Boba Rick

The Only Real Downside of 2.0 Is.....

6 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

The REALY and ONLY downside to X-Wing 2.0 will be.....

....MORE WHINING AND DEMANDS FROM WE THE PEEPS!

That's right, you think fix and nerf threads are bad NOW?  We've seen NOTHING.  When 2.0 comes out, and things can be fixed in the snap of a finger without having to go through developer playtesting, creating, and printing a new product - THAT situation (though the unfortunate side-effect of a glorious and wonderful situation) will create an ungodly amount of requests to tweak current stuff!

Just sayin'

Mark it down.

126xd795ib501.gif

Yeah, the Nerf Herders will probably still be flooding the forums to demand some ship/pilot/upgrade goes up by 20 points.

However at least we won't get those ridiculous erratas that can completely change what is printed on the card or even invalidate half an expansion.

But in the mean time while they are trying to ruin the game through F-wings and R-wings my response to those nerf herders are the same...

chatelaine-star-wars-laser-brain.gif

3 hours ago, nexttwelveexits said:

The announcement I saw said Conversion Kits.

Plural.

Image result for spaceballs laughing gif

3 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

For REALS???

Oh snap!!

Yep!  They'll be unboxing the Rebel Alliance and the Scum and Villainy conversion kits!

5 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

Where did this data come from?

I made it up to disappoint Boba Rick.

...of course, being an Imperial player too, I really just ended up disappointing myself.  I sure hope I'm wrong!

Just now, JJ48 said:

I made it up to disappoint Boba Rick.

...of course, being an Imperial player too, I really just ended up disappointing myself.  I sure hope I'm wrong!

LOL. Trololololol trololol trololol, trololololol!

People in the 2.0 bandwagon need to stop making **** up and spreading rumors/unconfirmed information. 

There is no single non-epic ship in 1.0 that cost $40. 

Stop making generalized assumptions about people's spending habits just so you can accuse people of hypocrisy. There are many valid 100 point builds in 1.0 that are going to require multiple conversion kits to field in 2.0. A lot of people own 3-4 B-Wings, 4 A-Wings, 4 X-Wings, 5+ Z-95s, 7-8 TIE Fighters and want to be able to use them in a squad. 

There is nothing close to a guarantee that X-Wing 2.0 will balanced on release or even 6 months after release. You think the same people that designed the pre-nerf Phantom, Starviper, Twin-Laser Turret, and Bomblet Generator are going to be able to release a new ruleset with 50+ ships that is balanced from the start? They even admitted in the hyperspace report that they suck at balancing. The people that are "balancing" 2.0 are the same people that ****ed up 1.0. They just gave themselves a backdoor this time to make it easier to fix their **** ups.

Also none of you actually know if swarms will or won't be usable in 2.0. And regardless, either they are viable and 2 conversion kits will be required to field them, or for some reason it turns out you can't run more than 3 X-Wings or 3 A-Wings or 6 TIE Fighters, in which case several of our ships are now paper weights and worse off then they were in 1.0. So people that enjoy playing swarms are getting the shaft either way.

You're right about one thing...  Using the players as beta testers for their game and constantly tweaking points cost could lead to chaos and player fatigue if FFG doesn't create a routine schedule and process for how they are going to implement changes. Their old system of random FAQs needs to die for this to work, and so far there are only rumors about how their new app system will interact with their licensing restrictions with Disney.

2.0 will probably turn out fine, but it would be nice for those of us who don't operate on blind corporate faith and like to practice critical analysis if FFG would tell us what all the points costs will be and how the points adjustments will be rolled out.