Wolfmanhays

Jumpmaster

5 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Dengar at Init 6, can focus and rotate turret. He's locked into greens, but with Maul he's as bad as Luke on Han.

He also only has 2 attack outside of the forward arc, and how is maul as bad as luke on han?  Maul just lets him change a focus to an evade or hit.  Doesn't do anything to rotate his arc.  And he has to take stress to do it.

1 minute ago, VanderLegion said:

He also only has 2 attack outside of the forward arc, and how is maul as bad as luke on han?  Maul just lets him change a focus to an evade or hit.  Doesn't do anything to rotate his arc.  And he has to take stress to do it.

He does have 1 force, and regen it every turn... has to take a stress to do it more then once a turn.

And of course the combo is no where near or even comparable in use to han +luke (only real drawback to that unless the points are insane, is you cant take T-65 luke who is amazing)

4 minutes ago, Icelom said:

He does have 1 force, and regen it every turn... has to take a stress to do it more then once a turn.

And of course the combo is no where near or even comparable in use to han +luke (only real drawback to that unless the points are insane, is you cant take T-65 luke who is amazing)

Well yes, the stress is just to do it more than once (unless you take a dark side upgrade that uses your force charge beforehand).  It's still basically just  calculate tokens (and his ability itself only works when you actually take damage, so you can't just stack infinites tress to never take damage if your force charges prevent the damage entirely).

44 minutes ago, Dengar5 said:

Jumpmaster is ruined. Scum ships mostly got significant dial nerfs. They will remain dead faction sadly.

Not even a single white turn to the right. The dial is second worst now, just barely ahead of the lambda.

You mean... the ship now actually has drawbacks on the side it supposed to have drawbacks? 

Must be a tough break for you to suddenly learn how to play the game like the rest of us have been... I feel for you. 

Oh wait... I actually don't... What are you even saying? 

Maul crew CANNOT be placed on Punishing One Dengar. Punishing One title trades the crew slot for astromech. Even with Dengar rotating his turret at I6, it will only be 2 attack. Essentially Dengar has become a front arc only ship, except now he has a terrible dial. Of ALL the I6 pilots he will be trivially easy to block. Also, red barrel roll. ?

Dengar may not be lining up revenge shots every round now, but when he does, it could very well be a torpedo in your face. Still potent. Jumps just have to fly a little different now instead of just being jousting gods. They may have to spend a turn or two to setup a decent shot. And with a focus/lock + barrell roll built in, Dengar has a soft PTL with talent slot wide open for predator, etc. Not too shabby.

I think we all are in OP mode and dont realize how 1 focus + another action is quite powerful here. Back in the day, just advance sensors on a bwing was super strong.

2 hours ago, Dengar5 said:

Essentially Dengar has become a front arc only ship, except now he has a terrible dial. Of ALL the I6 pilots he will be trivially easy to block. Also, red barrel roll. ?

Excuse me while I try to find some sympathy for, well, any of that.

Nope.

1 hour ago, wurms said:

Dengar may not be lining up revenge shots every round now, but when he does, it could very well be a torpedo in your face. Still potent. Jumps just have to fly a little different now instead of just being jousting gods. They may have to spend a turn or two to setup a decent shot. And with a focus/lock + barrell roll built in, Dengar has a soft PTL with talent slot wide open for predator, etc. Not too shabby.

I think we all are in OP mode and dont realize how 1 focus + another action is quite powerful here. Back in the day, just advance sensors on a bwing was super strong.

Dengar's linked actions are only to rotate the turret & in fact, it's looking like he's one of the few turrets that requires a red turret rotate action. Most turrets have white rotate turret. The barrel roll is red & not linked with anything. His blue maneuvers are now trash, so good luck flying this thing when you're either blocked or stress greater than 75% of the time.

39 minutes ago, Dengar5 said:

Dengar's linked actions are only to rotate the turret & in fact, it's looking like he's one of the few turrets that requires a red turret rotate action. Most turrets have white rotate turret. The barrel roll is red & not linked with anything. His blue maneuvers are now trash, so good luck flying this thing when you're either blocked or stress greater than 75% of the time.

Oh, for some reason i was thinking the b roll was linked. Info overload today!

Nope barrelroll is just a red action on its own.
Also for the record the JM5K still has 6 blue maneuvers, which is pretty standard. Its 3bank/fwd is blue now (STOP TYPING GREEN lol i have hit backspace so many times today for that...) and still has white 1/2 left turns.

Its not like they totally screwed you over and remove right turns entirely. The Lambda is a perfect example of being shafted with not having a maneuver period (compared to the Upsilon, which is basically the same dial with more red moves and white turns, is vastly more controllable)

And Dengar still has his revenge shot, which in current 2.0 knowledge is incredibly rare and powerful.

On 5/19/2018 at 3:09 AM, Dengar5 said:

I do feel it should have had a white rotate arc. This is a much harder ship to fly than other turrets. Due to asymmetry and it's only a two die attack. Scum hwk might give it a real run for its money.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, VanderLegion said:

R4 extra doesn't help the sloop (but is quite good still for the turns and other moves).  It only does speed 1-2, not 3, and it only does "basic" maneuvers, which presumably will not cover any of the turn-arounds.

17 minutes ago, WookieHairdresser said:

R4 Astro will help nicely and as long as it's cheap it'll be fine

R4 Astro is small ship only anyway, so no Jumpmaster dial improvements here!

If you were to forget the 1st edition version and try to imagine the Jumpmaster in "lore" (whatever that might mean; I guess a long haul hyperspace scouting craft?) and then exaggerate it's combat effectiveness to the point where it might have some reasonable place on the battlefield, you'd end up pretty close to where it looks like for second edition. Fine with me. Dengar, a successful bounty hunter, has a tricked out version of the scow that's better than others? ok, that might have some tricks, but it's still not going to be a reliably dominate vessel. Sounds about right to me. Let go of the baggage of 1st edition, ladies and gents. Close your eyes. Reach out. What do you feel?

On 5/19/2018 at 10:16 AM, ficklegreendice said:

quickly cutting through the S&v dials,

Firespray dial got SUPER buffed

Viper dial got more blues

Khirax got trolls

HWK got buffed

Y got some blue banks

g1-a can stop now, dial was always that **** otherwise

SCURRG moved blue banks to speed 1, otherwise the same

lancer is the same

yv is the same

z is the same

fang is the same

believe scyk is the same

jump got hard nerfed, and that's about it. you can undo these nerfs with punishing 1 + mech, minus no longer having a white sloop

G1-A used to have a green 3-straight and a white 4-straight - effectively a B-wing dial that had a titch more straight-ahead speed. Now the 3-straight is white, and the 4-straight is Red, for a net reduction in dial quality.

Considering this in a system where most of the arc-fighters got extra greens, the G1-A just went from 5 greens to 4... with a dial that has even more red on it than previously. The 2-k and the red stop are certainly an advantage, but if anything I was hoping to see more green or white, not less, so it had easier access to the 'funky and weird' reds. I get it; 4-LOM is meant to be handing stress out all over the place, but that isn't a reason to make the whole dang dial red when no-one else on the ship can ignore stress like that.

I don't have the Scum Persecution Complex(tm) like others, but I have to say I'm pretty bummed by the dial. G1-A is one of my favourite ships, and I was hoping to fly it like a lunatic. But even fewer greens (and 4-LOM's stress-handing was always kind of a gamble, given you can't reposition after a red) means you're going to have to be very, very conservative in when you use them... and the ship really doesn't have very much on its dial to work with in between times.

... oh, and Gand Findsmen don't have a Force token. I was really looking forward to that. :P 

Edited by Reiver

On 5/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, Wolfmanhays said:

Balanced or removed from the table entirely? We will have to wait and see, but in my opinion, the dial is not encouraging at this point. 

Dial issues huh?

My Lambdas day “hi.” 

And, “suck it up buttercup.”

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

Completely meh at anything the g1+a lost considering it got a cannon-less broll, health, and JAM 

Forget your  paltry concerns and paint one up as a Winnebago 

I'll grant you the Jam, but I point again to the ship having waaaay too much stress to deal with, and not a lot of ways to deal without it, so you can either play with your fun ECM actions or use, literally, half its dial.

If anything, it might've been fun if the ship had got a whole lot more green, so it was a ship of extremes - practically everything it did would either make it stressed or clear its stress? Yeah, that would be an interesting tempo; but with the Strictly Four Standard Greens on its dial it'll really need some other kind of stress mitigation to be able to pull it off, alas.