Baaa

Where's Joe?

1 hour ago, Mattman7306 said:

He still alive at the very least. I saw him post to FB about 2.0. My guess is he was threatened with a ban.

That's good to hear, glad he's ok. On the other hand ban? Meh. Keep flying big fella. 

Cheers 

Baaa

So many people pissed and moaned about his enthusiasm for the game, including pics and emojis, that he is no longer with us. It’s a shame too, I really enjoyed his presence here, even if we didn’t always see things exactly the same. We need more people who are happy about the game like he was as opposed to all the negativity that floods these boards for quite some time now. 

The fella rarely added value to the conversation, instead, he polluted the boards with noise. Whilst I don't miss his ramblings and walls of emojis, a ban (or threat of such) seems excessive.

On the other hand, I've always respected the fella in a way for being him. Undiluted, raw, real Joe.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:40 AM, Robin Graves said:

I wonder what happened to Gadge.

Still around, he only usually posts on the X-Wing boards to bash the game though.  He's had around two or three different accounts on here since last posting as Gadge (see Bolshevik65 and Soviet65 for further details). 

On 5/16/2018 at 2:34 PM, Vykk Draygo said:

So many people pissed and moaned about his enthusiasm for the game, including pics and emojis, that he is no longer with us. It’s a shame too, I really enjoyed his presence here, even if we didn’t always see things exactly the same. We need more people who are happy about the game like he was as opposed to all the negativity that floods these boards for quite some time now. 

Ironic that the people upset with him being positive are the ones that spam the main board 3 times a day about how X-wing is *fill in the blank*. And those same people are already whining about 2.0. 

Sigh...

I thought it was a self imposed "ban" because too many folks were bent out of shape with his style of commentary.

I'll admit, when I first started reading the forums, having never encountered anything like it before, his posts were kind of grating to me, but his enthusiasm and keeping true to who he is won me over.