RayGuns

The X-Wing's articulating S-Foils.

7 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Though you probably should. Just to ensure your opponent can fairly keep track of what your S-Foils are doing.

I hope no one tries to snap my S-foils off my old models. They will close exactly once. I mean it's not that hard to ask anyway, since it's under "public information" of the board state.

8 minutes ago, GizmotronX5000 said:

I know this is a crazy idea, but how about we use a card? We could even call it Sevomotor S-Foils or something!

Oh, please.  I suppose next you'll say we should just remove charges from the card after firing missiles rather than insisting that everyone actually paint the launchers on their ships to look empty!

23 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Though you probably should. Just to ensure your opponent can fairly keep track of what your S-Foils are doing.

Except for the fact that likely tens of thousands of old X-Wing models still exist and most players won't replace all of them with new ones. 

Like everything else with an abstracted tabletop game, you're just going to have to (fairly) look at your opponent's cards if you're concerned about what they can do. There's no functional difference between this and any other two-sided card.

25 minutes ago, TheVeteranSergeant said:

Except for the fact that likely tens of thousands of old X-Wing models still exist and most players won't replace all of them with new ones. 

Like everything else with an abstracted tabletop game, you're just going to have to (fairly) look at your opponent's cards if you're concerned about what they can do. There's no functional difference between this and any other two-sided card.

So now in addition to buying a core set, conversion kits, getting an iPhone, in order to play this game, I need to not only pay attention to my opponent and their cards, but I Now have to learn how to read!?!?

FFG you are asking to much!!!

38 minutes ago, TheVeteranSergeant said:

What I love is that people think I mean to say, "Replace all of your models, nerd."

No, if you have a NEW one, you should. God, the things I have to explain.

8 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

What I love is that people think I mean to say, "Replace all of your models, nerd."

It sounds like you want me to replace all of my models. 

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

What should we do if we have a mix of old and new X-wings in the same list? Using the cards as indicators for some and wings with others? 

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Am I the only person that genuinely doesn't care in the slightest about movable parts on the models?  I can't be, right?  Right?

I dont care about it either. If ot were for me they would remain monopose

2 hours ago, Sekac said:

What should we do if we have a mix of old and new X-wings in the same list? Using the cards as indicators for some and wings with others? 

If you have the new models, you should. If you have a mix, you can't do anything about it, and it's a big oh well.

10 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

God, the things I have to explain.

You're profile says "HWK Pilot" so I don't blame people for taking you seriously. I do. Every word.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:45 PM, Wolfmanhays said:

Why aren't they motorized? They should be Bluetooth synced to the card. This is ridiculous that FFG released a product that has to be manually adjusted.  

Wait til 3.0

On 5/14/2018 at 11:25 PM, FlyingAnchors said:

I hope no one tries to snap my S-foils off my old models. They will close exactly once. I mean it's not that hard to ask anyway, since it's under "public information" of the board state.

I guess if that happens you could try to force them to buy you a new 2.0 one for the one they broke.