Sign in to follow this  
Dengar5

Scum got nerfed hard

13 minutes ago, nexttwelveexits said:

[citation needed]

Take your pick of the last 7 or so waves of 1.0. 

FFG doesn't have a very good track record with properly costing stuff for X-wing. It's pretty likely that at release power will be all over the place (just like a regular 1.0 wave) . Some things will dominate, others will be useless, a bunch of stuff will be in the middle. It's also likely however that, due to the app, they will respond to issues much faster than before. 

Edited by LordBlades

1 minute ago, LordBlades said:

Take your pick of the last 7 or so waves of 1.0. 

FFG doesn't have a very good track record with properly costing stuff for X-wing. It's pretty likely that at release power will be all over the place (just like a regular 1.0 wave) . Some things will dominate, others will be useless, a bunch of stuff will be in the middle dkr. It's also likely however that, due to the app, they will respond to issues much faster than before. 

The joke was that the person in question is claiming absolute knowledge of the state of the game that he clearly cannot have. Unless perhaps he is one of the designers and he intentionally massively overpriced his favorite ship for reasons that are currently unclear

2 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

The knee jerk reaction is seeing two similar-ish ships (JM5K & YT-2400) getting different 2.0 treatments. One getting hit hard by the nerf hammer and the other getting 2 additional attack die.

But without points who knows. At 40 points the new JM5K would be way too efficent. And at 100 points the YT-2400 might be nicely balanced. But these are now distinctly different ships when before they both 2 attack turret, 2 agility beefy ships.

They didn't even really buff the YT2400 that much. It was always assumed to equip the HLC. Now HLC requires a bullseye line up which the YT2400 doesnt even have as a mobile arc weapon. The only buff is the YT2400 can make attacks at r1 now, losing two dice over other ships to do so.

1 hour ago, beowolf777 said:

My wife had looked over my shoulder when reading about 3 JM5K dominating the tournament scene and surprised me with a 3rd one. She said that she wanted me to go and play at our FLGS. I couldn't tell her that I didn't want to be "that guy".

The phenomenon you describe was actually a big part of my decision not to get involved in the competitive scene. Some here may find this hard to understand, but the Jumpmaster is one of my favourite Star Wars ships; it has a quirky charm that has always just appealed to me. When I learned Contracted Scout was a strong choice in X-Wing, I was initially elated: a ship I liked had a competitive generic (I prefer playing generics as I like to hang my own stories on my pilots). That elation soon faded once the hate began and because I didn't want to be treated as "that guy" for turning up at a local games night with such a maligned ship, my enthusiasm for going at all waned.

Don't get me wrong...I understand why people hate the JM. It was significantly undercosted and dominated the competitive scene for far too long. I had hoped that 2.0 would allow a fresh start, but from what I've read on this forum, it seems that the old grudges are just going to transition across.

41 minutes ago, Dobbs Mottley said:

I had hoped that 2.0 would allow a fresh start, but from what I've read on this forum, it seems that the old grudges are just going to transition across.

No worries, as soon as 2.0 has been out for a bit, I'm pretty sure the old grudges will be forgotten and replaced by brand new grudges :)

56 minutes ago, All Shields Forward said:

They didn't even really buff the YT2400 that much. It was always assumed to equip the HLC. Now HLC requires a bullseye line up which the YT2400 doesnt even have as a mobile arc weapon. The only buff is the YT2400 can make attacks at r1 now, losing two dice over other ships to do so.

Outrider was unique, now all YT-2400s are HLC Outriders and have a three dice range one attack. And while many turrets have become single arc, they have double arc, they also have a white rotate arc action while other ships have it as red only.

So as a ship type it has certainly been buffed, in multiple ways. And the adhusting required to "2.0" it, has been much lighter than for other ships.

Hence it is likely to receive a hefty points increase.

48 minutes ago, Dobbs Mottley said:

The phenomenon you describe was actually a big part of my decision not to get involved in the competitive scene. Some here may find this hard to understand, but the Jumpmaster is one of my favourite Star Wars ships; it has a quirky charm that has always just appealed to me. When I learned Contracted Scout was a strong choice in X-Wing, I was initially elated: a ship I liked had a competitive generic (I prefer playing generics as I like to hang my own stories on my pilots). That elation soon faded once the hate began and because I didn't want to be treated as "that guy" for turning up at a local games night with such a maligned ship, my enthusiasm for going at all waned.

Don't get me wrong...I understand why people hate the JM. It was significantly undercosted and dominated the competitive scene for far too long. I had hoped that 2.0 would allow a fresh start, but from what I've read on this forum, it seems that the old grudges are just going to transition across.

There is a massive difference to flying a ship you like and showing up with a top meta netlist of that ship. 

also, I am sure your group would not have been mad at you, people flew them here locally and no one was mad at anyone for doing it. I did not hold any punches against someone flying a powerhouse netlist (normally if you do something stupid I let you correct it, had a dengar-manaroo player accidentally misjudge and fly off the board with manaroo on turn 2 and did not let them correct it, fly a list you found on the internet to win at all costs then don't expect me to let you get away with anything), however i was never mad that someone wanted to fly the ship or even the netlist. Everyone should be allowed and welcomed flying anything they want.

1 hour ago, All Shields Forward said:

*Dash* was always assumed to equip hav and the title. And generally Leebo. Personally I’ve flown eaden vrill quite a bit (and if he returns, he won’t have the same ability anymore). Another local was flying a tractor outrider for a while even. 

1 hour ago, All Shields Forward said:

This is like the most disingenuous way to make this argument there is.  "It's not as good as these other things that it's no longer related to, and it's loses more".

It's still a 4 die attack that "drops" to 3 dice instead of 5 at R1, where it previously COULD NOT ATTACK AT ALL.  That's a huge buff, since the old method for dealing with this ship was the Doughnut Hole.  Now you're getting 3 red in your face, in a double mobile arc.  How is that not really buffed?

15 hours ago, madquest8 said:

The unboxing served only one purpose. It's 1.0 for life now. EVERYTHING has been nerfed to OBLIVION. So utterly disappointing, every ship you loved is destroyed. All the fun extracted from the game AND they want you to pay for the privilege of playing with wrecked ships. I feel sorry for anyone who buys into 2.0

I love the interceptor and the punisher and they seem.better than before...

2 minutes ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

Guri is I5 in a game where most thing will be lower. In most cases, she will have a focus and calculate tokens.  Feels like a bump upward to me. 

It's lateral

Calculate is objectively worse focus, guri does not get ig-88 ability to make it better

So they gave her higher initiative, because they could afford to after nerfing her focus

Ability is fine and all, but it is very limited. Better now at higher I, but still limited 

So, in theory, she gets calculate so that they can balance out higher initiative for her cost 

6 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

It's lateral

Calculate is objectively worse focus, guri does not get ig-88 ability to make it better

So they gave her higher initiative, because they could afford to after nerfing her focus

Ability is fine and all, but it is very limited. Better now at higher I, but still limited 

So, in theory, she gets calculate so that they can balance out higher initiative for her cost 

Calculate is worse in a vacuum. It is quite possible there will be talent upgrades that improve calculate, as the devs have stated calculate stacking is much easier than focus stacking.

20 minutes ago, Commander Kaine said:

Wave 8 and onwards? 

As the totally overpowered W8 G1A, W10 Quadjumper, W12 Kimogila clearly show. They absolutely rule the competitive scene.

Nym mostly shows up as Rebel. Fang fighters shone rather short time, and mostly Fenn only.

Almost all Scum small ships always mostly (some actually totally) sucked in the game. Latest with Mindlink nerf they disappeared. There are a few good large base ships (Brobots, the totally broken JM5K, Lancer).

And its pretty funny, Scum was definitely not fairing well the last few months - some 15-20% list participation, abysmal low number getting wins in Swiss, or beware cut. STILL NO WHINING HERE. 

2.0 announced, within 2 days we had some 5 Imperial whining threads:

"I see no video with TIEs winning", "the advanced is bad and DOA" "Vader is not getting what he deserves" blabla. All pretty unsubstantiated, as we then even knew lees than now. 

We have now this thread with the OP having similarly unsubstantiated assumptions (the vital and crucial points values and number of upgrade slots are still UNKNOWN), and it gets the full hate. With lots of likes on the hate posts from well known Imperial whiners.

Man, FFG did the S&V faction such a disservice with the stupid JM5K.

People, let the past die! The other Sum ships do not deserve such a hate.

17 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

It's lateral

9 minutes ago, Squark said:

Calculate is worse in a vacuum. It is quite possible there will be talent upgrades that improve calculate, as the devs have stated calculate stacking is much easier than focus stacking.

Yes in a Vacuum calculate is worse, however, Guri does not exist in a vacuum and she is now much better. As an avid guri pilot, a am so pumped for her buff.

In 1.0 guri loved to reposition as her action to get that range one bonus however her green moves were so bad you could not reliably take PTL so she was left with the reposition + the focus from her ability. In 2.0 they gave the starviper 2x more blue maneuvers in the form of 2 banks and a built-in ptl for maneuvering, this is massive as you can use the linked actions to get your calculate and do your repositioning (without having to use your talent slot to do so) and you have more ways to kill that stress if you need to, with an open talent slot to boot. Ending with just a better Guri overall, sure calculate is worse then focus, but Guri never took the focus action anyways, in 2.0 at least I can get a calculate off my reposition if I want to.

For me, Guri saw a major buff in 2.0 and I am pumped to fly her.

8 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

As the totally overpowered W8 G1A, W10 Quadjumper, W12 Kimogila clearly show. They absolutely rule the competitive scene.

Nym mostly shows up as Rebel. Fang fighters shone rather short time, and mostly Fenn only.

Almost all Scum small ships always mostly (some actually totally) sucked in the game. Latest with Mindlink nerf they disappeared. There are a few good large base ships (Brobots, the totally broken JM5K, Lancer).

And its pretty funny, Scum was definitely not fairing well the last few months - some 15-20% list participation, abysmal low number getting wins in Swiss, or beware cut. STILL NO WHINING HERE. 

2.0 announced, within 2 days we had some 5 Imperial whining threads:

"I see no video with TIEs winning", "the advanced is bad and DOA" "Vader is not getting what he deserves" blabla. All pretty unsubstantiated, as we then even knew lees than now. 

We have now this thread with the OP having similarly unsubstantiated assumptions (the vital and crucial points values and number of upgrade slots are still UNKNOWN), and it gets the full hate. With lots of likes on the hate posts from well known Imperial whiners.

Man, FFG did the S&V faction such a disservice with the stupid JM5K.

People, let the past die! The other Sum ships do not deserve such a hate.

I am giving all whinners full hate... don't you worry about it. (although I am a pretty big whiner about Luke gunner)

I went on a tirade in the phantom is nerfed thread about how I thought it was better.....

Scum saw a lot of buffs and nerfs in 2.0 so far just like all 3 factions.