  Did you also take into account that the 1st Edition YT-2400 had less crew slots than the YT-1300 when you made that assumption?

I consider it a 'logical conclusion.' My guess is one crew, one gunner. It fits the lore and thematics of a smaller, more nimble ship that serves a similar function.

I'm also guessing both YTs will get an illicit slot, a la Smuggling Compartments. Wanna chew me out for that too?

May I ask why you're being so aggressively interrogative? We're just spit-balling here.

Edited by StriderZessei

1 hour ago, Biophysical said:

The fact that PTL and likely Lone Wolf does not exist is a huge loss to Dash. By everything they've shown us, he gets one action a turn.  Lone Wolf Dash was not hard to kill when he was out of Rey stack and Glitterstim, and this one will be even easier. 

I bet Lone Wolf is still in the game, but the points might be increased. And who ran Glitterstim on Dash when Burnout SLAM and Rigged Cargo were available?

Edited by StriderZessei

5 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

I bet Lone Wolf is still in the game, but the points might be increased. And who ran Glitterstim on Dash when Burnout SLAM and Rigged Cargo were available?

I saw Glitterstim all the time.  I think people liked it because it was a little like Timewalk for a turn.  They had to use even less skill to play Dash.

4 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I saw Glitterstim all the time.  I think people liked it because it was a little like Timewalk for a turn.  They had to use even less skill to play Dash.

Your passive-aggressive tone is noted. Considering the best list including a 2400 on MetaWing is 13th (and didn't use any illicits whatsoever), I find it a bit silly, but whatever.

Actually they haven't nerfed my favorite ship...yet. Unfortunately I won't get to play with my TIE Silencers in 2.0 till they release the conversion kit for the First Order. And, yes, I am expecting them to hit Silencers with the nerf bat. How hard? Hopefully not too hard.

7 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Actually they haven't nerfed my favorite ship...yet. Unfortunately I won't get to play with my TIE Silencers in 2.0 till they release the conversion kit for the First Order. And, yes, I am expecting them to hit Silencers with the nerf bat. How hard? Hopefully not too hard.

Why for? They already killed ptl, which was literally the only thing the ship had going for it. It couldn't defensive mod stack and it lived or died based on the positioning high ps allowed it to gain. Sure, its dodginess will probably be akin to the squint now, but to be honest, it seems more like a more nimble defender otherwise.

6 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I just realized Kylo pretty much has to ride on his shuttle now, at least for awhile, does FO have any other crew carriers besides the batwing? I can’t think of any.

Almost a certainty that when Resistance and FO drop for 2.0, they will also release more ships for them at the same time. 

Obviously no guarantee those ships would have a crew slot, but more ships at least brings the possibility. 

12 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I just realized Kylo pretty much has to ride on his shuttle now, at least for awhile, does FO have any other crew carriers besides the batwing? I can’t think of any.

If they release that smaller shuttle from the Last Jedi, perhaps. Don't know much about it thematically,  could be a medium-base light crew carrier.

14 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

I'm hoping the Tie SF gets a crew or at least a gunner slot.