Sign in to follow this  
thespaceinvader

PSA: so they nerfed your favourite ship

My favorite ship was buffed to no end, with only minor nerfs (YT-2400.)

Dash is now the equivalent of ps8, no more donut hole (he gets to roll 'only' 3 dice at range one,) and his pilot ability and dial are unchanged. And he can actually land crits now!

Yeah, the PWT is no longer omnidirectional and the BR is a red maneuver, but I feel like these are fair trade-offs. With gunner Luke and maybe Expert Handling, he'll still be a real monster.

49 minutes ago, digitalbusker said:

4. Are you sure you're not saying "nerf" when you mean "change"?

Yeah you are just right.

So i am very curious about how my favorit ship will fly. Tie/phantom is very different ( seems no better no worse, just different ) ,and I wonder if there will be a tie defender /D. lot of question, can't wait to build some squad.

Edited by player2422845

I mean I lament Talonbane's drop to 5, but let's be honest. He had no business flying with the likes of Soontir Fell and freakin' Vader. On the plus side, I really like what I've seen of most Scum small ships :) Starvipers and Kihraxes will be fun to fly methinks.

3 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

Dash is now the equivalent of ps8, no more donut hole (he gets to roll 'only' 3 dice at range one,) and his pilot ability and dial are unchanged. And he can actually land crits now!

Yeah, the PWT is no longer omnidirectional and the BR is a red maneuver, but I feel like these are fair trade-offs. With gunner Luke and maybe Expert Handling, he'll still be a real monster.

What makes you think the YT-2400 has a gunner slot??

And what makes you think that even if it does, FFG won't take it away?

4 hours ago, StriderZessei said:

Pretty sure it's 2 dice at R1.  It rolls one less AND gets no attack bonus.  

My first original favorite ship was the Y-Wing, changed for the better.

My next favorite ship was the HWK when it was released and now it is much, much better.

My current favorite ship is the Quadjumper, which I feel is very much improved. I rarely used the 1 reverse and I am excited for the 2 reverse. Plus, with the change to Unkar and tractor beam tokens, he gets a free barrel roll when bumping with a minor cost of loosing 1 defense dice.

1 hour ago, Kilrex said:

My current favorite ship is the Quadjumper, which I feel is very much improved. I rarely used the 1 reverse and I am excited for the 2 reverse. Plus, with the change to Unkar and tractor beam tokens, he gets a free barrel roll when bumping with a minor cost of loosing 1 defense dice.

I am very excited about the 2 reverse. Didn’t play a ton with the Quadjumper, but when I did I found it very frustrating to do a 1-Reverse, and then next turn have to do a 2 speed maneuver to clear the stress, ending up farther ahead than I started (at which point the enemy has shot past). This will make it much more of a knife-fighter! 

My favorite ship, the T70, isn't even in this wave. I am really curious to see how it is changed in a flappy s-foils world. I hope they don't take away its natural boost and/or make it the same as the t65 but resistance. 

Yes, I'm very disappointed they nerfed my favorite ship, the TIE/D.  Note I didn't say, Defender, I said TIE/D, which looks like it won't exist.  ****.  On the plus side, the Defender does look good.  Not sure it's good enough, but we'll see. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Yes, I'm very disappointed they nerfed my favorite ship, the TIE/D.  Note I didn't say, Defender, I said TIE/D, which looks like it won't exist.  ****.  On the plus side, the Defender does look good.  Not sure it's good enough, but we'll see. 

I'm holding out hope of some kind of Configuration or Defender only Cannon we haven't yet seen to give a version of the TIE/D ability.  If not, my HLCs will be ready and waiting, unless they killed the whole Cannon slot, then I'll be pretty sad.

Given that HLC is bullseye only now, for some godforsaken reason, yeah my HLC Rhos aren't going to be a thing in 2.0. I've played enough Kimogila to know that you can't rely on lining that up for your main damage.

Honestly, overall, I wasn't that impressed with what I saw yesterday. Too many bad cards and pilots, which in a game where you can adjust points on the fly there really is no excuse for. Everything should be at least usable and decent.

3 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

I'm holding out hope of some kind of Configuration or Defender only Cannon we haven't yet seen to give a version of the TIE/D ability.  If not, my HLCs will be ready and waiting, unless they killed the whole Cannon slot, then I'll be pretty sad.

I don't know if HLCs will be nearly as viable anymore with the Bullseye only.  Even running Ion cannons seems hit or miss, as you need a minimum of two hits to get through to get even the limited form of Ion control 2.0 is offering. 

On the other hand, HLCs are now WAY more dangerous to ye olde large and (eventually) huge ships. As they should be. 

Edit - More dangerous than it is to smaller ships, I should say. Not more dangerous than it used to be. 

Edited by Brianish