Cubanboy

If you could play Armada with any Actor / Actress from Star Wars - Happy Friday

4 minutes ago, Admiral Calkins said:

Surprised no one has said Samuel L. Jackson yet. Invest heavily in Gauntlet Fighters just for the chance to hear him say "I have had it with these mother******* Raid tokens on these mother******* ships!"

the clean version of this is so much better.

After Episode V I always liked Lando Calrissian best. I know he wasn't very much interested in Star Wars at all but I really would like to meet Billy Dee Williams. In case he wouldn't have to play a game of Sabacc he could send Donald Glover instead?

Never Chewie. You already know what happens if you beat a wookie. 

It is not easy cause you said didn't say characters and there are Natalie Portman, Christopher Lee.  But I am not sure if they would enjoy an armada match (well I guess Lee would enjoy whatever at this point XD). So while I would really like to meet then I would probably play with Samuel L. Jackson who I also would like to meet.

10 hours ago, Stasy said:

I bet he had some serious stories to tell.

I read after his passing, one time in an interview Christopher Lee leaned in close to the interviewer and asked "Can you keep a secret?" The interviewer leaned in too and said excitedly "Yes! Of course!" Christopher Lee leaned back and replied, "So can I." He seriously lead a really interesting life.

I'd like to play Mark Hamill, he seems like he could do some gaming

1 hour ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

Liam Neeson. He's just a bad ***,  and would probably narrate his moves and make them intimidating 

Actually it would be awesome to play a game with the "real" commanders around the table adding comments to the match.

Why only commanders? Let's play with others unique characters. 

10 hours ago, LTD said:

My 7 year old watched RotJ this May 4th. The question that came up a few days later was “Why was Princess Leia dressed in those strange clothes?”

"You mean her Huttslayer costume? Well, it's because Jabba decided she should wear it to humiliate her, and then she killed him for it."

3 hours ago, codegnave said:

Carrie Fisher. She seemed like such a kind person, and I feel like she would be fun to play a game with. Ive only ever heard that she had a great sense of humor.

She'd be my pick, too. Mostly because I think she'd take one look at the setup, say "Those are some neat little toys, but this is the dumbest g******* thing I've ever seen," and then we'd get a drink. Plus she'd have Gary with her. I've only met her once, but one of my friends spent quite a bit of time with her, and she was an amazingly kind, irreverent soul who had zero effs to give about what people thought of her, and that was very freeing to her. The world is less for her absence, and I still tear up thinking about her.

I guess the question is how much you want to actually play Armada with them, because most (if not all) of them probably wouldn't care to play - especially Harrison Ford. So, if it's about playing Armada, then who would be the most likely to want to play Armada and have fun with it? I somehow imagine than Mark Hamill, Jon Boyega and Donnie Glover are the most likely candidates. Did Cushing actually do wargames with his miniatures, or was it about the modeling for him?

1 hour ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

I guess the question is how much you want to actually play Armada with them, because most (if not all) of them probably wouldn't care to play - especially Harrison Ford. So, if it's about playing Armada, then who would be the most likely to want to play Armada and have fun with it? I somehow imagine than Mark Hamill, Jon Boyega and Donnie Glover are the most likely candidates. Did Cushing actually do wargames with his miniatures, or was it about the modeling for him?

I would still take my chances with Christopher Lee, a game of Armada, an a bottle of 12 year old Irish Whiskey. Even if we never finished the game. That is one conversation I would have loved to have had. 

4 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

He wargamed.

Edited by Drasnighta

My vote would be Cushing as well. Wargames of his day we're probably as complex as armada, just switch tables and dice for cards and tokens. He'd be able to keep up, I'd be worried about boring any one else if I learned gaming wasn't thier thing.

1 hour ago, Norsehound said:

My vote would be Cushing as well. Wargames of his day we're probably as complex as armada, just switch tables and dice for cards and tokens. He'd be able to keep up, I'd be worried about boring any one else if I learned gaming wasn't thier thing.

Armada would be simple in comparison.

Little Wars, DBM/DBA, heck, Axis and Allies (orig) and other Wargames of the day we’re more complex.

Take a present day Survivor: BattleTech - the core concepts of lookup-table based gameplay have not changed in over 30 years.

It should be noted that, in comparison to most of the time, Games Workshop gained and maintained popularity as, in comparison, their games were relatively SIMPLE.  ?

Edited by Drasnighta

15 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

James Earl Jones is my first choice. Cause dat voice.

Seconded. Would be great to get him to play an Ozzel fleet, and for him to get super mad when the fleet is terrible.

”You have failed me for the last time Admiral”

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Armada would be simple in comparison.

Little Wars, DBM/DBA, heck, Axis and Allies (orig) and other Wargames of the day we’re more complex.

Take a present day Survivor: BattleTech - the core concepts of lookup-table based gameplay have not changed in over 30 years.

It should be noted that, in comparison to most of the time, Games Workshop gained and maintained popularity as, in comparison, their games were relatively SIMPLE.  ?

I've wanted to check out Little wars now and again... I do wonder to what depth he played. Did he use the kreigspeil additions as well (logistics, calvary charges...), who did he play with? Did he have a group of friends he enjoyed the hobby with?

I would have loved to ask him about his hobby if we could meet across time and space to play Armada.

I also have experience with enough hex-and-counter games to appreciate their complexity. Still, Armada has more moving parts than casual audiences have patience for.