Sign in to follow this  
Dengar5

Scum got nerfed hard

3 minutes ago, Dengar5 said:

Moldy Crow holds less tokens now. You will only get to use your title front arc primary once or twice per game against a decent opponent because no k-turns still. It does have a great action bar now.

Expert Handling uses your talent slot & will likely be expensive on Dengar. R4 astro I believe is limited to small or small & medium ships. Dengar has no way to improve that atrocious new dial.

Fenn Rau is still Fenn Rau ? Hopefully he isn't to expensive.

The sword is only as powerful as its master.

If you play well enough, Dengar should be plenty powerful.

Don't blame 2nd edition for bringing skill back into the game. 

As a scum player who had to switch to Rebels since the great nerfing, I like what I saw. 

A lot of stuff is looking really good: Boba Fett, Guri, Brobots (maybe even 3 of them now or 2 and Guri). 

Most of stuff looks in line with the other factions. 

Only the JM5K looks bad (the generic as well as Dengar) but we don't know point costs yet. Bad and cheap might still do well. 

The only thing I dislike is that they seem to have decided 'crap turret faction' is part of Scum's faction identity. Both Assajj and JM5K with Title end up with a 3 dice primary in arc and 2 dice mobile arc. This is unique among all the PWTs (yt-1300, yt-2400, Decimator) and, if turrets turn out to be really good, might hurt Scum in the short run. 

1 minute ago, LordBlades said:

As a scum player who had to switch to Rebels since the great nerfing, I like what I saw. 

A lot of stuff is looking really good: Boba Fett, Guri, Brobots (maybe even 3 of them now or 2 and Guri). 

Only the JM5K looks bad (the generic as well as Dengar) but we don't know point costs yet. Bad and cheap might still do well. 

The only thing I dislike is that they seem to have decided 'crap turret faction' is part of Scum's faction identity. Both Assajj and JM5K with Title end up with a 3 dice primary in arc and 2 dice mobile arc. This is unique among all the PWTs (yt-1300, yt-2400, Decimator) and, if turrets turn out to be really good, might hurt Scum in the short run. 

Don't forget the hwk in the 3 forward, 2 mobile club (with title).  And with the shadowcaster and hwk it's a 3 die forward AND a 2 die mobile, so you have 2 arcs, which helps.  Jumpmaster is just one arc that gets an extra die if you shoot forward with the title.

2 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Even in that case... Second best turrets. 

We have 2 ships with turrets... And only 1 pwt. 

3 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Don't forget the hwk in the 3 forward, 2 mobile club (with title).  And with the shadowcaster and hwk it's a 3 die forward AND a 2 die mobile, so you have 2 arcs, which helps.  Jumpmaster is just one arc that gets an extra die if you shoot forward with the title.

Out of the other turrets, I know for sure Falcon has 2 arcs as well (both 3 dice) . How did they handle YT-2400 and the Decimator? I missed that info. 

2 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Out of the other turrets, I know for sure Falcon has 2 arcs as well (both 3 dice) . How did they handle YT-2400 and the Decimator? I missed that info. 

Falcon, YT-2400 and Decimator have opposing mobile arcs.  So you can have front/back or left/right arcs.  Shadowcaster and Hwk both have the locked front arc + a mobile, so you can cover 180 degrees if you have the mobile turret pointed to the side.  Much harder to arc-dodge than the opposing arcs.

Edited by VanderLegion

Just now, VanderLegion said:

Falcon, YT-2400 and Decimator have opposing mobile arcs.  So you can have front/back or left/right arcs.  Shadowcaster and Hwk both have the locked front arc + a mobile, so you can cover 180 degrees if you have the mobile turret pointed to the side.  Much harder to arc-dodge than the opposing arcs.

We'll have to wait and see, including point costs, but to me it definitely looks weaker than Empire and especially Rebels. 

3 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

We'll have to wait and see, including point costs, but to me it definitely looks weaker than Empire and especially Rebels. 

Turrets might look weaker, but why would you fly them when you have access to the new king of x-wing the firespray?

2 minutes ago, Icelom said:

Turrets might look weaker, but why would you fly them when you have access to the new king of x-wing the firespray?

That's true :)) Guri too. 

I did like Assajj though :(

Edited by LordBlades

Just now, LordBlades said:

That's true :)) Guri too. 

I did like Assajj though :(

Yes guri looks like a beast now was good before now she is amazing.

I also liked assajj, so did everyone..... because she was overpowered. She is still really good and those 2 force tokens are no joke, i think assajj is still going to be top tier

(everything is dependent on points and upgrades though... craft ffg we cant know anything for certain until the app launches)

17 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

It all comes to points.  The shadow caster is weaker than a decimator/falcon/yt2400 now purely based on the 2 attack turret vs 3-4, but it should be correspondingly cheaper as a result.   "weaker" does not necessarily mean "worse"

8 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

It all comes to points.  The shadow caster is weaker than a decimator/falcon/yt2400 now purely based on the 2 attack turret vs 3-4, but it should be correspondingly cheaper as a result.   "weaker" does not necessarily mean "worse"

its dial is also stronger it still has those blue hard turns.  It also has 1-2x evade dice over the falcon and decimator....

Basically, ships are different than each other.... with different strengths and weaknesses. 

Edited by Icelom

2 minutes ago, Icelom said:

its dial is also stronger it still has those blue hard turns.  It also has 2x evade dice over the falcon and decimator....

Basically, ships are different than each other.... with different strengths and weaknesses. 

1 over the falcon ;).  2 over the decimator and ghost.

2 hours ago, madquest8 said:

The unboxing served only one purpose. It's 1.0 for life now. EVERYTHING has been nerfed to OBLIVION. So utterly disappointing, every ship you loved is destroyed. All the fun extracted from the game AND they want you to pay for the privilege of playing with wrecked ships. I feel sorry for anyone who buys into 2.0

If you're having Xwing problems I feel bad for you son
I got ninety nine problems but 2.0 ain't one

I feel like the biggest buff to the Scum Faction was the Firespray

>Smaller Base size

>Boba Fett reaches his FINAL FORM

>Can now equip Cloaking Devices

>Kath Scarlet having one of the very few dice additive effects left in the game (apparently) and one that rewards fluffy play

>Red Reinforce

>WHITE BOOST

>Can equip Missiles, Bombs or Torpedoes with the Slave 1 title

>Can have Bossk or Dengar or Veteran Tailgunner with the Marauder title

>Emon is still in

Personally, whilst I'm all for cheaper Brobots, I do hope IG-88D Crew is still in. I feel that was a card that never quite saw the use it could have had, which it might now.

7 hours ago, LordBlades said:

The only thing I dislike is that they seem to have decided 'crap turret faction' is part of Scum's faction identity.

I wouldn’t go that far but when compared to rebels yeah they are poor cousins but that’s because rebels remain the closest to easy mode as far as turrets are concerned. Compared to imperials their turrents are spot on. 

Scum isnt necessarily "crap turrets"

It'll more than likely be "crap and cheap turrets", except for the caster still being ridiculously mobile and still keeping a fine primary + mobile arc coverage

Given every yt2400 basically got outrider, I'd imagine it's quite pricey. You get a premium ship so logic states you'll pay premium for it too

Edited by ficklegreendice

for the record the HWK buff is adding a primary arc, not "front arc is 3 die" so you have a PERMANENT 3die frontal attack while also have a 2die mobile arc
Their abilities do not say which arc, just "in arc" so the abilities are mobile arc'able as well. Had they been front 90 only i'd be a little salty about the whole arc thing since the ship is quicker than before but still cant turn very well (it has a turret, it shouldnt turn very well)

Edited by Vineheart01

42 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

You get a premium ship so logic states you'll pay premium for it too

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

The knee jerk reaction is seeing two similar-ish ships (JM5K & YT-2400) getting different 2.0 treatments. One getting hit hard by the nerf hammer and the other getting 2 additional attack die.

But without points who knows. At 40 points the new JM5K would be way too efficent. And at 100 points the YT-2400 might be nicely balanced. But these are now distinctly different ships when before they both 2 attack turret, 2 agility beefy ships.

In 1.0 I have been a collector and look forward to changing that with the 2.0 conversion. I am behind the curve as far as squad building, but like the idea that each ship may have something to offer this go around. 

I hated seeing that the scum faction became such a despised addition to the game. A polarized faction that most small ships were practically unusable and considered laughable to attempt to put into a squad and the other half were WAAC builds. 

My wife had looked over my shoulder when reading about 3 JM5K dominating the tournament scene and surprised me with a 3rd one. She said that she wanted me to go and play at our FLGS. I couldn't tell her that I didn't want to be "that guy".

I for one look forward to as many nerfs and buffs as it takes to make this a great game. If the scum faction needs to be toned down to wipe away the power creep of 1.0 then so be it. Scum players will have all the dirty tricks and backstabbing ways to make the faction truly what it should be. Unpredictable and ruthless.