Now, as a player with an X-Wing background, I love complaining about things that I think are bad and trying to fix them without having any idea of how game design works. Would it help to give Tagge a round token mechanic similar to Pryce? I feel like he's underperforming and needs a little extra oomph.

I think a round mechanic would make him much more viable. Or even just put two tokens on him and say remove one at the start of the round to regen the token. 

Its a neat mechanic that helps benefit some more aggressive play. Just that I'm typically not down any defense tokens at start of round 3.  

1 hour ago, Ophion said:

Double ecm kuat and drive straight at them at speed 3!

Pretty much this.  He's still bad mind you.  Real bad.  But the closest I've gotten to making him work is to just take two Christmas tree'd ISDs and throw them right into the teeth of the enemy as fast as possible.

Yeah, I don't get him at all.

I faced him in a regional at the end of the earth, and he might have been used/useful if the Quasar I was chopping to bits in round 2 survived to round 3 - it had burned its defence tokens, and then died but the right amount.

But even if it had lived to turn 3, what good would be recovering a single brace? It would have only needed 1 hit to kill it - what good does a brace do? And there were no shields left - what good the redirect?

Perhaps (PERHAPS) he might have been useful in a world without a flotilla cap AND the relay nerf - keep those Gozatnias recovering their scatters... but even then? Not much use.

10 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

@Dr alex You sir have been summoned. Apparently Tagge is bad now...

Tagge is already incredibly strong in the current meta, I’ve got an 80%   win rate with him. I’ve actually got bored of winning with him. This suggestion would make him a lot stronger and I suspect the cries for him to be nerfed would get even stronger if that were the case.

I’m not going to disclose the secrets of Tagge until after Euros in case I get bored and take him at the last minute as I can be pretty fickle, so watch this space.

Double ECM Kuats with Tagge is a thing, but probably not the best thing

Edited by Dr alex

6 hours ago, Dr alex said:

Tagge is already incredibly strong in the current meta, I’ve got an 80%   win rate with him. I’ve actually got bored of winning with him. This suggestion would make him a lot stronger and I suspect the cries for him to be nerfed would get even stronger if that were the case.

I’m not going to disclose the secrets of Tagge until after Euros in case I get bored and take him at the last minute as I can be pretty fickle, so watch this space.

Double ECM Kuats with Tagge is a thing, but probably not the best thing

So Alex, what do you think? 95% win rate with another commander? :)

4 hours ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

So Alex, what do you think? 95% win rate with another commander? :)

I somehow suspect not. I think I had a a 71% win rate with Ackbar to get to 3rd at euros last year. Tagge is clearly overkill. 

7 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

I actually have a stupid win rate with Konstantine.... 6-5 is a win. 

Yeah, there is that too. I should work out my average points per game, that’s probably a better metric.

For Tagge it’s about 11.

Edited by Dr alex

Here is a carefully constructed list of imperial admirals that are better than Tagge in any list you ever run @Dr alex.

Admiral Konstantine (Yes even he is better)

Admiral Motti

Admiral Ozzel

Admiral Screed

Admiral Sloane

Darth Vader

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Moff Tarkin

Moff Jerjerrod

Go ahead and pick one of these, and you're a shoe in to win.  You are welcome. :)

1 minute ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Also, rebels have their own worthless admiral.

Starts with an "L".

Hey now... Leia isn't useless, she's just expensive.  She gives everyone Wulff basically, without taking an officer slot.  With her, Yavaris can *always* activate 3 squadrons.  She has Ozzel's ability and then some.  Leia is a very flexible commander, but she's just too expensive.  She reminds me a bit of Thrawn, quite powerful, but doesn't specialize in anything, and as such isn't often worth her cost.  It's hard to build a list around her to take advantage of her ability, because her ability isn't specialized.

Look, I don't want these two to be useless (Tagge and Leia) but they both have really tough restrictions.  Tagge with timing, Leia with the command thing.  I'd rather they get fixed. 

As much as it pains me to say it, the rebels have awesome commanders.  The list of rebel commanders that are better and cheaper than Leia includes ALL OF THEM. :)

13 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Here is a carefully constructed list of imperial admirals that are better than Tagge in any list you ever run @Dr alex.

Admiral Konstantine (Yes even he is better)

Admiral Motti

Admiral Ozzel

Admiral Screed

Admiral Sloane

Darth Vader

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Moff Tarkin

Moff Jerjerrod

Go ahead and pick one of these, and you're a shoe in to win.  You are welcome. :)

Well yes, there is that...

4 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Look, I don't want these two to be useless (Tagge and Leia) but they both have really tough restrictions.  Tagge with timing, Leia with the command thing.  I'd rather they get fixed. 

As much as it pains me to say it, the rebels have awesome commanders.  The list of rebel commanders that are better and cheaper than Leia includes ALL OF THEM. :)

Technically, Ackbar isn't cheaper, so he's not better and cheaper. Factually inaccurate.

Point proven, Leia good, @CaribbeanNinja wrong, AS USUAL

:P