NightAngel47

Dreaming of Armada

Literally, but it was really more of a nightmare. I dreamed that the next wave was finally revealed in a short video by FFG. They were some sort of combat flotillas for both sides, but all we got was a picture of the boxes.

I then spent the rest of the dream frantically searching for the follow up article or more information in the forums, but my searching proved futile. 

I might need a break from this game. It's ruining my sleep and not for the first time.

Anybody else have any weird armada based dreams?

7 minutes ago, NightAngel47 said:

Literally, but it was really more of a nightmare. I dreamed that the next wave was finally revealed in a short video by FFG. They were some sort of combat flotillas for both sides, but all we got was a picture of the boxes.

I then spent the rest of the dream frantically searching for the follow up article or more information in the forums, but my searching proved futile. 

I might need a break from this game. It's ruining my sleep and not for the first time.

I dreamt that FFG introduced a new ruleset for tornaments increasing the point count to 1500 and then the FFG PR Team had an absolute meltdown at worlds when the top list was 1 Maxed out ISDII with 104 regular TIE Fighters and around 30 Gozanti's.

(This was pre-FAQ)

Edited by Indy_com

1 minute ago, Indy_com said:

I dreamt that FFG introduced a new ruleset for tornaments increasing the point count to 1500 and then the FFG PR Team had an absolute meltdown at worlds when the top list was 1 Maxed out ISDII with 104 regular TIE Fighters and around 30 Gozanti's.

(This was pre-FAQ)

Wow, that's very specific...

One time my wife woke me up because I was snoring, and she offered me some Zyrtec. She said my response was something like "I have to weigh the advantages..."

I was dreaming that a CC teammate was asking if I wanted to put Ordnance Experts on my ship.

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Wow, that's very specific...

One time my wife woke me up because I was snoring, and she offered me some Zyrtec. She said my response was something like "I have to weigh the advantages..."

I was dreaming that a CC teammate was asking if I wanted to put Ordnance Experts on my ship.

The dream I mentioned was probably the result of trying to figure out exactly how many generic TIE's you could fit in a fleet at 4am.

Edited by Indy_com

9 minutes ago, Indy_com said:

(This was pre-FAQ)

Dude, that would be an epic list 

I did fall asleep thinking about a list at one point, then went on to dream that I'd not taken that list to a tournament but someone else had, and they were kicking so much *** with it. Woke up very annoyed at the situation!

The thing is, I don't even think the list was actually that good.

I once dreamed about a game when I had Corran, Tyho, Shara and a generic E-Wing as my squadrons. I can't remember anything else from the list but every time I made a mistake I could somehow reset the table to the previous setup. I learned quite a lot on that night about how to fly those squadrons effectively :D

Edited by Norell
typo

I have the wierdest dreams about Armada.

Specifically, about the Quasar.

Its just such a wonderful little triangle, you know?

Such a sensual little triangle.

In my dreams I stuff it with upgrades. Long lists of upgrades that pulsate with power. I lay it gently on the table, easing along for a turn or two before speeding up as it finds itself getting hotter and hotter. Beset by eager little MC30’s and giant, veiny MC80’s, she opens up her bays and launches waves of aces before finally, her crew exhausted, she succumbs to the overwhelming rebel fire.

Also sometimes I dream of Hondo.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:57 AM, NightAngel47 said:

I had one the other day. It was bizarre. I live in Ohio, I had a dream that I was driving up to a tournament hosted by @Drasnighta in Canada.  My car kept getting stuck in snow, so I got mad and decided to go to a warmer state. The next second I was in South Carolina. lol I saw two dudes playing Armada and asked if they were on the forums, one answered that he was @FoaS (I have no idea where you live lol) Then they helped me buy something from a grocery store with half it's lights off. 

It was a weird. 

12 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I had one the other day. It was bizarre. I live in Ohio, I had a dream that I was driving up to a tournament hosted by @Drasnighta in Canada.  My car kept getting stuck in snow, so I got mad and decided to go to a warmer state. The next second I was in South Carolina. lol I saw two dudes playing Armada and asked if they were on the forums, one answered that he was @FoaS (I have no idea where you live lol) Then they helped me buy something from a grocery store with half it's lights off. 

It was a weird. 

I live in the most anti-Ohio place ever: New Jersey.

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

I have the wierdest dreams about Armada.

Specifically, about the Quasar.

Its just such a wonderful little triangle, you know?

Such a sensual little triangle.

In my dreams I stuff it with upgrades. Long lists of upgrades that pulsate with power. I lay it gently on the table, easing along for a turn or two before speeding up as it finds itself getting hotter and hotter. Beset by eager little MC30’s and giant, veiny MC80’s, she opens up her bays and launches waves of aces before finally, her crew exhausted, she succumbs to the overwhelming rebel fire.

Also sometimes I dream of Hondo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CdgveUrrPMKvFA702

I dreamed that FFG ruined Armada with obscure ships that the general public wouldn't recognise as Star Wars, power creep, a FAQ longer than the rules themselves and pay to win card combinations that made maneuvre and tactics obsolete then asked us to buy a THIRD core set, along with "conversion kits" just to fix their mistakes.

Nah, my 52 year old brain must be playing tricks. They'd never do something like that would they......?

13 minutes ago, Soviet65 said:

I dreamed that FFG ruined Armada with obscure ships that the general public wouldn't recognise as Star Wars, power creep, a FAQ longer than the rules themselves and pay to win card combinations that made maneuvre and tactics obsolete then asked us to buy a THIRD core set, along with "conversion kits" just to fix their mistakes.

Nah, my 52 year old brain must be playing tricks. They'd never do something like that would they......?

You took a wrong turn at the "miniatures" tab.