Fuzzywookie

Assault Frigate Mark II

go back a few waves and they were a lot more popular, after all at one point it was the best medium based ship in the game - not that the Vic put up much of a fight back in those days

Edited by eViL dAvE

I think someone came in 4th at the Martinsburg Regional with a triple AFMKII two flotillas with a bunch of VCX-100s list. He posted the fleet and I played it in a CC campaign and it kicked but. 

Edited by mcworrell

1 hour ago, Admiral Calkins said:

They are great ships, especially in Ackbar fleets, but their hull is so low that they can go down in one shot from an ISD.

*repeat victim here*

electronic-countermeasures.png

Won't keep them alive forever, but given you've got a good assortment of single-copy defense tokens, ECMs goes a long way. Especially on the brace.

11 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

electronic-countermeasures.png

Won't keep them alive forever, but given you've got a good assortment of single-copy defense tokens, ECMs goes a long way. Especially on the brace.

Absolutely, which is why I always had them on my Assault Frigates.

*was posting at stop lights and couldn’t take too long

15 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Absolutely, which is why I always had them on my Assault Frigates.

*was posting at stop lights and couldn’t take too long

So you are saying that not only could you have concentrated on the road better if you hadnt posted, but you could have given a fuller response by waiting.... 

7 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Caitken and Shollan, Intel Officer, ECM, Ackbar on Home One nearby, Enhanced Armaments/Slaved Turrets. Master of 7 dice that really flipping hurt.

That AF comes out to 98-102pts., along with a 100+ pt. Home One is over half of your fleet points in two ships. I can think of much better ways to kill stuff and I used to love flying frigates with Acbar after watching what @MattShadowlord used to do with them...

10 minutes ago, itzSteve said:

That AF comes out to 98-102pts., along with a 100+ pt. Home One is over half of your fleet points in two ships. I can think of much better ways to kill stuff and I used to love flying frigates with Acbar after watching what @MattShadowlord used to do with them...

I mean, yeah, 98 points. And? You kill almost any small based ship with one shot. You can wipe ISD shield ARCS, plural. It's expensive, but it puts out a heck of a hurt for it's points

I've been using it a lot recently.

>> AFIIB, Paragon, Ordnance Experts and QBTs.

In a Sato list it looks after the fighters (I just can't afford Boosted Comms which would be nice but Sato fighters tend to stick close anyway). Good all round firepower and if it double arcs it can lob out 5 rerollable black dice, 3 blue and a red before concentrating fire. I run it alongside an ACM armed MC75 with a TRC Jiana's light and a comms net flotilla. 5 Squadrons. It can soften up ships at range or deliver follow-up shots to whoever the MC75 has just thwacked.  

I've been having fun with AF2s lately.  I had two versions of the same fleet.  Essentially Cracken with 2 AF2s, Jaina's Light, 2 gr75s, and a spattering of A-wings and Lancers.

The Assault Frigates are ran bare-bones, with DTTs and ECMS.  They are incredibly durable for their cost.  Aim to line up double arcs, and overwhelm defense tokens with 4-5 attacks per turn on the same target.

It takes a lot of dedicated fire to bring one down, and even if they do, they don't earn many points!  Against fleets with only a single big threat, they do remarkably well.

1 hour ago, Mad Cat said:

I've been using it a lot recently.

>> AFIIB, Paragon, Ordnance Experts and QBTs.

In a Sato list it looks after the fighters (I just can't afford Boosted Comms which would be nice but Sato fighters tend to stick close anyway). Good all round firepower and if it double arcs it can lob out 5 rerollable black dice, 3 blue and a red before concentrating fire. I run it alongside an ACM armed MC75 with a TRC Jiana's light and a comms net flotilla. 5 Squadrons. It can soften up ships at range or deliver follow-up shots to whoever the MC75 has just thwacked.  

I took almost this exact build, but with an “a” version, and got 5th at Portland regionals.  Missed out on 4th by a few MoV...

But with Sato it provides solid, reliable  double arc firepower, a good number of shields and hull, at a decent cost.  Fill the rest of the fleet with other threats, and you’ve got a viable list that will handle almost anything it meets - with skill and practice, of course. ;)

16 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

So you are saying that not only could you have concentrated on the road better if you hadnt posted, but you could have given a fuller response by waiting.... 

Good boi. You bullied him enough now you may go and play with someone else. You'll get your treat later :P