Sign in to follow this  
Dodd81

Characteristics change as Beginner Game characters progress

My players are just about to move onto the final page of their character sheets as we embark on the Long Arm of the Hutt adventure. 

We noticed the characteristics have changed a little. eg. Pash's Brawn is now 2 instead of 3.

Any reason for this? Is it just balancing things out a bit now the characters have more career skills the players can advance?

Also - with the dice pool column now blank, do you tend to play without filling this column in and just create your pool each roll; or do you fill it in as you go along?

Thanks for the help.

The last page is there if you want to rebuild the pregen, like giving him other skills or changing his stats and Talents. If Pash's attribute are all 2, this is probably because they revert him back to the standard human array and you can spend XP to raise the ones you want. Hope that help.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:23 PM, Dodd81 said:

We noticed the characteristics have changed a little. eg. Pash's Brawn is now 2 instead of 3.

In the box, on the final (customizable) version of the character sheet? It may just be a typo. I just checked my physical copy of Pash's sheet, and it is still listed as Brawn 3. I can't think of any reason it would have been lowered, and don't believe it happens in any of the many other pre-gens.

I'd chalk it up to typos.  The EotE Beginner Box character sheets have a number of errors on them, some due in part to the EotE rules not being 100% finalized when the pre-gens were created (Pash in particular has the Surveillance skill in a few places, which got removed during the early Beta).