That One Guy

It uh... It Looks Like I've Missed A Lot...

At most the defender would get the x7 title as an inbuilt ability as evades arnt as good as they use to be but would still be useful on a 3 agility ship

i think the other title may be dead an buried, but we can always hope to get a second cannon slot

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

So yeah, I guess this whole 2.0 thing is a thing. I've spent some time looking around on the site, but I haven't yet found a full list of what the conversion kit offers. Have they yet announced a complete list of what it comes with? Cause my collection is a bit skewed compared to some other people's. For instance, I have 6 TIE Defenders... I don't think that's common. Or, you know... healthy.

yeah im in the same boat. it currently appears you would need to buy 3 conversion kits and a core set to field your 6 defenders in future epic, or 2 conversions and 1 core for standard.

so minimum $150 retail to convert 3 defenders.

Im hoping against the odds that FFG fixes it, but currently it will cost me personally $350 to convert $700 worth of ships, and thats not counting the future realease of epic conversions which will likely be at least $50.

3 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Now for the $64,000 question.  Are they giving beam weapons their own slot, or are they sticking to the cannon slot?

that would open some cool design space.

also balancing would be easier if say scyks got access to one while b-wings got access to another

5 hours ago, Vontoothskie said:

yeah im in the same boat. it currently appears you would need to buy 3 conversion kits and a core set to field your 6 defenders in future epic, or 2 conversions and 1 core for standard.

so minimum $150 retail to convert 3 defenders.

Im hoping against the odds that FFG fixes it, but currently it will cost me personally $350 to convert $700 worth of ships, and thats not counting the future realease of epic conversions which will likely be at least $50.

I thought I saw that there were individual blisters too though...

9 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

Now for the $64,000 question.  Are they giving beam weapons their own slot, or are they sticking to the cannon slot?

Speculation. We have a Jam action... Will we have a "spacetug tractor" action too?

10 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

If they want to keep x/7, then I suspect that they will bake in neither, and offer them as configurations.

Id bet the Tie/D gets baked in. The X/7 was never intended to be an actual combat ship, it was the prototype Defender. Thrawn made the call the Defender wasnt meant to be speedy but it was meant to deliver heavy firepower. So they beefed up the weapons systems while slowing the Defender down a bit.

28 minutes ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Id bet the Tie/D gets baked in. The X/7 was never intended to be an actual combat ship, it was the prototype Defender. Thrawn made the call the Defender wasnt meant to be speedy but it was meant to deliver heavy firepower. So they beefed up the weapons systems while slowing the Defender down a bit.

Yeah I'm hoping 2.0 will be the death knell for the x7; it should've been just the /D all along.

Except Thrawn's "Defender Elite" turns the defender's speed to 11, while keeping the ability to 1bank (ezra visibly pulls to one side as he hits the brakes to make tie intercepters overshoot him) And there's still no ion cannons to be seen.

21 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

I had 3 shapeways before they were announced, and 3 FFG boats. I'm gonna need 2 kits.

They said on the stream on day 2 after the announcement that they will (eventually) have smaller conversion kits.  Whether that mean individual ships or smaller packs is yet to be revealed.  You won't have to buy two full kits unless you want everything upgraded on day 1.

1 hour ago, Skitchx said:

They said on the stream on day 2 after the announcement that they will (eventually) have smaller conversion kits.  Whether that mean individual ships or smaller packs is yet to be revealed.  You won't have to buy two full kits unless you want everything upgraded on day 1.

I read that more as "when the $20 tie intercepter is released with force sensitive royal guards that arnt in the conversion kit, you can buy a $5 paper-only expansion to turn your $15 1.0 tie intercepter (plus conversion kit) into a $20 full 2.0 expansion"

1 hour ago, Rakaydos said:

I read that more as "when the $20 tie intercepter is released with force sensitive royal guards that arnt in the conversion kit, you can buy a $5 paper-only expansion to turn your $15 1.0 tie intercepter (plus conversion kit) into a $20 full 2.0 expansion"

I’m kind of expecting a $10 pack to convert the 2 imperial ships in that wave, rather than 1 pack for each ship. 

Entirely speculation though. All they have said is that they are doing something for future content. 

I'm not sure it's a question of "baking in" the titles, since they came about as a correction for the ship's price. The steep cost was due to FFG not knowing how the White K would affect the gamespace. Since it didn't end up being the sky-shattering maneuver they programmed for, we got the titles as a corrective measure. I'm gonna say something that most people likely won't expect me to say what with my love of the Defender, but I hope neither title comes back and they just make the thing cheaper. Why? Because there are so many builds I'd like to mess with, but it's so hard to overlook the opportunity cost of losing the titles. Let's say I want to try something as simple as Linked Battery. The TIE/D title becomes pointless, and I trade the considerable staying power brought by the x/7 for the uptick in attack power. It would be nice to just fly the thing, and not worry so much about losing that optimization in my squad-building. 

2 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Yeah, I don't know.  It is all speculation until they announce what they were alluding to.

3 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

I’m kind of expecting a $10 pack to convert the 2 imperial ships in that wave, rather than 1 pack for each ship. 

Entirely speculation though. All they have said is that they are doing something for future content. 

Maybe they have a few loose options and want to wait before they initiate one, using the initial reception to gauge interest/people's willingness to fork over for the conversion stuff. Who knows...

On 5/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, That One Guy said:

Maybe. That's why I said "for now". It would be lovely if they make the Defender cheaper, but if it loses the white K I'll be pissed because that's its thing. Though, I wonder if anyone else will get it...

I think they said the TIE Defender was a little too good, so they were removing the K-turn completely.

Don't worry though; the TIE Punisher will have green K-Turns at speeds 1-5.

Edited by JJ48