Sign in to follow this  
BadMotivator

An Entire Legion of my best troops!

So I've made a list that's nothing but a bunch of Troopers, Veers, and Vader.

Veers: Commanding Presence, Esteemed Leader, Grappling Hooks. 98 pts

Vader: Force Reflexes, Sabre Throw, Force Choke. 230 pts

Snowtroopers: Flamethrower, +1 trooper, Targeting Scopes, Impact Grenades. 91 pts

Stormtroopers: DLT-19, +1 trooper, Targeting Scopes, Concussion Grenades. 90 pts

Stormtroopers: DLT-19, +1 trooper, Targeting Scopes, Concussion Grenades. 90 pts

Stormtroopers: HH-12, +1 trooper, Targeting Scopes, Impact Grenades. 100 pts

799/800 pts

Command Cards: Maximum Firepower, Implacable, Push, New Ways to Motivate Them, Imperial Discipline, Master of Evil, Standing Orders.

What do people think? I think it'll be effective. Veers can give two Stormtrooper units aim tokens each turn. I have almost total control over my activation order each turn.

Edited by BadMotivator

1 hour ago, BadMotivator said:

So I've made a list that's nothing but a bunch of Troopers, Veers, and Vader.

Veers: Commanding Presence, Esteemed Leader, Grappling Hooks. 98 pts

Vader: Force Reflexes, Sabre Throw, Force Choke. 230 pts

Snowtroopers: Flamethrower, +1 trooper, Targeting Scopes, Impact Grenades. 91 pts

799/800 pts

Command Cards: Maximum Firepower, Implacable, Push, New Ways to Motivate Them, Imperial Discipline, Master of Evil, Standing Orders.

What do people think? I think it'll be effective. Veers can give two Stormtrooper units aim tokens each turn. I have almost total control over my activation order each turn.

Why not get that 6th corps unit in there? If you're gonna make a legion, blot out the ground.

I tend to agree with Big Easy.  That's 30 points of scopes and 20 points to get back if you downgrade the HH-12s to DLT-19s.  Could be an extra troop squad with grenades.  I like the HH-12 in theory, but that many DLTs with Veers will take down AT-RTs, and you won't see that many speeders.  I don't think you get that much out of the scopes already having precise.

I agree here If drop some of the equipment and maybe even some grenades to get another trooper unit in there. In my experience it's always better to have more corps, this is especially true on conditions like "Rapid Reinforcements"

Agreed with above posters. Don't need Targeting Scopes, Stormtroopers have Precise as it is so if you aim you are already rerolling three dice. HH-12s are not as necessary when almost every unit has Impact. 

If you can, I would run 2x Snowtroopers with Flamethrowers and 4x Stormtroopers with DLTs. March the Snowtroopers up with Vader, control the stormies with Veers.

Yeah, after a game I will be making changes. Scopes do feel unnecessary on the Stormtroopers. Good on the Snowtroopers though.

Flamethrowers are mean, just mean. I was wiping out whole units when I got into range.

Picked up a 2nd unit of Snowtroopers here in this version. Dropped Force Choke since I never used it.

http://tabletopadmiral.com/legion/empire/p08u11uEMuEMp03u0au0duEMp07u24u22u12uEMp07u24u22u12uEMp05u07u0eu12uEMp05u07u0euEMuEMp05u07u0euEMuEMp05u07u0euEMuEM

Veers has just commanding presence, Vader has Sabre Throw and Reflexes, 2 Snowtroopers with Flamethrowers, +1 trooper, and grappeling hooks. 4 units of Stormtroopers just with DLT-19s(one unit has Grappling hooks because I had pts).

Edited by BadMotivator