hemblecreations

Endor Patrol

Hi All,

I know this isn't the norm but I thought I would share a diorama I just completed using the Scout/Speeder expansion set so people can get an idea how great these figures look not just for gaming but also for diorama's

Endor Patrol

Recipe

Scouts/Speeders - these are from the new Star Wars Legion game and is the expansion set which comes with two figures and two speeder with stand and cards. I just buy them for diorama's and displays as they fit in well with the Bandai 1:48 kits.

These two were painted and weathered using Vallejo Paints , Army Painter paints.

Base - is foam board for the base and back section then I used high density foam to make the rock formation by ripping the foam away sing my fingers.

Once the high density foam had dried in place I then used real branches and glued them into place and once dry I then used watered down spakfilla to cover the whole base and to make the rock formations and the creek.

I then painted the base brown and then covered it with a mix of mulched up leaves, sand, dirt, lichen moss, thin sticks and Woodland Scenics Olive Green foliage. Once the mix was dry I then gave it several washes of Vallejo's Chocolate Brown.

The grass tufts are from Army Painter, the clumps of foliage is from Woodland Scenics Olve Green Foliage clumps and the shrubs are also Woodland Scenics Olive Green Foliage.

The ferns are from MIG Ammo and the rocks in the creek are pieces of kitty litter painted using Vallejo Beige Brown with a wash of Games Workshop's AGRAX Earthshade.

The water was done using Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and the water fall and the froth sections was done by dapping white paints around those area's and then Woodland Scenics Water Effects was used to add depth and give it a flowing effect to it.

Image6.jpg

Image9.jpg

Image10.jpg

7 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

Really nice! I'm curious how you deal with using organic items in your diorama. Is there any concern about sterilizing or sealing things like branches or leaves?

Thank you and for branches I just soak them in methylated spirits for half an hour and then let them dry out which takes about 2 hours on a warm day. The methylated spirits kills any bugs left inside and also stops the branches from rotting.

For leaves I use methylated spirits still but instead of soaking I brush the spirits over the leaves and leave them in the sun to dry out.

Ron