Sign in to follow this  
Dengar5

Scum got nerfed hard

5 minutes ago, Icelom said:

Yes in a Vacuum calculate is worse, however, Guri does not exist in a vacuum and she is now much better. As an avid guri pilot, a am so pumped for her buff.

In 1.0 guri loved to reposition as her action to get that range one bonus however her green moves were so bad you could not reliably take PTL so she was left with the reposition + the focus from her ability. In 2.0 they gave the starviper 2x more blue maneuvers in the form of 2 banks and a built-in ptl for maneuvering, this is massive as you can use the linked actions to get your calculate and do your repositioning (without having to use your talent slot to do so) and you have more ways to kill that stress if you need to, with an open talent slot to boot. Ending with just a better Guri overall, sure calculate is worse then focus, but Guri never took the focus action anyways, in 2.0 at least I can get a calculate off my reposition if I want to.

For me, Guri saw a major buff in 2.0 and I am pumped to fly her.

And on top of all of that, she’s higher relative initiative now, so she gets to take better advantage of that repositioning. I can’t wait to fly her in 2e. Only down side is that you can’t linked action off of advanced sensors

5 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

*Dash* was always assumed to equip hav and the title. And generally Leebo. Personally I’ve flown eaden vrill quite a bit (and if he returns, he won’t have the same ability anymore). Another local was flying a tractor outrider for a while even. 

Man, imagine if Vrill sticks and has the same ability. 5 dice turret, away we go! Haha.

4 hours ago, streamdragon said:

This is like the most disingenuous way to make this argument there is.  "It's not as good as these other things that it's no longer related to, and it's loses more".

It's still a 4 die attack that "drops" to 3 dice instead of 5 at R1, where it previously COULD NOT ATTACK AT ALL.  That's a huge buff, since the old method for dealing with this ship was the Doughnut Hole.  Now you're getting 3 red in your face, in a double mobile arc.  How is that not really buffed?

Yes, it used to have a range one donut hole.  Now, it only has 180 degrees of firing arc at any one time.  The amount of area the YT-2400's guns can cover in 2nd Edition is much lower than it used to be.

8 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Yes, it used to have a range one donut hole.  Now, it only has 180 degrees of firing arc at any one time.  The amount of area the YT-2400's guns can cover in 2nd Edition is much lower than it used to be.

Along with every other PWT. Bringing that up is like saying: Fighting in rain is unfair, because You don't see as well as everyone else... 

You are answering a comment about the futility of comparing things to 1.0, with the answer: "Compared to first edition, ....."

Duh... That is the point. Everyone is in the rain. 

Guri’s awesome now.  She is going to be a goddamned monster, even with the thematic Calculate option, at Initiative 5.  If she can have Advanced Sensors still, then she’s going to be absolutely crazy!  

The Scyk has the Heavy title baked-in.  I do not see this as bad, especially if we end up with the Light Scyk option.  

And the HWK is awesome now.

Edited by It’s One Of Ours

On 5/19/2018 at 1:26 PM, Dengar5 said:

StarVipers thankfully keep their 1 bank barrel rolls & gain blue 2 banks... but there are many many downers for Scum today.

• Jumpmaster major nerf, single arc turret, NO WHITE RIGHT TURNS, best actions are red, Shadow Caster title only adds die in primary arc & removes crew slot, the only worse dial is lambda
  • ShadowCaster major nerf, 2-attack mobile arc & the only flip maneuver is still 5 k-turn
  • These ships are now effectively front arc only ships!
  1. G1-A dial gets even worse!, in addition to medium base disadvantage
  2. Scurrg dial is nerfed, in addition to medium base disadvantage, + red barrel roll, doesn't have reload action like ALL the other bombers
  3. Kimogila medium base disadvantage, + red barrel roll
  4. M3-A Interceptor nerf, losing the blue 2-banks to gain 5 straight is a bad trade, ion cannon is nerfed, no light scyk option
  5. TalonBane Cobra nerf, I5 instead of expected I6, no linked actions
  6. Guri is nerfed because calculate < focus, but will be MORE expensive because I5
  7. Dace Bonearm pilot ability doesn't do damage & only affects medium & large ships
  8. Asajj pilot ability nerfed
  9. Jabba the Hutt crew is still terrible & Dengar crew is terrible
  10. No good crew, therefore Bossk is terrible ?
  11. Scum has no support options which Rebels & now Imperials get tons of

Why do Rebels get TWO 4-attack turret ships? Why does the defender get another shield? It is now way better than IG-88. The U-wing is better than most Scum medium base ships. X-wing > Kihraxz. Dash doesn't have a donut hole anymore. At least Miranda is nerfed into obscurity. Don't worry regen fanatics, Norra Wexley with R2-D2 will take over that position.

Seriously, could you make a post that ISN'T an unreasonable whine based on incomplete information? Please?

Image result for stop it star wars gif

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, Commander Kaine said:

All these ships got nerfed because they were above the power curve of 2.0. you are crying about the unfair content you were getting up until now. 

but now..

giphy.gif

How do you like them apples?

M3-A Interceptor, Talonbane Cobra, and Guri we all above the power curve?  Really?

I'm withholding judgement until I see more (including points), but he's not only talking about ships that were OTT in 1e.

9 minutes ago, elfholme said:

M3-A Interceptor, Talonbane Cobra, and Guri we all above the power curve?  Really?

I'm withholding judgement until I see more (including points), but he's not only talking about ships that were OTT in 1e.

Guri got boosted pretty hard... along with all the starvipers.

9 minutes ago, elfholme said:

Guri was buffed, not nerfed. I can’t wait to try her out. M3As were only nerfed if you were flying light sycks and we don’t get a configuration to give us the option in 2e. TBC lost a point of initiative but his chassis and ability were both buffed

8 hours ago, It’s One Of Ours said:

The Scyk has the Heavy title baked-in.  I do not see this as bad, especially if we end up with the Light Scyk option.

Sadly there will be no light Scyk ? it was mentioned during the unboxing, I think. Apparently light Scyks are too similar to naked Z-95s.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:52 AM, Vineheart01 said:

Oh and let me bring to light the biggest thing Scum did NOT get nerfed with:

THEY DIDNT LOSE ANY FREAKING SHIPS!

Both rebels and empire lost a LOT of ships because of the stupid faction split and Scum took our split-faction ships. I'm actually pissed i cant fly imp firespray now that it finally got buffed.

I’d like a card like in Imperial Assault to include a S&V ship in your Rebel or Imperial squadron.

1 hour ago, mazz0 said:

I’d like a card like in Imperial Assault to include a S&V ship in your Rebel or Imperial squadron.

That would be a thematic addition, I like it

4 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

Having Calculate instead of Focus is, so far, a complete nerf.  It's 100% an inferior action on its own, and Guri has (that we have seen) no way to stack Calculate tokens.  So in that regard, it's pretty inarguably a nerf.

I'd assume that ships with calculate instead of focus are cheaper.   

7 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

Having Calculate instead of Focus is, so far, a complete nerf.  It's 100% an inferior action on its own, and Guri has (that we have seen) no way to stack Calculate tokens.  So in that regard, it's pretty inarguably a nerf.

But, she can still get a focus...

Cheaper than what though?  If there was a 100% equivalent pilot (there's not) in a 100% equivalent ship (there's not), then saying "it's cheaper" might be useful.  But there's not, and so it's not.  I also don't really care if my "cheaper" pilot is constantly getting blown out of the sky/space because she has the worst of all mechanics.  Not as good as focus, almost as good as Force except Force ships ALSO can Focus.

1 minute ago, Sithborg said:

But, she can still get a focus...

Depending on placement, sure.  But that's not something to be relied on.  R3 monsters are a thing, have always been a thing, and probably always will be a thing.

edit: not to mention if she had Focus instead of Calculate, she could theoretically stack 2 focus, which is in every way shape and form superior to a focus and a calculate.

Edited by streamdragon

3 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

Cheaper than what though?  If there was a 100% equivalent pilot (there's not) in a 100% equivalent ship (there's not), then saying "it's cheaper" might be useful.  But there's not, and so it's not.  I also don't really care if my "cheaper" pilot is constantly getting blown out of the sky/space because she has the worst of all mechanics.  Not as good as focus, almost as good as Force except Force ships ALSO can Focus.

Cheaper than other ships of the class. You kind of have throw out the old formula for cost. Higher init ships could theoretically be cheaper than lower init ships, depending on a lot of factors. 

31 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

By cheaper, I mean discount, so she doesn’t have to be 100% equivalent, she just has to come at a discount of some kind.   For example, maybe she’s very close in cost a Xizor despite a higher Init.

My point being that it’s absolutely obvious to everyone that calaulate is inferior, so there needs to be a benefit or trade-off for that somewhere and I assume it’s in whatever cost formula they use, or the trade off is her increased initiative that makes her much better at using those linked actions to end in a position to get a focus+calculate.  It seems that  more than one token is going to be rare so an ability like hers is a big deal.

Edited by AlexW

On 5/19/2018 at 11:26 AM, Dengar5 said:

StarVipers thankfully keep their 1 bank barrel rolls & gain blue 2 banks... but there are many many downers for Scum today.

•  
  • ?
  •  

thats all good and how much are you giving your ships away for free

2 hours ago, streamdragon said:

Well no,

As a Guri player in 1.0 i took a focus action like maybe once a game? the huge buff to guri is the linked actions and the blue 2 banks that were added. Generally speaking with Guri i was doing a repositing action every turn to dodge arcs and get that range one for her ability, unfortunately, her dial was not usable with PTL so I was getting one action every turn. 2.0 Guri gets to link to calculate for more mods and can afford to do that since she now has 2 banks that are blue to clear the stress from the linked action.

Sure if you look only at the focus being changed to a calculate its worse.... but Guri is not worse because she almost never used the focus action to begin with and usually the only time I did was if I was running predator (so a target lock was redundant) and in a good spot without repositioning and probably 90%+ of the time I did that the second focus was never used anyways. 

I can just assume you never really flew Guri, trust me this is a large buff for her being able to get that calculate token of the linked action if you can, sure her blues are not awesome still but you now have the option to do it in 1.0 you would never have because it would be a giant waste to take PTL. Not to mention she can actually deal with stress now, those sloops get alot more forgiving with the 2 bank blues next turn and she is not hard shut down by stress ships anymore. You really can't underestimate how much of a buff the dial change is to the starviper and how much of a buff having those linked actions is.

Guri is one of the pilots I am most excited about in 2.0 she is going to be a beast if she is in the same price range as 1.0.

Edit: I also forgot the I5 buff for guri, thats also massive allowing her to more easily proc her ability.

Edited by Icelom

2 hours ago, streamdragon said:

As @Icelom you rarely actually take the focus action on guri anyway. The slight nerf from focus to calculate (and how often do you spend a focus to change one eyeball anyway?  It’s pretty common) is far outweighed by al the buffs. I5 for guri is a HUGE buff, as are extra blues and linked actions. 

Im just holding out hope they make the system slot part of the chassis and let virago so something else if they want to keep it in...

I also would not be at all surprised to see droid only upgrades (require the calculate action on your bar).  Maybe they give an upgrade that only works on droids and lets you get extra calculate tokens