That One Guy

It uh... It Looks Like I've Missed A Lot...

So yeah, I guess this whole 2.0 thing is a thing. I've spent some time looking around on the site, but I haven't yet found a full list of what the conversion kit offers. Have they yet announced a complete list of what it comes with? Cause my collection is a bit skewed compared to some other people's. For instance, I have 6 TIE Defenders... I don't think that's common. Or, you know... healthy.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So yeah, I guess this whole 2.0 thing is a thing. I've spent some time looking around on the site, but I haven't yet found a full list of what the conversion kit offers. Have they yet announced a complete list of what it comes with? Cause my collection is a bit skewed compared to some other people's. For instance, I have 6 TIE Defenders... I don't think that's common. Or, you know... healthy.

Yes it's in the  FAQ for the 2.0 set you can find a link in the main article. I will go find it and post here for you.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/

FAQ section.

Edited by Icelom

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Scuttlebutt is they're doing a conversion kit unboxing live via Twitch on 5/18.

8 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

And what squad would that be?

Rexler and three Black Squadron TIEs, all with Predator. Now Predator only works if the target is in the Bullseye. The whole reason I liked it was because it was fun, wasn't too serious, but also allowed some decent action economy out of the TIEs so they could stand up to PS pushing lists. Now I highly doubt they'll ever really get to use it. I'm just annoyed because it's not like Predator was meta-shaping, most people called it too expensive. The list was just fun knife-fighters, and now from what I can tell it's garbage.

Edited by That One Guy

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Rexler and three Black Squadron TIEs, all with Predator. Now Predator only works if the target is in the Bullseye. The whole reason I liked it was because it was fun, wasn't too serious, but also allowed some decent action economy out of the TIEs so they could stand up to PS pushing lists. Now I highly doubt they'll ever really get to use it. I'm just annoyed because it's not like Predator was meta-shaping, most people called it too expensive. The list was just fun knife-fighters, and no so far from what I can tell it's garbage.

If anything that squad should be better.  Rexlar should be priced appropriately (aka cheaper) and the defensive nerfs mean 2-dice guns can do damage again.  Predator will trigger less often, but it will also probably become cheaper to compensate.  You might even get enough extra squad points to upgrade to Howlrunner. 

Edited by HolySorcerer

6 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

If anything that squad should be better.  Rexlar should be priced appropriately (aka cheaper) and the defensive nerfs mean 2-dice guns can do damage again.  Predator will trigger less often, but it will also probably become cheaper to compensate.  You might even get enough extra squad points to upgrade to Howlrunner. 

Maybe. That's why I said "for now". It would be lovely if they make the Defender cheaper, but if it loses the white K I'll be pissed because that's its thing. Though, I wonder if anyone else will get it...

Just now, That One Guy said:

Maybe. That's why I said "for now". It would be lovely if they make the Defender cheaper, but if it loses the white K I'll be pissed because that's its thing. Though, I wonder if anyone else will get it...

If the defender stays as is, then it should come down a bit in price.  Who knows though, maybe they'll make it into the monster that it deserves to be and it will get more expensive.  At the very least i expect an upgraded dial.

6 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

If the defender stays as is, then it should come down a bit in price.  Who knows though, maybe they'll make it into the monster that it deserves to be and it will get more expensive.  At the very least i expect an upgraded dial.

Oh god, please don't make it more expensive. But two cannon slots would be lovely.

Though, something to take into account is going to be the flexible nature of upgrade costs. I think this is a pretty neat idea, and I look forward to seeing what sort of resources they create to, say, help TOs create themed tournaments. That would be pretty cool, if you could design your own custom rules set, then everyone can just go through the app to access it. Like maybe some sort of Original Trilogy, restricted upgrade thing.

25 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Thing we gotta keep in mind is the app also Ffg to scale upgrade costs according to anything, but esp ship type and initiative

Can't imagine predator will cost much of black squadrons. 

Worst comes to worst, include Howlrunner

Yes I'm actually really intrigued by that.

I expect they'll only scale upgrades to ships and init values as a last resort, mind - having the math of a card change on the fly based on where it goes can start to make keeping track of everything a nightmare in anything but the app, and even there it rapidly loses discoverability. 

Impossible? No, but I would be disappointed if they made it common, put it that way.

I suspect we'll see a decent amount of Predator, too - the new era looks like getting double mods on things for free is going to be hard, so even with the restriction the fact Predator is a freebie mini-TL is going to have a lot more value than it would have today.

Really hoping that swarms get to come back; ace+miniswarm was always a favourite of mine. :)

2 hours ago, Reiver said:

I expect they'll only scale upgrades to ships and init values as a last resort, mind - having the math of a card change on the fly based on where it goes can start to make keeping track of everything a nightmare in anything but the app, and even there it rapidly loses discoverability. 

Impossible? No, but I would be disappointed if they made it common, put it that way.

I suspect we'll see a decent amount of Predator, too - the new era looks like getting double mods on things for free is going to be hard, so even with the restriction the fact Predator is a freebie mini-TL is going to have a lot more value than it would have today.

Really hoping that swarms get to come back; ace+miniswarm was always a favourite of mine. :)

Yeah, that's basically what my original mentioned squad is. And maybe adjusting everything on the fly for every ship isn't doable so much, but that doesn't mean there won't be a under-the-surface set of ground rules that guide it. For instance, maybe stuff will be slightly cheaper on ships that may only get to use it once, or won't stick around long, things like TIEs or Headhunters, as a means of incentivizing taking things on a variety of ships instead of just figuring out what works on the most pumpable aces and only doing that. I mean, if a bunch of PS 4 TIEs will only see suboptimal use of something like Predator but on them it only costs 1 point, but 3 on someone like Rexler because he's PS 8 with a Barrel Roll, I can see more people deigning to pick those middling PS guys who tended to get choked out of the meta because they were too expensive to use as fodder and too cheap to use as aces. Personally, if the new changes bring back lists with a range of PS levels I will be happy. It's become too night/day.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah, that's basically what my original mentioned squad is. And maybe adjusting everything on the fly for every ship isn't doable so much, but that doesn't mean there won't be a under-the-surface set of ground rules that guide it. For instance, maybe stuff will be slightly cheaper on ships that may only get to use it once, or won't stick around long, things like TIEs or Headhunters, as a means of incentivizing taking things on a variety of ships instead of just figuring out what works on the most pumpable aces and only doing that. I mean, if a bunch of PS 4 TIEs will only see suboptimal use of something like Predator but on them it only costs 1 point, but 3 on someone like Rexler because he's PS 8 with a Barrel Roll, I can see more people deigning to pick those middling PS guys who tended to get choked out of the meta because they were too expensive to use as fodder and too cheap to use as aces. Personally, if the new changes bring back lists with a range of PS levels I will be happy. It's become too night/day.

Pilot Skill no longer exists, its a Initiative value to be picky. Same as PS just a new scale and new name. PS is being scaled WAY back so your going to have a tighter grouping when it comes to pilots. The difference of say Brobots and Vader in 1st is 6 compared to a 9 base, where as we already know that in 2e that spread is 4s versus a 6. The Brobots still go after Vader but its not like the huge gulf of PS 7 and 8 between them. Also Black Squadrons are what I believe where used in the demo lists FFG has played and they are PS3 in 2e versus PS4 in 1e. Yes they lose 1PS but considering Vader/Fel/Fen are losing 3 PS thats a small price to pay.

28 minutes ago, GamerGuy1984 said:

Pilot Skill no longer exists, its a Initiative value to be picky. Same as PS just a new scale and new name. PS is being scaled WAY back so your going to have a tighter grouping when it comes to pilots. The difference of say Brobots and Vader in 1st is 6 compared to a 9 base, where as we already know that in 2e that spread is 4s versus a 6. The Brobots still go after Vader but its not like the huge gulf of PS 7 and 8 between them. Also Black Squadrons are what I believe where used in the demo lists FFG has played and they are PS3 in 2e versus PS4 in 1e. Yes they lose 1PS but considering Vader/Fel/Fen are losing 3 PS thats a small price to pay.

Right, I'm not caring so much about the number value as I am the relationship. If the max is now 6 and they're 3, that makes them halfway up the ladder. Arrg! I'm annoyed how little we know, I wanna know all the bits now! Hahaha!

7 hours ago, HolySorcerer said:

I wonder which title they'll bake in, the X/7 or the TIE/D?