Sign in to follow this  
McKeewa

Warships and Merchant Ships of the Age of Sail

Posted (edited)

Hi Friends,

Long story short, I'm GM of a Genesyzed 7th Sea table, and I wanted more settings about warships ... so ... I made it.

Warships and Merchant Ships of the Age of Sail, a supplement to Genesys.

There is mistakes, some important ships are missing and much more... and I will continue to work on it with the time.

Don't hesitate to comment the thing ^^

Have a good day.

PS : Dear @SkyJedi fell free to add the thing to the master list if you think it deserve it.

update 1.0.1 : some correction, and tweaks, added crewmen minions adversary

update 1.0.2 :
Some phrasing
Added Crewmen fight during boarding
Add Xebec

Edited by McKeewa
update

This is a great job!!! I just gave it a quick glance but it seems very complete and awesome. It also looks very professional with appropiate images that for an ignorant of the matter like me help a lot.

Thanks a lot for the work. It will come very handy.

Really digging this.  I'm actually looking into an Age of Sail with a Fantasy twist (thank you, Pillars of Eternity 2) setting for a campaign.  This is some wonderful resources.  I especially like your rules on cannons/decks.

Specialty skill-wise, I was thinking of a special Knowledge (Sailing) check to cover the basics of sailing (rigging, sails, etc).  Operating as the rule for actually sailing a ship (i.e. The Captain), with maybe Navigation thrown in for setting courses, routes, etc. 

For combat skills, I was thinking of typical Melee, Ranged (Firearms), Ranged (Archaic) and Ranged (Gunnery).

McKeewa,

Well done!  In my last episode of Finding the Narrative we talked about vehicles / vehicle combat and I brought up the three-masted ships.  This is an awesome document!  I really like what you've done here a lot!  I've played a 50 Fathoms campaign in Savage Worlds, a Pirates of the Spanish Main campaign in Savage Worlds, and others.  Reading what you've got here just makes me want to play those campaigns again.  Kudos!

I noticed on page 8 under the weapons for the Cerberus Class ship that you have 2 x 6PD Long Nines - Fire Arc Backward.  Should that be Long Sixes or 2 x 9PD?

Excellent job!

Z

10 hours ago, Zszree said:

McKeewa,

Well done!  In my last episode of Finding the Narrative we talked about vehicles / vehicle combat and I brought up the three-masted ships.  This is an awesome document!  I really like what you've done here a lot!  I've played a 50 Fathoms campaign in Savage Worlds, a Pirates of the Spanish Main campaign in Savage Worlds, and others.  Reading what you've got here just makes me want to play those campaigns again.  Kudos!

I noticed on page 8 under the weapons for the Cerberus Class ship that you have 2 x 6PD Long Nines - Fire Arc Backward.  Should that be Long Sixes or 2 x 9PD?

Excellent job!

Z

Thank you for your message.

There is indeed some mistakes crawling here and there ^^

I'll update the book this day with some correction and more ^^

This document is amazing. I'm currently working on my own nautical themed setting and even just seeing examples of what other people have done is very valuable. I definitely plan to use some of this as inspiration when i start making my own ships. The only major difference is that my setting leans more toward the cinematic side of sailing rather than the historical. Some inspiration from One Piece; where you can have large galleons with hundreds of crew facing off against small ships with a crack team of sailors.

Hey amazing resource, planning to do a magic the gathering rpg based on ixalan so loads of pirate goodness.

I was just wondering however how the cannons work on personal scale. Cause it feels odd that a 42 pounder only deals 8 damage. Since single cannon damage is 0.8 and converting to personal scale is x10 damage. 

Just wanted to know if there was more personal cannon stats cause i imagine my players will want to use single cannons as ambush weapons against certain dinosaurs.