Sign in to follow this  
The captn

Luke and Leia list idea

Since I'm waiting on Leia and fleet troopers to arrive I've been playing with some list ideas in battlescribe. Here's what I've come up with so far.  Leia adds some suppression down turn 1 and sets the tone. The atrt stay back and try to keep some units busy while luke runs around killing things.

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [796 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Leia Organa† [95 Points]: Esteemed Leader

•Luke Skywalker [185 Points]: Force Reflexes, Saber Throw

+ Corps +

Fleet Troopers† [67 Points]: Scatter Gun Trooper†

Fleet Troopers† [55 Points]: Fleet Trooper†

Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [50 Points]: Rebel Trooper

Rebel Troopers [40 Points]

+ Support +

AT-RT [90 Points]: AT-RT Flamethrower, Long Range Comlink

AT-RT [90 Points]: AT-RT Flamethrower, Long Range Comlink

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Coordinated Bombardment†, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••Push, •••Return of the Jedi, •••Somebody Has to Save Our Skins†, ••••Standing Orders

++ Total: [796 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

If you want your AT-RTs to hang back I likely wouldn't equip them with Flamethrower - that's definitely a weapon for being up in the faces of the opponent's infantry.

19 minutes ago, Copes said:

If you want your AT-RTs to hang back I likely wouldn't equip them with Flamethrower - that's definitely a weapon for being up in the faces of the opponent's infantry.

Or there purely to draw fire from trooper units. Or to run ahead and block LOS. I find not taking Leia’s 2-pip card interesting. Giving 2 Troopers a free speed 1 movement could be a pretty clutch move for cover. Or using it off the rip to get units moving into place quicker. 

1 hour ago, Patteous said:

Or there purely to draw fire from trooper units. Or to run ahead and block LOS. I find not taking Leia’s 2-pip card interesting. Giving 2 Troopers a free speed 1 movement could be a pretty clutch move for cover. Or using it off the rip to get units moving into place quicker. 

That was something I had planned on trying at some point with the command cards.  As far as the atrt having flame throwers that was something I overlooked while I was playing with other options.  Considering that I'd be more willing to run them around creating chaos with flames.

13 minutes ago, Patteous said:

You’ve got 4 points leftover. Why not equip one of those trooper units with grappling hooks or Environmental Gear?

It honestly didn't cross my mind.  I'm fresh to the table top war gaming stuff.  So I'm learning as I go.  I'll add it and see what happens.

11 hours ago, Oceanemotion said:

I would not take Saber throw on Luke, I really think its wasted points, when he has his blaster as ranged weapon anyway. I would drop Saber throw, and take Battle Meditation, and drop the Long range comlink on ATRT to free up points elsewhere.

Free points to swap to blaster on the atrt? The luke idea is something I'll try and see how I like it.

Updated list after a few games.  I have tried dropping the extra trooper on the  rebel squad for a base bones squad and feel point was better spent keeping the z6s alive a little longer.

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Leia Organa† [95 Points]: Esteemed Leader

•Luke Skywalker [185 Points]: Battle Meditation, Force Reflexes

+ Corps +

Fleet Troopers† [67 Points]: Scatter Gun Trooper†

Rebel Troopers [72 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Z-6 Trooper

+ Support +

AT-RT [85 Points]: AT-RT Rotary Blaster

AT-RT [80 Points]: AT-RT Flamethrower

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Coordinated Bombardment†, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••No Time for Sorrows†, •••Return of the Jedi, •••Somebody Has to Save Our Skins†, ••••Standing Orders

++ Total: [800 Points] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Here's my current Brother & Sister build. 

800/800
Luke Skywalker 160
Force Reflexes, Force Push, 

Leia Organa 90
Esteemed Leader, 

Fleet Troopers 44
MPL-57 Barrage Trooper, Fleet Trooper, Environmental Gear, 

Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Environmental Gear, 

Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Rebel Trooper, 

Rebel Troopers 40
Z-6 Trooper, Rebel Trooper, 

Rebel Troopers 40
MPL-57 Ion Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Grappling Hooks, 

Rebel Troopers 40

AT-RT 55
AT-RT Rotary Blaster, 

Commands:
No Time for Sorrows, Standing Orders, Son of Skywalker, Coordinated Bombardment, Push, Somebody Has to Save Our Skins, Assault, 

Environmental gear is so good. Leia basically hangs with the bulk of the army while Luke sprints to the enemy and goes Ham.

Having an Ion Trooper squad is generally worth it against most lists you're likely to face. 

Fleet troopers are lots of fun; you just need to be more cunning in your manoeuvring. The barrage is nice, but in recent games I found that I probably would've gotten more utility from the scattergun.