Sign in to follow this  
landoro

Budget Imperial list

Hi all.

Going to play Rebels but since the game is not very big where I live yet I need to make sure there I have a full Imperial army that can be used.

Since I dont really wanna buy new stuff I am using my Imperial assault minis to flesh out the Imperial army. 

With the addtion of Boba, I have made up this list.

800/800
Darth Vader [200]
Force Push [10]
Saber Throw [10]
Force Reflexes [15]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]
Stormtrooper [11]
Targeting Scopes [6]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]
Stormtrooper [11]
Targeting Scopes [6]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]
Stormtrooper [11]

Snowtroopers [48]
Flametrooper [20]
Snowtrooper [12]

Boba Fett [140]
Hunter [6]

74-Z Speeder Bikes [90]

The Snowtroopers, Boba nad one of the Stormtrooper squads will be proxied with Imperial Assault minis.

I cold replace Boba with Veers and and extra stormtrooper Squad which might be better from a competetive stand point but I personally really liked Boba.

Would this be an ok list to let someone use against the Rebels? Should I take Veers and extra stormtroopers instead?

Have fun

I think for someone borrowing minis for a friendly game this is totally reasonable.  I don't know if it's what I would pick, but it's clearly not deliberately underpowered to disadvantage the guest.

I don't really know much about Boba other than the what the intro article said so I can't really comment on him. That said I love your DLT-19 style. I honestly don't have a squad of Stormtroopers leave home without one. It makes their non aimed attacks useful, increases range, give impact, everything you want. I haven't run the Snowtroopers yet but the flamer I think is the way to go. March them down the field with Vader and the opponent has to choose whether to shoot them and let your Stormtroopers pepper them from range or vice versa. Bikes on the flank, it looks good.

I like your list, but in terms of Boba Fett, I'd maybe wait until we get the full info on him so you can more accurately have someone use that unit. 

I know this isnt about your list, and just my opinion-- I get using other minis and whatnot to proxy in stuff, but I feel like if you're wanting to play with people wanting to get into the game in your area- you should probably have a legitimate Imperial Legion army to use. I think people new to the game would be more interested in using what you can actually get for the game. Plus you could then dabble in playing Imperials a bit and can lend that army to a friend who's new or working on his army for a tournament or organized play so there's more people in that event.

Its not hard to get to a fun 800 point list of Imperials, just use what you got in the core box (Vader, x2 stormies, speeder bikes), an extra stormtrooper or a snow trooper expansion, and an AT-ST. Its a nice list where you can play around with upgrades a bit, and I've found its still pretty effective. And it has a bit of everything for a newcomer. Once Boba Fett comes out, you may even want to play Imperials for a bit so you'd have stuff ready to go.

Plus the AT-ST alone is huge and awesome to have on the table (or just sitting on your desk or shelf) and is an instant draw for people at my FLGS who havent heard about the game or are thinking about getting into it.