Sign in to follow this  
Dengar5

Scum got nerfed hard

Ummm... guys? Are we sure that calculate is worse than focus? Sure. The token is. But lets look at faction identity here. Rebs and imps get quite a few force users. Scum less so. They have illicits and droids.

We just found out there's gonna be force talents. Who's to say there's no "advanced protocol" slot for droids? With options that buffs or interacts with calculate tokens.

Like... i dont know... "targeting calculation": you may spend a calculate token to turn an dyeball into a crit.

Would be nice to further set apart ig lists.

Just now, MaxPower said:

Ummm... guys? Are we sure that calculate is worse than focus? Sure. The token is. But lets look at faction identity here. Rebs and imps get quite a few force users. Scum less so. They have illicits and droids.

We just found out there's gonna be force talents. Who's to say there's no "advanced protocol" slot for droids? With options that buffs or interacts with calculate tokens.

Like... i dont know... "targeting calculation": you may spend a calculate token to turn an dyeball into a crit.

Would be nice to further set apart ig lists.

That is true, we don't know what other interactions there are for calculate at this point.

5 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Personally not a fan of crossfaction ships (distinguished from the Y and Z being in both Rebels and Scum, I mean SPECIFICALLY a scum pilot in another faction's list)

The amount of potential combos would make it a nightmare to balance ?

Perhaps, but then with their new dynamic points costing they can accommodate that :)

10 hours ago, streamdragon said:

Depending on placement, sure.  But that's not something to be relied on.  R3 monsters are a thing, have always been a thing, and probably always will be a thing.

edit: not to mention if she had Focus instead of Calculate, she could theoretically stack 2 focus, which is in every way shape and form superior to a focus and a calculate.

The Range 1 requirement for her ability is not a problem...  At the Pilot Skill she’s been held at.  In v1, Guri was counter-balanced by her low PS of 5.  With Advanced Sensors, she was a complete monster.  Comparatively, she comes away from v2 with a significant buff due to staying at PS 5, and with the Starviper staying as a knife-fighting platform.

Calculate is less useful than Focus, sure...  But generally speaking you should not have been taking Focus actions with Guri in v1.  Unless you were unsure about her position in regards to proximity with other ships.  If you flew her right, ESPECIALLY with Advanced Sensors, she was a goddamned terror who never needed to use a Focus action unless she was S-Looping (and even then I preferred Boost/Roll for the wacky positioning options that usually gave me a Focus).  And let’s not even get into how she was the minute you actually plugged Intensity or Atanni Mindlink into her, neither of which should be making it into v2 without some serious redesign.  

Guri is awesome.  Holding at PS 5  with her pilot ability intact is far more of a buff than Calculate is a nerf.

And before anyone even begins to say “Advanced Sensors got nerfed in v2, by not letting you chain an action...”  Let me start with “who the **** cares!?”.  Starvipers weren’t chaining actions anyways in v1, because Push The Limit was simply not what you should have been putting on them.  Ever.  Advanced Sensors limiting you to one action should not affect someone who is already used to flying a v1 Starviper.   If anything, the ability to chain actions, and the blue 2-speed bank maneuvers for the Starviper, means that you now of a decision to make over chaining actions after maneuvers, or using Advanced Sensors to do your sweet reposition before Manuever.  And in all things X-Wing, I am always in favor of more options!

Edited by It’s One Of Ours

No one's said that. I don't even know of anyone who d run sensors other than the crazy bastard what ran 3 PTL vipers

I'm 2.0 at I 5, guri's ability and predator have you covered for mods just as the phantom covers itself with free evade from outside activation

Sensors away!

Scum got buffed with the ability to take normal astromechs, that include the generic R2 Astromech, allowing for shield regen on Dengar, scurrgs (a new way to reload the bomblet generator), and others.

40 minutes ago, __underscore__ said:

Please, Lone Wolf Advanced Sensor Guri is the truth.

(Though I haven't tried debis gambit yet)

Debris Gambit doesn't seem likely to be that great on Guri, you won't be able to use it and reposition and you need to make use of those repositions.

8 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Debris Gambit doesn't seem likely to be that great on Guri, you won't be able to use it and reposition and you need to make use of those repositions.

While this is true, part of me feels like I should at least attempt to vary my favourite build of the past... errr... 3 years. I tend to add Slicer Tools these days, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, __underscore__ said:

Please, Lone Wolf Advanced Sensor Guri is the truth.

(Though I haven't tried debis gambit yet)

My favorite is sensor jammer predator.... Kinda started being less good when expertise started showing up everywhere.