Wolfmanhays

Scum Aces

If they keep the theme of force sensitives unique for Scum it should be fine. They would not have any trained in use of the force per se, just innate skills that seem natural to them and they even are not sure how they achieve it. Keep the theme.

Just now, beowolf777 said:

If they keep the theme of force sensitives unique for Scum it should be fine. They would not have any trained in use of the force per se, just innate skills that seem natural to them and they even are not sure how they achieve it. Keep the theme.

Wouldn't have any trained in use of the force?  Like...Asajj and Maul?  Or dyou mean generics trained int he force?

3 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

They said so in one or more of the many videos from the week after the announcement.  Couldn't tell you which one at this point.  Might have been team covenant.

I just dug up what someone thought the Autothrusters do for Interceptors:

Autothrusters: “After you perform an action you can perform a red Barrel Roll or Boost action.”

I would think that if they try and fail an action, then they haven’t performed it. But Dengar, with Lock linked to Rotate Turret, could probably rotate the turret even if the Lock action fails...?

1 minute ago, VanderLegion said:

Wouldn't have any trained in use of the force?  Like...Asajj and Maul?  Or dyou mean generics trained int he force?

Just saying to keep theme of lesser force users. Instead of making them all on par with Luke and Vader.

Just now, beowolf777 said:

Just saying to keep theme of lesser force users. Instead of making them all on par with Luke and Vader.

Maul was on par.... You have created a theme that does not exist. 

3 minutes ago, J1mBob said:

I just dug up what someone thought the Autothrusters do for Interceptors:

Autothrusters: “After you perform an action you can perform a red Barrel Roll or Boost action.”

I would think that if they try and fail an action, then they haven’t performed it. But Dengar, with Lock linked to Rotate Turret, could probably rotate the turret even if the Lock action fails...?

Yah, I could see the interceptor ship ability potentially not working if you fail the first action.

If Torani at initiative 5 (i5) has the same ability, she can be a force in 2e as well. Shutting down focus and evade tokens, then removing them.

Nym will be i5 as well and should be a nice ace for scum since he might still take crew and a turret slot.

10 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

The only legit complaint is that Scum has no force users in wave 1. So either Fenn/Boba need to be very strong, or Scum needs a way to counter the use of the Force. 

How do you figure?

If asaj and maul come in the conversions that is at least 2 with possibilities of more (grandfindsman).

Or are you talking pure wave one only no conversion? Because Fetts ability is very very strong, and needs no force to activate it.

2 hours ago, RStan said:

Don't forget that as we know 2nd Ed now, Fenn Rau in the Fang Fighter is the only ship that can throw 5 dice without munitions. That alone will be a very powerful piece in a game that is expected to be scaled back in the power creep we had in 1st Ed. 

Actually, as far as we know, Fenn Rau is the only ship that can throw 5 dice. Full stop. In a world with fewer defenses, that's an insane amount of power. Don't worry about him; he'll be fine. Still definitely has his niche and had better be pretty pricey or he'll be pretty OP.

1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Actually, as far as we know, Fenn Rau is the only ship that can throw 5 dice. Full stop. In a world with fewer defenses, that's an insane amount of power. Don't worry about him; he'll be fine. Still definitely has his niche and had better be pretty pricey or he'll be pretty OP.

I imagine that Fenn and Boba will fill up a 200 point list quite easily.  Both look extremely strong as a first impression.  You might even need to be fairly lean on upgrades.  Pure speculation of course but the action bars, action economy, and damage potential of both appear pretty durn good. 

4 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

I imagine that Fenn and Boba will fill up a 200 point list quite easily.  Both look extremely strong as a first impression.  You might even need to be fairly lean on upgrades.  Pure speculation of course but the action bars, action economy, and damage potential of both appear pretty durn good. 

What is 1 Fenn worth 75? 100? Is he worth one Xwing with Wedge or Luke? 2  basic Xwings? I need the app.  

10 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

With PTL being essentially replaced with linked actions and no word on attanni mindlink, I actually wouldn't be surprised if fearless or predator become some of the go to epts for Fenn Rau (at least from what we already have seen). 

11 minutes ago, RStan said:

With PTL being essentially replaced with linked actions and no word on attanni mindlink, I actually wouldn't be surprised if fearless or predator become some of the go to epts for Fenn Rau (at least from what we already have seen). 

Fearless and Predator are the two Talents that i’ve got my eye on. If Lone Wolf survives, that could be an good choice as well. 

1 hour ago, Icelom said:

How do you figure?

If asaj and maul come in the conversions that is at least 2 with possibilities of more (grandfindsman).

Or are you talking pure wave one only no conversion? Because Fetts ability is very very strong, and needs no force to activate it.

Wave 1 is all that we can play in tournaments. And Boba Fett’s ability is good, but far outclasses by Vader and Luke. 

1 hour ago, Superstrength79 said:

Ventress is going to be a Force user (she must be, or I'll riot), so there is your Scum Ace :)

Not in Wave 1. And not in Wave 2 if it’s only First Order and Resistance. 

1 minute ago, RunnerAZ said:

Wave 1 is all that we can play in tournaments. And Boba Fett’s ability is good, but far outclasses by Vader and Luke. 

in some tournaments not all.

There will be wave 1 release tournaments yes, but also full tournaments. The wave 1 only tournaments will be geared towards new players and probably not be the most competitive of the tournaments.

10 minutes ago, Icelom said:

in some tournaments not all.

There will be wave 1 release tournaments yes, but also full tournaments. The wave 1 only tournaments will be geared towards new players and probably not be the most competitive of the tournaments.

While I agree that there will be both types of tournaments, FFG will make the ones that count (a’la regionals) Wave 1 and maybe Wave 2. They don’t want new players to be kept out of the major tournaments, and they tend to cater to the casual/new players. 

1 minute ago, RunnerAZ said:

While I agree that there will be both types of tournaments, FFG will make the ones that count (a’la regionals) Wave 1 and maybe Wave 2. They don’t want new players to be kept out of the major tournaments, and they tend to cater to the casual/new players. 

So Rebels get U-wing, X-wing, Y-wing 

imperials get Tie Advanced and Tie Fighters 

Scum gets Firespray and Protectorate.  For a tournament.  

Hmm.  There will be a substantial amount of variance in the builds.  It actually sounds like a really boring tournament.  Hopefully wave 2 is announced and released soon.