Sign in to follow this  
Skargoth

Maximum Firepower: The List?

I've been playing almost exclusively Imps since I started 800 point games. Early on I would win because my opponent would go "3/4 in" on my ATST and ultimately waste resources while I take objectives.

Lately though, my poor walker has not been able to draw my opponents' attention. They ignore the ATST and ensure a closer game by doing so. I will not stand for this. If I can't get people to at least try to hurt it than I'm not getting its points worth (my brain, my logic!).

The other issue is I run Stormtroopers super lean and have paid for it (see: one shotted by Speeder bikes, one shotted by Vader, one shotted by Z6, one shotted by Luke, one shotted by FALLING ROCKS). Soo, I decided to try this:

Maximum Firepower: The List (799 points)
1 • General Veers - General Veers - Commanding Presence - Esteemed Leader (95)
2 • Stormtroopers - Stormtroopers - HH-12 Stormtrooper (78)
3 • Stormtroopers - Stormtroopers - HH-12 Stormtrooper (78)
4 • Stormtroopers - Stormtroopers - DLT-19 Stormtrooper (68)
5 • Stormtroopers - Stormtroopers - DLT-19 Stormtrooper (68)
6 • Snowtroopers - Snowtroopers - Flametrooper - Grappling Hooks (71)
7 • Snowtroopers - Snowtroopers - Flametrooper - Grappling Hooks (71)
8 • 74-Z Speeder Bikes - 74-Z Speeder Bikes (90)
9 • 74-Z Speeder Bikes - 74-Z Speeder Bikes (90)
10 • 74-Z Speeder Bikes - 74-Z Speeder Bikes (90)

Sorry for sloppy paste.

TLDR: Trooper Cocktail
Edited by Skargoth

As a counterpoint I feel HH12 and veers are incredible. Either pairing them or ion snow troopers is the way to go, seeing his imperial discipline card. 2 big guns with aim tokens, free ready action, possibility of movement with snow troopers, and still get dodges. Token stacking to the extreme. Gives one good turn of massive offense, say if a snowspeeder just popped into your sights as your gun isn't readied.

You can even ready the hh12, still get to aim, and move to reposition closer while shooting your e-11s. Not too bad a combo.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Ghoti said:

As a counterpoint I feel HH12 and veers are incredible. Either pairing them or ion snow troopers is the way to go, seeing his imperial discipline card. 2 big guns with aim tokens, free ready action, possibility of movement with snow troopers, and still get dodges. Token stacking to the extreme. Gives one good turn of massive offense, say if a snowspeeder just popped into your sights as your gun isn't readied.

You can even ready the hh12, still get to aim, and move to reposition closer while shooting your e-11s. Not too bad a combo.

Don’t forget if Veers is close by you could spotter aim the snowies, use their dodge action, then move and shoot with steady.