Stormtroopers, DL-19, Concussion - 73

Stormtroopers, DL-19 - 68

Stormtroopers, DL-19 - 68

Snowtroopers, Flame, Trooper, Impact - 85

Bikes - 90

Bikes - 90

Bikes - 90

799 on the nose unless excel failed me

Bike heavy, but they're flying around, being distracting, getting behind cover and generally causing havoc.  They take most of the anti-armor duty, but are role flexible and resilient.  DLT Storm squads are the mainstay.  Snowys with flame and impact are a terror unit.  It's troop light, so may have to avoid exposing the stories too much early.

Thoughts?

Looks fun. My last game I played something similar. Being trooper light can really hurt, especially if you misplay your bikes. I definitely did, and the delicate bikes definitely didn't help me... But my Vader list has switched to 2 bikes, 6 trooper units and the big man himself. Let us know how your list works!

This actually looks really mean, thinking of my own Rebel list, I would not know what to fire at first, I would like to take out some bikes since I am worried they will zip around and take out Leia, if cought int he open they can make short work of Luke, at the same time, Snows with a flamer and vader is marching towards you and the Stormies just shoot you up.

Really hard to target prioritise. Would probably use my ATRTs och Luke against the bikes, and send the ifantry against the Ifantry.

20 hours ago, Brightguy said:

Bike heavy, but they're flying around, being distracting, getting behind cover and generally causing havoc.  They take most of the anti-armor duty, but are role flexible and resilient.  DLT Storm squads are the mainstay.  Snowys with flame and impact are a terror unit.  It's troop light, so may have to avoid exposing the stories too much early.

Thoughts?

I love triple bikes. It's a ton of fun to fly them around the flanks, melting everything as they go.

Nice list. I run something similar, although I'm looking to do a 2nd Snowtrooper with Flamethrower instead of a third group of bikes. Let us know how you like the list.

Similar to what I want - although torn between 2 or 3 bike units. I’ll probably do 2 and have more troops.

I think Meditation on Vader would be good if you can find points. May need to drop a snow trooper or grandes to squeeze it in. 

1 hour ago, Dave Grant said:

Similar to what I want - although torn between 2 or 3 bike units. I’ll probably do 2 and have more troops.

I think Meditation on Vader would be good if you can find points. May need to drop a snow trooper or grandes to squeeze it in. 

That's what I like most about Veers. He allows for so many extra points for units. As much as I love bikes, I would agree that more troops is probably the better choice. 

I learned a lot about speeder bikes when my ten year old held them in reserve on the first turn of our core set practice game then shot them past all the barriers and nearly killed Luke.  I’m not sure how three units balances out as versus two and one more trooper unit, but they definitely give you a lot of flexibility about what and where you can attack.